Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Just had a surprising celebrity lunch
  • blader1611
    Free Member

Just went for a pub lunch with the wife when i realised that the people next to us were having a conversation much like an interview. It turned out to be Helen Skelton being interviewed just before she does some filming at Roundhay Park. It reminded me of many years ago when in the early days of romancing my future wife i took her to my local pizza restaurant. We sat down and ordered our meal and drinks only to realise that 3ft away on the next table was Jimmy Saville (pre child abuse knowledge). It made me think how small the world can be when you see famous people in your tiny part of the country.

qwerty
    Free Member

Was Jimmy ordering from the childrens menu?

timidwheeler

Dude seriously, have word with yourself!

😂

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve had a wee stood next to Andy Gregory. He’s got a set of shoulders on him. I had to pee from quite an offset.

blader1611
    Free Member

Andy Gregory the rugby league player?

IHN

I saw Richard E Grant in the kitchen shop in Cirencester this lunchtime. And Tony Adams walking down the street at lunchtime in Cirencester last week.

And Sue Barker in the Applecross Inn a few years ago. Oh, and Mike Tindall, Zara Tindall-Royal, Brendan Cole and his Mrs in the Japanese restaurant in Ciren last year. Those sightings were all cin the evening though, so don’t count.

bearnecessities

I’ve served Les Dawson a pie.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I sold David Kid Jensen a pair of padded underpants .

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve body checked Jimmy Saville to the floor in the foyer of a hotel.

scaredypants

Not sure I’ve ever knowingly seen a sleb out in the wild.  Then again, I often walk straight past people I know very well, never mind anyone famous

IHN

I’ve walked Natalie Imbruglia’s pug.

And no, unfortunately that is not any kind of euphemism.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I saw Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith in a bar in Benalmadena.

Her feet were manky.

tdog
    Free Member

Must all happen in Ciren then!!

lmao of course it doesn’t it’s as dead as ever apart from the traffic and bastad council developments going on there.

plus it’s the thai emerald restaurant. Nice enough food but not enough to even feed a starving Ethiopian.

prawny

I saw Ben Rich off of ‘The Weather Forecast’ in Nandos once. I’ve never been since so I don’t know if ‘celebs’ are regularly in there.

In a previous life as a toll monkey on the M6 Toll I handled the small change of many famous people, some more famous than others. But some proper famous types.

IHN

I saw the woman who played Frank Butcher’s mum in Eastenders walking out of a petrol station in Barnes.

IHN

And Mark King of Level42 slappy-bass fame on the ferry to the Isle of Wight.

shermer75
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

I once simultaneously purchased cagoules in Mountain Warehouse in St Ives with  long haired fop Neil Oliver off of history and archaeology and that.

DezB
    Free Member

I saw a reporter from South Today in IKEA. Man, it was awesome!

IHN

plus it’s the thai emerald restaurant

What is? The Japanese restaurant, where I Saw Famous People is the Japanese restaurant,called, I think, Soushi. The Thai Emerald, as the name suggests, is the Thai restaurant.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OP did you tell her to shut up, she’s right annoying

rmacattack
    Free Member

I don’t do celeb ‘star struck’.  I’d be more impressed if someone in the car next to me was a neurosurgeon who had just left work after doing something beneficial for the human race.

IHN

You must be a hoot at parties.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I used to deliver the paper to Hilda Ogden (Jean Alexander).

Big tipper at Xmas too…

stever
    Free Member

I sat next to Marc Riley in a garden centre caff. The hilarious thing is, we’re both called Riley!

avdave2

Valerie Singleton had a go at me for attempting to clip a radio mic to a jacket that Joan Armatrading had bought her at a dinner once.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I once queued at a cash point in Kilkenny behind Jimmy Carr (didn’t see his pin)

MSP

I used to earn a little extra pocket money mowing Bill Tarmey’s (Jack Duckworth from corrie) lawn from time to time when I was a kid. A fair few of the coronation street actors were from the area, and most were really arrogant tossers, but Bill Tarmey was a really nice bloke.

Later in life, when working as a bouncer, Stuart Hall was the guest “of honour” at the opening of a minor nightclub, we had to ask him to leave because he was way to hands on with any women. So it came as no surprise when operation yew tree caught up with him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Recent one would be sat next to Paul Collingwood on the way from heathHeato Newcastle at the end of Jan nice bloke chatting about cricket and being away from home

WillH

My wife and I met up for lunch the other day and afterwards, as I was standing by the entrance enjoying the view (and waiting for MrsH to use the facilities), Nasser and Bumble came in to see if they could get a table.

They couldn’t, as it was full, so they went to a café down the road.

ransos
    Free Member

I once stood behind big Ron Atkinson in the queue at the airport. He’s not all that big.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Valerie Singleton had a go at me for attempting to clip a radio mic to a jacket that Joan Armatrading had bought her at a dinner once.

Is that you Kenny Senior?

verses

I can think of 3 “celeb” encounters…

– We sat near Rick Wakeman in a restaurant in Ipswich

– I saw Chris Packham having his lunch in a pub in the New Forest

– I sat next to Titus Bramble in a pub while watching the footie

theotherjonv

My mate not only stood next to, but actually had a brief conversation with, David Seaman at a urinal one time.

Actually it was in Harrods, and the exact conversation went:

‘Fookin’ ell, pound for a piss’

‘Don’t worry, I’m sure you can afford it’

zippykona

I shared a jacuzzi with the England rugly team the day after they beat Australia.  I can’t remember what year it was.

They put all the usual preening gym bunnies in their place as the team are properly **** huge.

mefty
    Free Member

walking out of a petrol station in Barnes.

If it was the Esso one, they are ten a penny in there.

Houns

Saw Johnny Depp and stroked his friends dog in a pub in Hindon 5 years ago on a cold February night.

rOcKeTdOg

I met Amos Brearley in C&A one, sold Roy Wood some chicken portions & big Ron some seedless grapes

mrhoppy

Sat opposite Kate Humble on the train to Manchester last year.

mikertroid
    Free Member

When I were a lad, I came home to find Alan Towers (!) In my folks living room. Alan Towers!!!!

Met Fatboy Slim and Zoe Ball at a wedding. Lovely people.  They invited me over to their house to surf. I informed them Brighton didn’t have any surf. Not my finest moment!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Just had a surprising celebrity lunch’ is closed to new replies.