Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

Ah, that’s where it cam from!

I thought I couldn’t count for a minute!

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Unlocked Qwent, now I need to convert my Anaconda back to a mining build before heading over to Spocs 103.

Still tempted to buy something else as a permanent mining build. What to get though? I wonder if I could repurpose the Beluga for the time being?

Or maybe splurge on a new Python? I have most of the mining kit in storage, but it’d need some A-rating I guess.

v8ninety

I’ve a dedicated Mining Anaconda and a dedicated Python miner so I can offer an opinion here. The Python is an amazing ship for mining; probably the optimal ship in the game in my opinion. My Anaconda is better on paper than my Python, but in use it feels heavy and lumbering, and the hold feels like it takes forever to fill. Around 200t just feels about right for a mining trip to me, which the Python manages nicely.

I’ve never flown a Beluga, so couldn’t comment. Imperial ships are popular for mining, but I don’t fancy them much, would feel like towing a caravan with a Bentley. For carrier mining, the Corvette would be awesome too, as it’s shocking jump range would matter not. Type 9; see my comments re the Anaconda, but add even more lumberingness, with the slight positive of a better view. Never looked into a T10 but could work maybe?

Don’t forget to swap out the fuel scoop for extra cargo when doing carrier supported mining today 👍🏼

And don’t forget your limpets, like I did last night, twice 🙄. At least the carrier is nearby…

crewlie

And don’t accidentally target a security ship instead of a pirate and have to take a 19ly detour to get rid of your wanted status, and then also accidentally add Painite to your ignore list and wonder why it’s taking so long to collect anything 🤦🏻‍♂️

molgrips
    Free Member

Python is also half the price. Hmm.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Another vote for the Python, with a careful build you can have it set-up for all three types of mining. It’s never going to be a ’10 limpet’ optimal laser mining build like a cutter, but I like mine so much I’m thinking of buying another for a combat build.

[Edit] Plus you will never be interdicted by an NPC again!

@crewlie
    another standard day in the rings! I found two painite sub-surface deposits, then discovered I had ignore painite switched on! I find that whole ignore list to be really hard to use.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

What sort of money does it need in terms of FSD, shields and thrusters? I have the rat of the gear already?

Am I gonna make my money back? 🙂

v8ninety

Am I gonna make my money back? 🙂

Goodness me yes; this is ED mining after all! My Python is worth a measly 122 mil, according to Inara. I could buy 3 or 4 with the anticipated profits from last night alone.

v8ninety

Matt; I remember you asking about ‘Mysterious Stranger’ type missions; well I came across this in the Dark Wheel Discord today; thought it may be of interest to you;

OK gonna respond to this question and pin it once and for all so its reoccurring status will be much easier to deal with. ***__TIP OFF MISSIONS: WHATS THE DEAL??? __*** Well you see as you do missions for a faction you will from time to time get these generated tip off missions telling you to go somewhere and do a thing. Many players ignore and delete them as they are quite often telling you to fly a long distance and do something shady or hard for a reward that seems not all that great. the thing is though that quite often these missions tie directly to POI’s and such that may or **__MAY NOT__** have ever been discovered. For this exact reason Canonn Interstellar actually has a program where you can report these tipoffs to them and they will check it against the known shit list and if it seems it’s not known they will go there themselves to catalogue the site! **__IN ADDITION FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE DARK WHEEL:__** It is established lore for TDW that you have to get their attention and then *PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY* by undertaking some difficult task and only after passing this test will they let you in on a secret that it wasn’t a standard mission but rather that it was a test. for __THIS__ exact reason. I myself (and most of the hard core Raxxla heads) do ALL these tipoff missions in the hope that somewhere somehow it will lead to some clue. if you choose not to do the missions that is entirely up to you but now you can decide with all the relevant information. That is all.

– Cmdr Kai Zen, TDW

matt_bl
    Free Member

Thanks V8ninety, I actually have a tip off mission in my inbox, waiting to be done.

Kai Zen is a great advert for the Elite community.

Matt

[Edit] I think my Python is around 110M, I don’t have great armor or shields. I run a 4A shield, but it could take a 6 maximum. Thrusters are class six and the powers are 7, so plenty of juice.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hopefully a handy 300mCr worth of stuff mined last night, with help, hopefully over the week I can rack up a billion or so. That will probably be enough tbh. I have nothing else on which to spend it other than ships and rebuys, and whilst I have a few on my shopping list I don’t want them all.

I might get a Mamba or maybe an Eagle, for fun, and maybe a T10 for laughs, but otherwise not sure.

molgrips
    Free Member

BTW pirate AI seems to have been upgraded. Last night we got scanned on the way into a hotspot as usual, then one of the circled us at a distance until we mined some and then tried robbing us.

Also got ambushed a few hours into a session too. I might have to bring my Anaconda after all next time. Moar guns.

matt_bl
    Free Member

They need to work on their process. As a potential customer I didn’t think they made it easy for me to do business with them. I should not need to know the system price for my goods in order to negotiate.

Additionally some training is required for their lead sales representative, whose tactics could easily be interpreted as overly aggressive.

Overall, 2/10 would not recommend.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Simply mining the painite themselves would make far more sense than waiting to rob miners.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Or just pirate the pirates right back? Arrrrrr

matt_bl
    Free Member

V8ninety and I tried to ram them, but they we in Eagles and a bit tricky to hit!

Matt

D0NK

Thrusters are class six and the powers are 7, so plenty of juice.

class 7 PPs are a big chunk of weight and expense tho, my python & Krait manage OK with 6A PPs.

Ive had pirate issues while mining lately too, RL getting in the way mid session so log out, when I log back a ship turns up to scan me, boosting away a few times seems to work OK, this obviously works in my cutter but the python managed OK aswell.

Been a busy weekend barely been online, just going to log in a finish off some NKL mining missions. how are we doing in the system take over stakes?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Been busy all weekend as well, not been on since Friday am. Will be Wednesday night before I’m on.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ll do a quick run round tomorrow and shout out.

Matt

matt_bl
    Free Member

As I was logging out last night, I flicked through a couple of the panels to see if any rep or rank had changed and I spotted in my notifications:

Cmdr V8ninety destroyed your ship

Goes to show what one slip of the pew pews on an FDL can do. Good job it was me in the fighter, Aliyana would have really kicked off!

[At least I assume it was a slip!]

Matt

v8ninety

Cmdr V8ninety destroyed your ship

Blimey, I didn’t even notice! I do apologise.

Did a bit of engineer unlocking this afternoon, ferrying cigars around the Galaxy, and stopping off at any HGSS that I see along the way. Nice and relaxing 🙂

crewlie

Likewise, one mining run then over to Elvira to get drag drives added to my Anaconda’s dirty thrusters.
    Matt, how long are you planning to stay in the Spocs system?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Been hammering the inf++++ missions for NKL in Akuntsu for a couple of hours. They really seem to hate Pirates and love black boxes don’t they?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Also, pack hounds are brilliant fun.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Aren’t they!

I noticed that the best sell for painite is 20Ly from Akuntsu so brought 100t with me. The price is 958 and the demand is 858, so at least 100 probably 150t would get full price.

I will do the loop now and call the numbers for NKL.

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

They really seem to hate Pirates and love black boxes don’t they?

I think it really depends on the time of day but yeah they love hammering that crap in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dropped off another 56t of painite this afternoon and 88 tonight, so I’m at 488 now I think.

I think I’ll mine all week.

matt_bl
    Free Member

The status for NKL:

A little work needed in Kuwembaa, currently 56.6, 60 is ideal
    Work required in Akuntsu, to catch the controlling faction. There are good pirate and boom delivery missions.
    Anyone who fancies a scrap can head over to Coribes, it’s a long travel, but there are three stations and etc out there.

Matt

v8ninety

Ooh… further odyssey teaser/dev diary goodness

Those icy planets look gorgeous!

matt_bl
    Free Member

Saw that, well I’m officially excited!

They are on the Frontier youtube channel @700 UTC tonight.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

That does look incredible. I hope it even still works on PS4 with that level of gorgeosity.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Apparently so, according to Frontier. I will be switching to PS5 though, mine sounds like the friendship drive is charging whenever I turn Elite on!

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

Damn! I was already looking forward to upgrading my potato (13yo processor, 8yo graphics) but that is amazing!

Just need Cyberpunk to finally launch and its going to be a fun winter.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Agreed. It looks lush. However, disclaimer at the end “Pre-Alpha development footage may not be representative of final product”.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Won two medium CZ’s for NKL in Coribes tonight. Both times a wing of spec ops Vultures spawned and I bagged 7 out of 8.
    The mighty Corvette is just the ticket now I’ve tooled it up a bit.
    Enjoying the pew pew more and more

D0NK

what hardpoints you using perchy? My corvette is fairly bulletproof but still struggles to kill things in a timely manner in CZs and threat level 6 pirate spawn points.

couple of high intensity CZs, bit of a trek to get there, should have parked the carrier in system, maybe later. Still enjoying having to work a bit harder with APAs on the krait, trying to train my lowly harmless fighter pilot up to deadly or something.

perchypanther
    Free Member

what hardpoints you using perchy?

2 huge gimballed multicannon, 1 large and 2 small turret beam lasers, 2 racks of pack hounds and a halfway competent NPC in an Imperial fighter with plasmas. It’s not quick but it gets the job done.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wanted a change from mining tonight. Got the Palin invite, went looking for sensor fragments, found a ton of high grade mats but no sensor fragments.

Also – that trailer for Odessy – just noticed it is titled ‘The Road to Odessey Part 1’ so the whingers on YouTube should perhaps wait for subsequent parts 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

There are a couple of crashed thargoid ships which are some of the best places for sensor fragments, HIP 17403 A 3 A and HIP 17862 6 C A.

17403 has biologicals and an interesting base, whilst 17862 has geologicals, so plenty of good stuff.

About 5500t on the carrier now, is everyone up for selling on Friday (providing there is a half decent price(?

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

I guess, only got 66t last night but thats still going to pay for my refit. Dunno if I dropped into that hotspot correctly but certainly found painite with the only thing being it was mostly core.

Bushkov Dock is currently buying at 998700! Dread to think what it’s like for piracy around there.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.