Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just had an interview for Oz
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

at 7am!

Trying to get a place at a mental health hospital in Perth, WA.

Seemed to go quite well. No definite answer but was told to start applying for my visa and registration with the Oz nursing board. I’m kinda taking that as a good sign!

Just looked at the weather. It’s 34 degrees there. *sigh* Yum!

Going back to bed now….

farm-boy

Yep it is bloody warm here. Working late so I don’t melt on my commute home.

Don’t want to scare you off, but you do know that WA stands for Wait Awhile. Your visa and registration may take longer than you hoped.

On the plus side – the riding is better than they say.

Mmmm sunshine

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah “Oz Time”. Got friends in Perth.

Been waiting ages for an interview. Friday the interview q’s came through! Was away the weekend so mad panic last night doing prep.

I’m tempted to apply for a perm residency as apparently they are taking the same time to process as a working visa, and I’d be able to come and go as I pleased then.

I’ll give you a shout when I’m over. The missus says I can buy a bike when I’m there but people tell me bike kit is pricey there and it’d be better to take my bike with me?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mudshark
    Free Member

What sort of questions do they ask? Is it like a job interview?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah its for a graduate placement. I qualify as a mental health nurse in 2 weeks and I can either go with 12 months post reg experience (which means waiting another year) or go on their graduate placement scheme for 12 months and be there in August.

Was quite liberating doing an interview in my dressing gown!

farm-boy

PR was going through very quickly – like less than a week especially if you were sponsored by an employer. Last gossip that I heard was that it had slowed down a bit.

They have sped up the visa process quite a lot as well, and you can always apply for PR if you like it.

Yep bikes are bloody pricey and you don’t get too much choice either. Second hand market is very slow as well. If you can bring your bike, do so.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cheers Fb

wheels in motion 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I had an interview for a job in Sydney a year or so back. I got the job too but didn’t take it, as it wasn’t quite enough money for me to do what I needed…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just had an interview for Oz’ is closed to new replies.