Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • crewlie

Nah, I’ll be fine. I’m back on the Fleet Carrier I hitched out here on, as long as I don’t get stranded here I’ll be ok. I could synthesise some FSD boost and get away, but I only have a limited amount of refills.

matt_bl
    Free Member

@Molgrips

System: Col 285 Sector CC-K a38-2
    Planet: 1

Aim for below the middle hotspot. Mineable in all three modes. It’s about 150Ly outside the bubble, but for 300M Cr I’m in prepared to travel a little. If you get back and fancy a wing mining session, give me a shout.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife has found a double LTD hotspot on her first go. It’s only a slight overlap though so might not be great.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Get back to the bubble and do some surveying! We need luck like that.

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

@matt_bl duly noted, 150ly is only a few jumps, I’ll take that!

Found LTDs when I last went galavanting, no idea where though but since the patch it’s probably not worth caring. But for future reference, how do I pull that data? Or do I just have to bookmark when I find them?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yeah, bookmark is the best way. You can edit the names so they make sense to you.

The patch nerfed my spot with four doubles, so that there are now no doubles at all.

I’m just off to do some prospecting myself. I’ll shout if I find anything interesting.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Double void opals. Are doubles worth it? I might come back and try this one.

matt_bl
    Free Member

The thinking is that increases your chances of getting that type of core.

It does not increase the number of core asteroids. Void Opals are good money.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go. I’m ‘only’ 250Ly from the Colonia bubble.

Kato

Right my Empire grind is done and after all that I found that I didn’t even want to buy an Imperial Cutter

Back at SHinrarta now and planning an exploration trip. My Asp is perfectly capable but now mining has been nerfed at Borann I’m tempted to strip all my mining gear off the Anaconda and build me an Explorerconda! Only thing that concerns me is trying to land something that big on a planet. Any opinion? Should I just stick with the Asp?

To be honest, I don’t really know what to do with the Anaconda…..

molgrips
    Free Member

I love my Anaconda. What to do with it? Cover it in engineered turreted weapons and melt pirates; fit SLFs and melt pirates, have your mates over to fly SLFs and sit in the gunner seat; make loads of money trading whilst still being armed well enough to melt pirates; do loads of missions whilst melting pirates..

You get the idea. Do whatever you want in it whilst being well armed and shielded.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I have only had a few situations where landing my Phantom was problematic, where I was trying to land at specific geological or biological signals. It probably isn’t that much of an issue.

The difference in jump range is not that huge, but adds up if you are doing 20000Ly+

I’m gonna say if it’s a massive expedition where the kitchen sink is required Conda. Anything else Phantom (or AspX in your case).

Matt

Kato

Think I’m just not used to something so big. Like the idea of a turret monster though!

v8ninety

To be honest, I don’t really know what to do with the Anaconda…..

I’ve made the Ultimate Mining Ship™️ with mine; the ‘STW Over Kill’. I’ve got x2 mining lasers, x2 abrasion blasters, a subsurface missile launcher, a seismic charge launcher, pulse wave scanner, x6 collector limpet capability, 210t cargo capacity and a jump range just shy of 50ly loaded; it’s awesome! Still got room for a couple of weapons and a decent shield too, as interdictions are hard to dodge in an anaconda, they handle like whales in super cruise.

I really like the new mining adjustments; it doesn’t feel quite so cheaty and the variety of mechanics make it fun and engaging.

matt_bl
    Free Member

That’s a cracking ship! You only need 1 abrasion blaster though, unless the bug that produced multiple chunks has returned.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve made the Ultimate Mining Ship™️ with mine.

…only until I build my Core-vette

v8ninety

only until I build my Core-vette

Excellent name 😂👍🏼

Tell me again about your jump range though? 😉 (Although the ability to hitch on carriers goes some way to mitigate that particular issue).

v8ninety

You only need 1 abrasion blaster though

Aha! That’s great news; I can make the good ship STWOK a little spikier in defence instead. I’d evidently read some out of date info that suggested two was optimal. Cheers!

matt_bl
    Free Member

I reckon you could squeak 30Ly out of a vette, but that would need a class 5 Guardian FSD booster (10.5)

As I said previously there will be no messing with you two rock gankers!

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Father’s day gifts:

Also got a Timber Bell which I think is related to something I used to do but I can’t quite remember.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Excellent! Timber bells are ace.

Matt

crewlie

My daughters just told me she’s been stalking me on this thread, but doesn’t understand a word we’re all saying. I’m proud at my age to have out nerded my offspring 😂.
    Also Timber bells +1!

v8ninety

Awwww that card is ace 👍🏼😎 (also, always wanted a timber bell; Bit jealous)

Kato

What a great card!

v8ninety

I’m in the black tonight (PS4) from about 2000hrs UK time if anyone fancies a wing; happy to mine, bounty hunt or attempt some conflict zone action. Shout up 👍🏼

molgrips
    Free Member

Do you have a spare seat? I might need a break from exploration tedium – unless my wife is playing Zelda.

v8ninety

I’ve a couple of Multicrew ships but no fighter bay yet so there’s not a great deal to do for a copilot. I can sort that within an hour though, if I refit ‘OverKill’ for some combat shenanigans. Or we could try a bit of CQC? Or both 😎👍🏼

That does seem to be the problem with exploring; it’s a long way home to the rich variety that the bubble (or Colonia I guess) brings.

v8ninety

Something I don’t really understand with Frontier is why they’ve put so many non dockable stations and the like in the game. Surely these facilities would have docking facilities; why not make at least some of them dockable? It could provide for different mission types and would increase the visual variety. As beautiful as the three main station types are, you start to not notice after the 100th or so mail slot approach. Ah well. Maybe for future updates?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m happy to do CQC. I’ve unlocked a tasty ship or two.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Would we CQC together?

I am around tonight and would be up for that or some CZ action, I need some combat bonds for an engineer. I did some last night in the Viper, it was so annoying flying rings round a T10 then watching as it jumped away with 30% hull and me with no ammo.

The Viper may be relegated to bounty hunting, the weapons are so small I might as well hit them with cushions in the CZ.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

From what I’ve read there’s no way to specifically CQC with your mates but if you all join together it tends to match you. But no guarantees.

The Viper may be relegated to bounty hunting, the weapons are so small I might as well hit them with cushions in the CZ.

Yes mate get a proper ship, I’m sure you can afford it by now. My A rated Fer de Lance is quite fun to use. As is the Anaconda with fighters.

v8ninety

That Vulture of yours looks like just the ticket for CZs Matt?

matt_bl
    Free Member

The Vulture, is/will be good. I was just hoping that engineering the Viper’s rails/multi-cannons would make it feasible as a ship for CZ. I picked up some advanced thrusters in Deciat and it is starting to be a real hoot to fly. Maybe I’ll just complete the engineering and use it for ganker baiting.

Matt

Kato

Browsing the mission board at CD-33 8748 and the worst reward to effort mission I’ve ever seen has popped up

Courier job for 770729cr. CD-33 8748 to Ratraii a distance of 21988.64 LY!!

For 770729cr! I swerve that one thanks

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Help! – I got sucked into ED while enjoying recovery from COVID, but since going back to work I’ve not touched it. Give me something to do or an objective to aim for so I play it again (especially as my wife is taking the kids to her parents next week so I am able to explore the galaxy uninterrupted)

matt_bl
    Free Member

35Cr per light year, no-one needs money that badly!

@Bushwacked
    where are you at in terms of the game? Need money? Need engineering? Guardian stuff? I have been doing some engineer unlocks and visiting prominent sites in the game recently, not great if you’re looking to make money, but interesting. Davs Hope, Jamesons Cobra (there’s an interesting site on the wrong planet near Jamesons Cobra! Good story, a bit ‘the thing’). Next I’m going to Sol and find voyager.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of visiting one of the Guardian sites to unlock the Guardian FSD booster.

Top tip: Take a small ship with point defence mounted on the top, land it as close as you can and it’ll shoot down the sentinel missiles.

Take two SRV’s

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well Deciat is just a shit show now.

Took my AspX out and hopped about a couple of empty systems until I found some asteroid clusters. Not after anything fancy. Found a big yellow with a load of cores, didn’t bother looking at them, blew it and started collecting. Blew off a hopper to get started, has to blow off another and realised the spanner droids were gleefully bringing me LTDs. Ended up with enough material for 3 in the hold, happy days. A quick hop and I was 1.5m richer.

Hop back to Deciat for my fuel scoop and about 8ls from Garay I got ganked by some arsehole. No scan, not interested in cargo, just cooked me on the spot. With the rebuy and lost bounties I think I made a few hundred credits on that run.

Pain in the arse, think I need to relocate to a less ganky home base. Or stop playing there late at night.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yeah, Deciat, New Borann, Shinrata and the highest sell station for LTDs are all pretty bad for Gankers at the moment.

@Squirrelking
    if you need cash I will recommend double painite. I can fill a python in 30-40 minutes since some of the rocks have 60% painite. You can get 600-700k Cr without travelling to risky stations. It’s not the meta for money making but it is quick and safe = fun. Let me know if you want the details.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

….or switch to solo for travelling through the gankzone

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.