Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

Just done a hostage rescue mission. Good fun, if a bit brief, felt a bit piratey. Yarrrrr

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

How’d you figure that out? Galnet local news at the station? Guess we made a difference after all 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

In small systems, low population, then it is possible for one or two people to make a big difference, so yeah, could easily have been down to us.

The stats are on INARA, though they are not always updated promptly as it requires someone with the INARA software to go into the system. Kuwembaa is my home system so I checked the status tab in the right hand panel. War happens when two factions have the same influence, at the end of the war the two sides are separated by a 5 point margin to the winner. Li Chotep are now out in front.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool.

matt_bl
    Free Member

The BGS has a certain nerdy appeal! That is one of the reasons I chose Kuwembaa as my home base. The populations are small and it is pretty out of the way, so not many other cmdrs are going to be around. I hadn’t banked on Borann being within 30Ly.

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

So the Brave Sir Robin didn’t work. Took an illegal black box mission, got melted by NPCs before I could pick it up. No bother, back again, in the hold and boosted off with no shields but my ass intact. And got picked off by a random commander when I dropped out of hyperspace.

Back to Garry, shield booster, military bulkheads and… Nothing. Nobody interested in me at all. Even annoyed an NPC with a bounty and they just buggered off.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I find NPCs have a sixth sense regarding load-outs. Just try running without any sort of missile defence and see how many NPCs are bristling with them.

Matt

richmtb

I’m still grinding away to get Fed rank. I’m up to Lt Cmdr now.

I’ve been in Sol doing pirate massacre missions in Barnard’s Star. They are actually pretty profitable once you gain good reputation with the factions handing them out. I turned in some overlapping missions last night for about 150mn credits and I could have made more but I was picking the high reputation rewards.

Combat ranking is going to be a bit of a grind though, I must have killed 200 ships and my combat rank went form 10% Master to 30% Master. At this rate its going to take about a year to get to Elite!

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m just a couple of ranks behind. I find the missions I take are pretty good for moving up, but then I am doing them more the mission itself rather than just to increase rank. Petty Officer for me.

The combat rank is easily the slowest to increase. I was doing a mining mission for H2O2 and happened to find 53t of Low Temperature Diamonds. The 80+ million Cr shot my trade up by 20%, on the move from tycoon to elite.

Matt

v8ninety

Whatever you do; don’t do what I did and take a last quick pirate kill mission before logging off, and then only realise that it’s a wing mission when you open fire on your target and your world rapidly disintegrates by the light of laser beams, fire and plasma ☄️💥🔥✨⚡️

Oops. One £10m rebuy later… 😫😣😫

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yeah, in life the words ‘One last………’ are frequently heard before a disaster of some sort!

I have lost count of the crappy decisions I have made in Elite and the amount of credits they have cost me.

Matt

Mikkel
    Free Member

Ceos and Sothis systems is good for fed rank, as you will always get missions between these two, and if you have big cargo space you can sometimes do 5 mission at a time with two cargo missions + couriers.

richmtb

Ceos and Sothis systems is good for fed rank, as you will always get missions between these two, and if you have big cargo space you can sometimes do 5 mission at a time with two cargo missions + couriers.

I’ll give it a try. I was doing courier missions from Ochoshi but it was soul destroying.
    I quite enjoy murdering pirates but its definitely a slower way to build rank. I’ll give Ceos and Sothis a try once i get bored

matt_bl
    Free Member

I was trying to build influence for my faction and managed to get 6 missions in a round trip, a recover hostages and two deliveries to another system, fill up with limpets and mine H2O2 in the next system, return for an in system delivery, then massacre 10 pirates. A solid evening’s work.

The only problem was my faction tipped into a war state while I was away, so none of the influence counted!

matt

richmtb

Pirate assasination mission from Sol seems to be okay.

The way it works is pick a system with a few mission – Barnard’s Star worked for me. Then find lots of overlapping massacre missions from different Federation factions.

So Faction 1 gives you “Kill 30 pirates”. Faction 2 Gives you “kill 12 Pirates,” Faction 3 gives you “kill 40 Pirates” etc. As long as they are from different factions then any kills move the kill counter on all the missions.

You can also then add individual assassination missions, these count toward your massacre mission totals and you get the individual mission bonus for the assassination target too.

I picked Sol because there are a lot of Federation Factions and you can fly to Earth and visit the 3 stations next to it to stack as many mission as possible quite quickly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Beware stacking missions with the risk of hostile ships being sent against you. It multiplies the risk!

matt_bl
    Free Member

Wow amazing what a few diamonds does! The traffic in G 59-7 has jumped from practically nothing to 12% of the total (Shinrata is 16%) due to an LTD price of 1.6M Cr/t.

Soon be ganker’s paradise.

Matt

perchypanther
    Free Member

I might have been to G 59-7 a couple of times today.

Strictly for sightseeing purposes, you understand. 😉

v8ninety

Okay STW1 commanders; shall we RVP tomorrow at 2000hrs? Someone name a system and station ahead of time and I’ll try to move my fleet there ready 👍🏼

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the brief? Pew pew or wing missions or what?

v8ninety

Wing something; I’m cool with missions, CZs, even a bit of wing mining which is meant to be lucrative and would be a bit of a laugh I’m sure, or a mixture?

molgrips
    Free Member

How about multi-crew? I’ve got two spare seats in the Annie.

v8ninety

I’m definitely up for that; do you have an SLF now? I know it can be done remotely but let me know where to meet up still so we can retain options 👍🏼

matt_bl
    Free Member

That sounds like a laugh. Let me know where you’re going to be.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

I have an SLF bay in the Anaconda that can take two fighters. I also have lots of turreted weapons for some gunner action. I think it’s in Tsondama but it won’t take long to transfer it.

Although I just realised – I may be exposing myself here – if we go to a CZ and the ship gets killed I’ll have to be the one who rebuys 🙂 . We might have to buy in with a couple of tons of LTD 😀

D0NK

do wings still a 4 person limit? and if you have a conda & 2 PC manned slf fighters, does that take up 3 of a wing or only 1?

been on a break from ED (DOOOOOOOOOOOM), was thinking about coming back soon, new hotas is still stashed in the cupboard, getting used to new keybindings probs not a good idea in a CZ.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I also have lots of turreted weapons for some gunner action.

You’d be Chewbacca in that scenario. He was doing all the flying and nobody cared.
    He had to wait 40 years for a medal.

richmtb

Lack of cross platform support is bloody annoying.

perchypanther
    Free Member

On an unrelated note, all my Arx have disappeared.

My balance ( about 10,000) disappeared on Thursday and I now have a zero balance and error messages.
    Apparently it was XBox Live issues but these were resolved and now I can’t access the livery part of the game at all even if I did have any Arx left to spend it on.

It’s allegedly getting fixed

I was going to buy Norman Lovett with it.

Any other Xboxers having similar issues?

molgrips
    Free Member

I think wings and multi-crew are separate? Do MC members take up wing slots?

You’d be Chewbacca in that scenario. He was doing all the flying and nobody cared.
    He had to wait 40 years for a medal.

Well, there are I think 5 turreted weapons, but two gimballed weapons underneath so there’s still something for the pilot to do. But maybe they should be turrets underneath too for a multi-crew spec so that there’s always coverage? Dunno.

richmtb

On an unrelated note, all my Arx have disappeared.

Yeah mine too, no idea when its going to be fixed.

Logging in is sometimes a bit hit and miss too

crewlie

X-Box Arx and livery are back on my system now and the login seemed to be back to normal, so hopefully that’s all fixed.

tenfoot

Yeah my ARX came back this afternoon (Xbox). Still got kicked out though. It’s very flaky at the moment.

molgrips
    Free Member

Won’t be on til about 8.30 tonight – been working hard and have a bike ride to squeeze in.

Kato

Got to be up at 0300 for work tomorrow so will have to give this a miss tonight gents

dyna-ti

from reading through this thread from the Initial woopee, new game to now it appears most of you have embraced the life of the Space Pirate.

Morals out the window, space exploration is for the other guy, and its a fast dive in guns’a’blazin’ steal yer cargo.

matt_bl
    Free Member

That’s the beauty of Elite, no single way to play it. Even the same player can play it different ways on different days, or a different ship can be a different character.

At the minute I am trying to further the cause of a minor faction, who are present in a few systems and have a couple of stations. Trying to tweak the BGS scratches a nerdy itch, YM(Ly)MV

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

it appears most of you have embraced the life of the Space Pirate

No! I’m the hero of the galaxy, as straight as they come! I don’t even sell my LTDs to the Empire.

Mikkel
    Free Member

and im scared of picking up illegal cargo from the pirates i have blown up!

Just been to visit the triple spot in Borann to load up on cash before it will be gone in next update.
    Now for the fun part, the run to a station with 241 diamonds in the hold.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Well you all seem to be having a rare old time. I’ll play the explorer I thought, and do 100 jumps en-route to the elephant’s trunk nebula. Scan a few tasty planets on the way I thought. What do I get for my trouble? 99.9% Rocks and ice. Not even a single solitary interdiction to spice things up. Now it’s a 50/50 between going back or just ploughing on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.