Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not like I killed anyone FFS.

I’ve just spent an hour queueing at B&Q for a part for my leaky toilet, now queueing at the supermarket to get food. I’m going to need some game time later, who’s on,?

matt_bl
    Free Member

What time are you going to be online? I have some home-made pizzas to finish, but then I am good to go.

You got lucky at B+Q, I went with my daughter to pick a new lampshade (ditching disney) only to be told that children weren’t allowed!

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Toilet fixed, will be on and off this evening I think. Find me online. Did I friend you Matt?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Not sure I’m Matt_BLJH in the game.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Was spreadsheet_wanker taken? 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

Surprisingly yes!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol!

Just been reading about the game – there’s the fleet carrier update due soon but I didn’t realise this was only filler, and there’s an actual paid for expansion coming early 2021 along the lines of Horizons. Seems likely that it’ll include space legs and base building.

molgrips
    Free Member

Friend request sent.

v8ninety

actual paid for expansion coming early 2021

I know! I’m trying not to get all excited about this just in case it disappoints, but they’ve been working on it for years, and apparently the reason there’s no community goals or active Galnet is because all the devs have been allocated to working on the big update. Fleet Carriers is just a small change in comparison (which I’m not overly excited about, it’s aimed at people with a lot more time to game than I have). I am looking forward to FCs being introduced and settling in though, because Frontier have said that they will then start releasing info and teasers about the ‘New Era’ update.

Talking of ‘time to game’ I’m afraid I can’t join you tonight as I’m on nights 😫. Next time hopefully; o7 CMDRs!

Mikkel
    Free Member

how do you send friend request, is it from the main menu before you enter game?
    Currently in space and dont want to exit.

molgrips
    Free Member

You just press PS button and do it from there. It doesn’t matter if you are in space in the game – unless you are being shot at or flying into the sun, it’ll be fine. JKust like switchign to another window on a PC.

It works with PS network friends not specific Elite friends.

Ps I’m at a low intensity RES at Natis 2 looking for a fight.

Mikkel
    Free Member

ohhhh i play on PC…

molgrips
    Free Member

Then you can’t play with the PS4 lot and we can’t play with you 🙁

Mikkel
    Free Member

That explains why nothing happened with my request to join the squadron i guess.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Mikkel, I’m on PC, currently bumming about the Deciat system gathering dross for Felicity.

Turns out shooting through the mailbox in the Cobra is really easy, I did it at around 230 earlier, glad I never boosted or I think I’d have hit the back wall. I’ll bear that in mind.

Think I’m going to go ahead on the Brave Sir Robin loadout, got interdicted twice by an NPC and they landed maybe 2 shots. Unfortunately the police wrecked him before I could play any more.

I take it mods started with one engineer will carry to another? Ie I get G3 thrusters at Felicity and someone else can take them to G5?

Mikkel
    Free Member

currently in Ceos-Sothis doing some missions to get the last 0.15% needed to get promoted to Rear Admiral.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yes, the mods are the same whoever does them. Means you only go to colonia if you want to!

Matt

Mikkel
    Free Member

but can you unlock to level 3 with one engineer and then start from 3 at another one? i thought you had to start from 1 and unlock from there again if you go to a different engineer.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yes, but you would have to have the level four access with the second engineer!

Matt

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah that’s fine, I’m level 5 with Felicity regardless, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t wasting my time on a level 3 engine tune before I can get to someone who can kick it up to 5.

Mikkel
    Free Member

finally
    Its mine

HighResScreenShot_2020-05-24_00-02-36

v8ninety

NOICE! like a big maroon personal issue star destroyer 😎

Ouch; that jump range 😳

Mikkel
    Free Member

That picture is completely stock, got it up to just under 20 now, and still one level of engineering on the FSD to go, but also no weapons fitted yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fun evening in CZs last night with Matt. I lost 1% hull all evening, but I ran out of ammo completely!

I think when fighting in a wing you see a small white circle which is your wingman’s target..?

matt_bl
    Free Member

That’s a nice Corvette, smart paintjob, tactical crimson?

As molgrips said combat in the CZ is definitely more fun when you have friends on your side! There were a few times when I was pleased to see a Krait zoom in to help with a difficult enemy. I had to synthesise ammo three times, twice for the MCs and once for the rails.

I think I picked up around 400K in combat bonds (my first ever) and around 10% to my combat rank.

Matt

Mikkel
    Free Member

yea i think its the crimson paintjob.
    Just had it out for a quick zoom, will be good for salvaging material.
    I melted a couple of kraits then had all my beams do NOTHING at all to a Vulture in quite a long time of constant on target firing, very odd lol

v8ninety

Fun evening in CZs last night with Matt.

As molgrips said combat in the CZ is definitely more fun when you have friends on your side! There were a few times when I was pleased to see a Krait zoom in to help with a difficult enemy

Now that’s what I’m talking about! 😎👍🏼 Jealous that I missed it. Hopefully there’ll be someone about on Wednesday or Thursday when I can get a evening sesh in 👍🏼

matt_bl
    Free Member

That confused me, until I realised you meant ‘creating materials to salvage’!

Vulture’s are interesting. NPCs are often strongly sheilded but with wafer thin hulls. The human builds seem to tend towards strong hulls, with a fast recharge using bi-weaves.

V8ninety, if you let me know what time, I will probably be available on one of those days.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

I had to synthesise ammo three times

Dammit I should have done this.

Been engineering this afternoon, Krait now has G5 mods on both MCs and corrosive ammo. Now I just need to get the lasers upgraded – have to find an engineer that does them and I’m not going all the way to Colonia.

I melted a couple of kraits then had all my beams do NOTHING at all to a Vulture in quite a long time of constant on target firing, very odd lol

Beam lasers are high thermal damage and low kinetic damage. So they are brilliant on shields but not on hulls. I have two fire groups set up on the Krait – one for shield stripping which is a beam and a burst, and another for hulls which is burst and MC.

I’ll be up for a wing on Weds or Thurs. Ping me on PSN I have the message app on my phone (I recommend this to anyone looking to contact or be contacted re games!)

Mikkel
    Free Member

so far this corvette is a massive letdown.
    I cant get through the shields of anything now.
    Just been up against an Alliance Challenger and he was melting my shield why i took ages to get through his, and when his shield was down i did hardly any damage with my dual Huge multicanons.
    this is a ship that i can normally rip through i no time with my Mamba.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s your loadout and fire group settings?

Mikkel
    Free Member

2 Huge Multi canons gimballed. 2 medium beam lasers + 2 small beams turreted and just swapped the Large MC for a Large gimballed beam, so will see if that helps.

molgrips
    Free Member

Too many beams. They do little damage to hulls, they strip shields.

Have 2 medium beams gimballed, bind these to the same button. Then two(?) large MCs gimballed and two huge burst lasers on another button. Fire the beams to strip shields and once you hear the ‘target shields down’ message switch to the beams and MCs.

You can use fire 1 for the beams and fire 2 for the others, however I prefer to keep chaff on fire 2 so I have the different combinations set to fire 1 in different fire groups.

I’ve only got large and medium MCs on the Krait and it killed a chieftain last night although that took a while. But the shields melt under my beams which are only 1 small and 1 medium.

Mikkel
    Free Member

this is pointless 2 huge multi canons and i cant do damage, there is no point in this ship what so ever. as it seems you only get NPCs with massively engineered shields and hull tanks.
    Emptied 2 clips from 2 huge MC into this sitting still Chieftain with no shields and he lost something like 2% hull.
    Will have to try get it engineered and see what happens then but as it is with no engineered i deals less damage than any ships i have tried so far lol

matt_bl
    Free Member

Tell me it’s ace, stop this messing around and tell me it’s ace!

The Alliance ships can be tanky, Molgrips and I were blasting this one last night with power gone (it was war don’t think badly of us! plus mats). I was using twin rails and only taking 5% a pop.

Frags will give higher total damage and cannons penetrate better, but a huge PA might be a sweet spot.

Matt

Mikkel
    Free Member

think it is good, beginning to think its just me doing something wrong.
    I just killed a cobra huray lol took a while as he kept running away.

But it is damn cool when you can fire a load of beam lasers non stop and not run out of power, only having to stop if you get to hot.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Get thermal vent as a mod on one. No more heat worries.

Matt

Mikkel
    Free Member

just took out a Corvette in a big conflict zone brawl to then find the others on my side had all died and i was alone with 5 ships, had to run so did not even get to see what salvage it might have dropped.

And it seems as long as i dont use my MC at same time as the beams i can fire them for ages without getting heat problem, this ship will be cool when i get the hang out things.

molgrips
    Free Member

It does seem to take a while to kill ships in general. I have a medium and large MC on the Krait, both overcharged G4 and corrosive mod, and some ships still seem to take an age to dispatch. But sometimes not.

Although in a RES I found a Deadly guy in a Sidewinder – that didn’t take long *at all* heheh 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m having the same dilemma with my Chieftain, I would like to use something different than the lasers, MC stock build, but the other choices seem underwhelming. Frags and cannons may be good, but they don’t seem to do anything!

@Molgrips
    you were asking about who won the war from the other night…..the side we fought on Li Chotep (Federation).

Matt

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.