Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just got one of those “Uh oh!” messages
  • masterdabber
    Free Member

Strava have kindly sent me one of those “Uh oh!” messages informing me I’ve lost one of my (few) KOMs. It’s for a nice Category 3 climb in the rural Lot in southwest France. A beautiful, quiet climb.

When I looked to see who had the temerity to rob me I never felt so bad…. David Moncoutie the former Cofidis rider, winner of a couple of Tour de France stages among other successes.  I won’t be the only one to receive the message… he’s been knocking a lot of KOMs on his ride.  He’s still a rotten devil though.  🙂

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Oh well at least you know it’s a class act besting you.

Waiting for a pile of oh oh emails in September when the tour of Britain does the Aberdeenshire roads.

monkeyboyjc

The real question is how much quicker was he than you?

mashr

A young Aussie Sunweb rider (forgotten his name now) visited here for while a few years ago when his girlfriend was at uni. Many, many emails were sent

chakaping
    Free Member

Excellent humblebragging OP 😉

All my climbing KKOMs are long gone, so I only get the uh-ohs to tell me someone has taken my laurel for local legend – which literally nobody gives a shit about.

Probably good that they stopped sending them for lost descent KOMs – so roadies wouldn’t ride under buses or off cliffs chasing them.

matt_outandabout

We have had the reverse – eldest_oab took a few KOM’s on Torridon descents last week. He won’t publish them, he never does…

masterdabber
    Free Member

The real question is how much quicker was he than you?

Well,to put it in perspective.

This is a 3.32mile climb. I went up it in 15 minutes 39 secs at an average of 12.7mi/hour. Before Monsieur Moncoutie went up it, the person in second place did it in 16 minutes.

David did it in 11 minutes 45 secs at 17mi/h.

Btw, I should perhaps add that I am still ahead of Michal Kwiatkoski on a little climb near to my home in Surrey. I’m not the KOM but I am ahead of Michal.

I won’t elaborate 🙂

monkeyboyjc

Ah – its always gutting when it’s a second or two – when it’s minutes I’m never bothered…

finbar
    Free Member

I took a KOM off Russ Downing last year (5.5 mile rolling stretch).

(I waited for a mega tailwind and targeted my entire ride on it; Russ previously got it as part of a 95 mile ride 😀 )

joshvegas
    Free Member

I got one once.

Didn’t even know I had the KOM to start with, something to do witha reported segment because its crossed a road (actually started immediately before crossing,

And now they have changed the road layout i’d have to sprint up a bank carrying a bike….

hmm maybe i should egt it back.

funkmasterp

I held one for part of the Macc Forest route once. Still convinced it was an error.

johnx2
    Free Member

Excellent humblebragging

I don’t think so to be fair, I looked very very hard and failed to see any humble.

(I’d also be telling everyone 🙂 )

fossy

I know of a roadie that’s injured himself badly going for descent KOM’s. He’s not learnt and is still doing it, and he’s no spring chicken. Been off sick with injuries caused by being an idiot.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Excellent humblebragging

I don’t think so to be fair, I looked very very hard and failed to see any humble.

(I’d also be telling everyone 🙂 )

You’re a rotten lot 🙂

I have little to brag about in cycling terms, especially not my MTB prowess. I was probably a bit better, relatively, as a roadie but pretty much stopped that malarkey a couple of years ago.

Btw, the particular KOM I referred to in the original post, I never knew I had. it was a nice surprise to see I had it but shades of regret to see it disappear.

Anyway..you lot (and David Moncoutie) are still rotters 🙂 🙂 🙂

donkeysled

I just got one of those from the tax man. Count yourself lucky.

reeksy

I set up random segments on my forestry commute for the fun of it and to motivate me. Very few people ride these roads so I am always well up there. Then a Columbian Triathlete decided to do a ridiculous epic gravel ride and in the process of take minutes off my time 🙁

Pro female rider lives down the road from me as well, She’s only young but it’s good to see her up there taking KOMs as well as QOMs.

More annoying is all the moto-x riders in the forestry that use Strava to track their rides.

13thfloormonk

I set up random segments on my forestry commute

I do this to, usually so I can use Live Segments for chasing my own time etc.

Someone near me must have got a new KOM swiftly followed by an uh-oh email yesterday as I set up a segment that they were fastest on but which hours later I grabbed as part of a tailwind assisted training ride. 😎

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just got one of those “Uh oh!” messages’ is closed to new replies.