Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Just had our 1st Domino's Pizza…
  • the-muffin-man

…and it was absolute shite.

New one has opened up in our local town so we thought we'd give it a crack as they were doing loads of offers.

Expensive – even with £10 off offer.
    An hour late.
    Overcooked.
    Dried up.
    And cold.

Complaint lodged (with what sounded like a 12yr old on the end of the phone), but I doubt it will get anywhere . . . I'll be sticking with the local greek fellas from now on.

So are all Dominos like this!?

tomzo
    Free Member

Nope, i reckon their one of the best chain takeaways. Guess it depends on the staff really…

Pizza express next time?

juiced
    Free Member

we have them sometimes when working weekends and they seem fine.

the-muffin-man

…and I've had more toppings on a cheapy Aldi Pizza!

juiced
    Free Member

TBH I prefer Aldi and Lidl Pizza's every time.

retro83
    Free Member

i'm addicted to the garlic & herb dip 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Thought that Papa John's were the Pizza daddies ? (never had any of theirs though..)

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I find dominos greasy and lacking in flavour. Never had a cold one though, and they are always fast for me but I live within a km of them.

Better than pizza hut.

KidDynamite
    Free Member

Dominos is aweful! But only if you can afford it.

Better off spending £2 on a pizza from ASDA if you really want pizza?

allthepies
    Free Member

Good call, Asda pizzas are cheap and freshly made.

waynekerr
    Free Member
    Gary_C

One opened up in my town last year.Whilst i've never tried it,i'm unlikely to now,as they advertise that all their meat on their products is 'halal'.

ton

we got together with my sister and her family the other week.
    decided on pizza hut.
    it cost me £112 in total………………….and it was shyte.
    the local takeaway 'al fresco's'is loads better.
    £8 for a full 12'' fnnarr fnnarr 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You spent £112 in the Hut, Ton? WTF were you thinking! That's a half decent bottle of claret, man!

😉

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi, Lidl or Asda pizzas are our favourites – but our local Dominos is Ok when we are in a rush and the pizza place in the village is shut

lowey

Ferouciously over priced.

We have a small Italian take away in Bolton, run by an Italian Girl. Her Pizza's are just the best I have ever tasted so wont bother with anywhere else.

MrGreedy

I don't understand why people would *ever* get pizza delivered when in most cases you could spend the same time and considerably less money just getting a supermarket one out of the freezer and cooking it. But then I'm obviously in the minority as there are plenty of Dominos or similar around…

Jamie
    Free Member

Ferouciously

Spellcheck in aisle 6 please.

allthepies
    Free Member

>I don't understand why people would *ever* get pizza delivered when in most cases you could spend the same time and considerably less money just getting a supermarket one out of the freezer and cooking it

And when you don't have a supermarket pizza in the freezer ?

tonyg2003

"I don't understand why people would *ever* get pizza delivered when in most cases you could spend the same time and considerably less money just"……. making one yourself. Takes very little time and you get a extremely tasty thin cut pizza with your own favourite toppings.

allthepies
    Free Member

tonyg2003 +1

theflatboy
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

Thought that Papa John's were the Pizza daddies ? (never had any of theirs though..)

http://www.papajohns.co.uk/

you'd be right, at least for an american style pizza. i reckon i keep our local outlet in business. 😆

top tip – it's two for one on all except small pizzas for the rest of january, online voucher code = AAFREEREAD02.

RustySpanner

lowey, go on then, tell us where!

Occasionally get a take away when staying at Ms Spanners' place and a nice Italian would really fit the bill.

I'll swap you the name of an excellent curry house/takeaway 🙂

avdave2

tonyg2003 +2

If you can make beans on toast you can make a pizza.And it'll be better than anything your going to get delivered.

MrGreedy

Well yes allthepies, it does require some pre-planning and access to a freezer and cooker, that's why I said "in most cases". tonyg2003 obviously has the best approach, but it's easier to understand why (most) people might not be bothered to go to those lengths.

At the end of the day it's a cost/convenience trade-off, and I know where I'd usually find my sweet-spot.

theflatboy
    Free Member

and to all those people who say you should just make them, we frequently do. sometimes, though, one just can't be bothered. 😆

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Gary_C – Member
    One opened up in my town last year.Whilst i've never tried it,i'm unlikely to now,as they advertise that all their meat on their products is 'halal'.

er, whats wrong with halal?
    just cos its killed in a slightly different way doesn't affect the meat, and it means that muslims will be more likely to buy the product – surely a smart idea of the company's…

is it islamophobia or some other reason that you wouldn't buy halal meat? genuinely interested.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ok, some animal rights groups don't like it either… still interested in your answer though 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

if you live in Bradford district it's pretty hard to get takeaway with meat in it that isn't halal. Unless you go to McTastefree or a well known purveyor of fried chicken. Tastes the same.

anyway, back on to pizzas. There's a pizza takeaway in the centre of Shipley that makes a very tasty Meat Feast 14in deep pan pizza for £9. Why would I get a 12in Margherita from Dominos that costs more? And I haven't been into a Pizza Hut for about 25 years

al2000

So are all Dominos like this!?

No, some are worse.

Keva
    Free Member

how could you ever expect any fast food chain to deliver anything that is worthwhile eating ?

tegski
    Free Member

tonyg2003 +3
    Given that Dominos is McDonalds for Pizza – when I have visited our local one it has half of it's staff from my high school classes (teacher here)
    DIY – on Friday we had a cheesy garlic one, a roast potato and rosemary and a roast pumpkin and prosciutto. OK I concede that we use the grated Aldi mozzarella!!! Yum, but strangely Dominos is very busy every night and people wonder why they are overweight….

Marge
    Free Member

It's amazing that in Italy, pizza is the fast food…

It's cheap, tasty, quick & not unhealthy.
    Dominos / Pizza Hut turn it into an expensive, chewy, fat soaked slab. The McDonalds of pizza.

Are ingredients cheaper in Italy? I always thought there must be an opportunity with some pizza making skill to replicate the Italian approach…

TheDoog
    Free Member

Whilst i've never tried it,i'm unlikely to now,as they advertise that all their meat on their products is 'halal'.

I had a big heated 'debate' with the singer of a punk band many years ago who had a song denouncing rascism strongly then introduced the next song as a protest to the evil people who butcher halal meat…….. double standard methinks, nothing wrong with halal meat its just as good if not better than some of the stuff you get in the big supermarkets.

Oh and had a Dominos once, neither good nor bad, just average

MrSmith
    Free Member

people eat that crap?
    they aren't real pizzas.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Selling Pizzas is good business – a few pence worth of dough and a couple of spoonfuls of topping, bake for 10 minutes, "that'll be £10 please!" 😆

luke
    Free Member

We get them at work if working at the weekend, there's normally a discounted promo offer, and there quick to deliver considering were on the edge of there delivery area.
    I'm also a fan of the garlic and herb dip.
    Theres always been a nice amount of topping, and the veggie one's arn't too bad either, but I normally opt for the bbq version.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I know a Dominoes franchise owner quite well. He seems to do very well from them financially but wont eat them under any circumstances, too fattening. Material costs for the largest pizza with everything on it are under 40p so hardly good value.

I like the local delivery place who make a fresh dough pizza that is more like a pizza express or something but supermarket stuff is just as good these days.

RustySpanner

I don't mind them in an emergency, but nicest I've had for ages is the Belview Italian Cafe in Hebden Bridge, run by Mimmo (next to the Market, just down from the music shop).

Handmade, thin, non greasy and beautiful. All for a fiver.

Come on Lowey, spill the beans on your local Bolton Italian – sharing is good for the soul.

theboatman
    Free Member

Muffin-man – if it's the one in Belper, I had the same experience and also complained. They compensated us with a free pizza, and that was shite to! Oddly I've not tried them again, as far as I'm aware we are in a decent delivery pizza free zone 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Just had our 1st Domino's Pizza…’ is closed to new replies.