• This topic has 42 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Just had my forks painted…..schweeede ;) [HD pics] GW Designs
  • walla24
    Free Member

Been wanting to get these guys to paint my forks ever since I saw some of their insane helmet airbrushing skills!

Here they are, what do you think?
    Stealth Fox graphics in a silver flake, gloss black and blue flake all over.

The finish is amazing, you can literally see the sky reflected in the clear coat finish….

The chap is called Greg of G W Designs

wwaswas

I think you don’t need 4 x 1Mb images to see the quality of the paint job 😉

I’d be scared to ride them but they do look lovely 🙂

boxfish
    Free Member

Liberace called. He wants his forks back 😉

Northwind

Oh, I really like that. Pretty much the last thing I’d do to a mountain bike part, but still.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Forkin ell

walla24
    Free Member

I won’t show you what they look like now…was mucky up on the moors!

tightywighty
    Free Member

Liking that. Can you get a shot with a bright light reflected in it so we can see how much orange peel there is in the finish ? 🙂

scaredypants

GW, you say ?

😯

brakes
    Free Member

so it’s true?
    whilst you can’t polish a turd, you can roll it in glitter!

walla24
    Free Member

orange peel

is that a secret pro technique? 😀

granny_ring

LOL @ Box.

Pimptastic.

damascus
    Free Member

Price?

stumpy01

Would be interested in a rough price for these. They look really good!

I’ve been thinking of getting the 08 Reba’s on my Barry White Inbred re-sprayed with a black glitter paint to match the frame & then some gold Reba decals to match the On One decals on the frame.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I´m with Northwind, it´s so not me but I think that looks absolutely ace.

oxym0r0n

Lush. What bike are they on?

kennyboy
    Free Member

Why?

bruneep

from the link, “Super stoked with how these turned out” 🙄

walla24
    Free Member

They are on a Yeti ASR5-c

Price depends on what you want but from £80 for lowers.

batfink
    Free Member

they look great from an inch away (as per the photos) – curious if you can see any difference from any further than that.

wiggles
    Free Member

Wow…

I like the paint but will be interested to see how the look on a complete bike?

Just seems like you will spend your rides wincing every time you hit some loose stones or some branched across the path

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d enjoy that for a couple of minutes before it dissapeared under a layer of muck never to be seen again! 😆

hora
    Free Member

Can they do graphitti etc? Personnally I’d have custard yellow, gold or turqoise lowers.

walla24
    Free Member

Wiggles, I did think that too but the clear coat top layer seems really thick. I reckon they are pretty resistant to scratching.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Why though? Looks lovely but are you planning on riding it or looking at it?

Scratches pending.

tightywighty
    Free Member

walla24 – Member

is that a secret pro technique?

😀

If there is any, it just means something wasn’t done quite right. Here’s a before & after of it being corrected with wet & dry:

woodsman
    Free Member

They look great, very subtle – perhaps too subtle but you will know it’s there under the mud and that’s all that matters.

I did mine (I paint cars) to match my custom Soulcraft, in fact I pretty much paint all my forks to match bikes – just because I can that’s all.

core

Subtle, maybe too subtle – not sure you’d notice from more than a yard away? But, as has been said, you’ll know what’s underneath the mud, it’ll make you love your bike, and want to ride it, so cool.

chiefgrooveguru

That is such stealth bling! Pete, is the Soulcraft built up then?

woodsman
    Free Member

No where near Alex, just accumulating parts as and when I have the spare cash

AlexSimon

Very nice!
    I hope it goes well with the full bike.

An idea of cost would be good.

D0NK

I pretty much paint all my forks to match bikes – just because I can that’s all.

If I could I probably would too, but I can’t be trusted to paint a skirting board, so I don’t 🙂

OPs look a little too understated for the money he probably paid, mind you anything more bold probably would be a bit Liberace

Got a frame painted bomber orange to match the forks a while back, I liked it but CBA nowadays.

walla24
    Free Member

£80 depending on what you are after, send him a message.

tightywighty….ah I see! haha none of that on them 😆

I like those woodsman, where are you based if you don’t mind me asking, have a car to paint too!

AlexSimon

£80 depending on what you are after, send him a message.

Sounds very reasonable.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’m based near Gatwick walla24, classic car restoration is what I do

walla24
    Free Member

Ha bummer on both counts, it’s a skanky old saxo and too far away. Cheers though

hora
    Free Member

Woodsman now thats what Im talking about 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Look great

No idea how you are going to wash them without scratching the top coat though

cookeaa

£80+?

They are pretty (for now) I’ll grant you but come on what’s the point? Its pair of subtly blinged MTB forks you could have put the money towards something useful…

+

Less than £30…

bigrich

it’ll last longer than the anodising on the stanchions.

avdave2

I’d enjoy that for a couple of minutes before it dissapeared under a layer of muck never to be seen again!

Judging by other posts on here quite a few could do with the mud painted on to give the impression they actually ride their bikes. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Just had my forks painted…..schweeede ;) [HD pics] GW Designs’ is closed to new replies.