Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)
  • Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Elf – di / do you use the “yes sir no sir three bags full sir approach?” or do you / did yuo display a little bit of ” why you hassling me, i pay your wages , go and catch a real criminal”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

glitchy bumpy thingy

thegreatape
    Free Member

TJ stop breaking the internet

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sorry sir
    *tugs forelock*

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m not falling for that again.

crankboy
    Free Member

“It would appear we have two police forces – the Met and the rest ” I made it 57 police forces but it was not a scientific count.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Crankboy – the point I was triyingto make is thata lot of the worst of the issues seem to be in London / the met. ~So why does say Greater manchester have less them and us than London?

Northwind

deviant – Member

….there seems to be a section of society who are very much law abiding but take offence at being pulled over by the Police for the usual drink driving checks etc….the Police arent mind readers and dont know if you have committed an offence until they speak to you, the way some people moan you’d think they expected a formal written apology for passing a breath test.

Probably fair. But, in my case I had no objection to being stopped- I just objected to the coppers being disappointed that I hadn’t been drinking, and not being satisfied with their own hardware telling them so.

crankboy
    Free Member

TJ publicity is part of it if it happens in London it’s news and gets carried if it happens out of London less so. People still recall Blair Peach but Christopher Alder? The Alder case made the news but then went away.

Also the met have a more complex policing task.

Also they appear to have a greater disconnect with the public they serve which appears to be the Greatape’s point.

the police are by role isolated and form a club they tend to live either out of their area or in ghettos. (massive explanation and justification deleted) This isolation is i believe more exaggerated in London.

Plus in London everyone appears to be rude and believe they won’t be held to account so there will be a feedback loop exaggerating hostility.

this is poorly argued i know but I’m hurrying to go home.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Also they appear to have a greater disconnect with the public they serve which appears to be the Greatape’s point.

Thats my point – but why? learn the lessons from other areas

the police are by role isolated and form a club they tend to live either out of their area or in ghettos.

Indeed – apart of the issue

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

thegreatape, can you post a few more pics like that please, to get this tedious thread stopped. I would, but don’t want to get banned over Christmas, any other time of year would be fine, but the last time the whole website disappeared at Christmas, I was a tad lost (sad, I know). I’d be very grateful if someone would then report thegreatape and this thread.
    I’ve always aspired to a 5 page+ thread, but this is really not what I had in mind, please make it stop.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You are clearly vehemently opposed to the police and start from a viewpoint that we must all be violent, racist, homophobic, killers as you’re nicely balanced and wide-ranging examples above demonstrate.

Where did I say the police are all ‘violent, racist, homophobic, killers’? Hmm? Please, feel free to point that out to me cos I’ve missed it…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Elf – did / do you use the “yes sir no sir three bags full sir approach?” or do you / did you display a little bit of ” why you hassling me, i pay your wages , go and catch a real criminal”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As long as they’re courteous and polite, then I’ve got time for them. If, as has sadly happened far too often, their opening comments are rude and aggressive, they’ll get little change from me. I just say to them ‘have some respect when talking to me please, politeness and manners cost nothing’. 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPnPI8mJGM&feature=related[/video]

Now on yer way yer black bastard

😆

aracer
    Free Member

If I were to say I’d dealt with an IT professional who was surly, rude, unhelpful and smelled slightly of gorgonzola so I am certain everyone who works with computers is a TW@.

That’s probably a far more accurate stereotype than all policemen are vicious bullies 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

That an answer to me elf – not trying to trip you up – genuinely interested. the “yes sir” approach has always worked for me. Including being chased by a cop in a car for 3 miles – I was on a motorbike in a hurry in traffic and didn’t even know he was chasing me full blues and twos 🙂 Got away with that one

chapps
    Free Member

I got stopped years back driving a van late at night.
    I spotted the police car behind me so kept an eye on my speed making sure not to give them an inch as I sailed through town in a 30mph zone.

I then went into a national speed limit zone so upped my speed but still kept at the legal limit. The police car went out of view i.e pulled off only to re appear minutes later all over my bumper with head lights on full tilt trying to get me to speed up to over the limit. They finally stuck on the blue lights, pulled me over and questioned me what speed I was doing.
    I knew full well what speed I was doing at all times because of them insighting a reaction. So stated I was doing 30 in the 30 so why did they pull me?
    “Well thats a sign of a drunk driver” i.e keeping to the speed limit!

Knob head reaction… How can you win with that?
    He was dying to nick me and tried everything to get me to speed up to do so.

I have a few mates in the force.
    But like any job there are people that shouldnt be front of house, plainly abusing power to innocent folk.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Your motorbike not have mirrors TJ or did you stay in one lane. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Down the centre of a busy road – nose to tail trafffic each way =he was so far behind I couldn’t see him stuck in the jam

mortuk2k
    Free Member

Hmm for the record I have no objection to being stopped, quite happy to assist in getting the enquiry over with quickly so we can both get on.
    My only point was no matter what I have done to behave in this way in the past it is quite often met with bizarre aggression.

@Nonsense: You seem to be complaining about mass generalisation of the Police, and then you issue several paragraphs of your very own generalisations which come across as mildly arrogant. That’s close to the kind of attitude I’m getting at.

I’ve no doubt many/most people encountered do not deserve respect or courtesy, and I’m not demanding it either if I’m honest, I’m just noting the curious absence of it. It’s just about professionalism isn’t it? Or am I being a tad old fashioned?
    I’d get short shrift from my employer if I acted with such disregard for common courtesy and respect for random members of the public.

nonk
    Free Member

Tj can i refer you to your ever tedious contributions to threads such as this:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/do-you-flash-other-drivers-when-you-see-a-speed-camera-van/page/8

and i dunno pick another maybe this:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reducing-casualties-on-the-road

and then with a one of these 🙂 you post this:

Including being chased by a cop in a car for 3 miles – I was on a motorbike in a hurry in traffic and didn’t even know he was chasing me full blues and twos Got away with that one

honestly man you are becoming a proper fool 🙄

nonk
    Free Member

glitchety bumpety thingy 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but you’re concerning yourself quite a lot with someone who you consider to be a ‘fool’, so what does that make you?

nonk
    Free Member

have you just jumped out of his pocket?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes. I was quite cosy and warm actually, as it’s velvet-lined.

nonk
    Free Member

thought as much do you get a pat on the head when you hiss at someone that shows him up to be full of s**t?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What on earth do you mean Nonk? I do not understand your point?

nonk
    Free Member

handy that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Waht point are you trying to make Nonk?

I think that motoring law needs to be far more robustly enforced and policed. If I break it I will accept whatever comes my way if caught. I do not try to pretend I never break it or have never.

Speaking politely to cops on that occasion meant I did not get prosecuted.

nonk
    Free Member

being chased for three miles ?
    maybe start by handing in your licence then chap sounds like you are a danger to us all.

nonk
    Free Member

i did think you might just let this one go.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve not read the whole of this thread but I’ve read most/bits. and I do think it should be published right now and posted in everyones door.EVERYONE.

Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers’ is closed to new replies.