Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers

Home Forum Chat Forum Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)
  • Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers
  • B.A.Nana

Didn’t like his attitude, seemed to me he was trying to goad me into a spat or confrontation or something. I’d pulled over, got out of the car and gave a cheery “what’s the problem?”, he says “what’s your problem?” type of stuff and comes on all aggressive about my driving “for starters!” in his words. Then he calms down when he realises I’m not biting and it seems he just wants to breathalyse me, which was zero!. All the guff about my driving is just an excuse. This guy was maybe in his forties, but showed no respect, tact or diplomacy. Fair enough when you’re fighting pitch battles with rioters, but stopping someone for the most tenuous of reasons and then trying to create a situation?.

Junkyard

like any job you get nobbers dont lt it affect you too much

martinxyz

Move north. They arent stressed and full of it up here. Never seen a northern constabulary cop acting like they do down south on these police,camera,action tv shows. They are just asking for it the way they speak to folk.

I_Ache

Same sort of thing happened to me a few years back except with me it was at a Xmas checkpoint. The coppper asked me when I had had a drink I said a few days ago he wasn’t having any of it and started to get aggressive. He then breathalysed me I was blowing on the thing with him shouting in my ear as loud as he could ‘blow harder’. I had to do this three times as he just didn’t beleve that i got a zero every time. He was an utter **** about the whole thing no thanks or apologies just told me to get out of his sight. I decided it wasn’t really worth complaining to his boss about it.

Knob end.

deluded

What’s STW’s obsession with the police all about? No other topic, apart from religion or headsets seems to court such wide ranging and often very ill-informed views.

I consider it a very odd phenomenon on this forum. Half the stories are a load of made up shit3.

Kevevs

if it’s a general pull-over and a request, you don’t have to do or say anything. Stand there and say nothing. Request being the word. If they insist ‘require” it then you’ve done something to perk their interest.

I_Ache

Deluded, I have no problem with the police as a whole and generally respect what they do. I can understand they don’t have the resources to do the job as well as they want to do.

However there is no need to treat someone like a w@nker before even proving that they have done anything wrong. If I had been treated well and the (somehow) failed then I would understand and accept being spoken to like that. But as it was I was nothing but courteous towards him.

What is made up about that?

deluded

Nobody ever has to say anything – a magic wand doesn’t get waved that compels you to speak! A requirement means exactly that – you are required by law to submit to a breath test otherwise your inaction will render you liable to arrest.

Kevevs

a requirement and a request are different things eh!

Elfinsafety

Best thing to do with Little Hitlers like that, is be extraspeshly nice to them, cringemakingly polite, tell them what an amazing job they’re doing, how wonderful they look in their lovely uniform, etc. 🙂

If you’ve done nowt wrong, there’s nowt they can do to you. The more you show them you’re not bothered by their pathetic macho posturing, the more impotent they actually feel.

It’s all about not behaving as they expect you too; take the power away from them in that respect. They’re left wondering what to do next, and can’t think straight cos they’re so wound up. You win, they lose. You come away laughing, your own ego intact.

Little wave and blow them a kiss as they storm off in a huff. Icing on the cake. 😉

deluded

To Kevevs. Not in law – although I appreciate there’s a way of saying it.

deadlydarcy

Tbh, if all the bizzies were like deluded, I’d feel a lot more strongly about it. I borrowed a couple of bits and pieces off him, and straight away, he wanted kid glove treatment – like I was one of the guys who pays him off regularly for ignoring a few hundred kilo of charlie in the fuel tank of a Honda coming in at Avonmouth. I ended up having to give him cider, brandy, cigars, Sainsburys vouchers, a go in my car (which he then went and copied with his purchase), £50 behind the bar in his local (this is still ongoing FFS) every weekend, a carpet cleaner and a sit-on lawnmower.

I mean. Come on! FFS. Bizzies…what can you do with ’em?!?

I_Ache

So (in 100% of my experience) why is the default action in this situation to act like a jerk?

Junkyard

deluded most folk dont ever deal with plod – I have in work times so see them as more human if you are only stopped every few years and the person is a nob then it clouds your view of all plod.

I think sometimes the coppers forget that not every person they deal with is a criminal lying to them and that they need to talk to some of us with respect.
    It is a minority but I bet most people have experienced it at some point. perhaps traffic cops are the worst as that is where most of us interact with them.
    I dont think it is as simple as lots of folk hating coppers [ some clearly do] but i would assume a fairly high numbr have had poor [ disrespectful ] treatment from coppers.
    i am sure it is nothing like the near constant disrespect coppers have faced from us though.

deluded

Quelle surprise! Fred comes along with a very immoderate veiw on proceedings concerning the police!

Kevevs

deluded. I’ll check on that. It’s what I’ve been told by a serious ex cheif type that knows about these things. You cannot force a random breathalyser check. you can only request it with some reason.

deluded – Member
    What’s STW’s obsession with the police all about? No other topic, apart from religion or headsets seems to court such wide ranging and often very ill-informed views.

I consider it a very odd phenomenon on this forum. Half the stories are a load of made up shit3.

Deluded – sadly the general perception of the police has gone down the tubes over the last 10 years or so. Gradually but noticably. Even among old folk on my street – general whinging about getting them off their asses. Ineffective. Lazy. And on the other hand shoot to kill, beating folk up, bribery, backhanders, journalists, ….

Every experience and story whittles away.

There are of course bright stars etc.

Elfinsafety

Fred comes along with a very immoderate veiw on proceedings concerning the police!

No, concerning people who think a uniform and a badge gives them the right to treat others with a lack of respect. That’s all. Why do you seem to assume otherwise?

Nice polite friendly coppers are fine with me. No problem with them at all. 🙂

deadlydarcy

bribery, backhanders, journalists, ….

You can say that again! 🙂

There are of course bright stars etc.

Not that I’ve ever seen in Avon and Somerset. 😐

B.A.Nana

The only other time it’s happened to me was on a late night drive thru Scotland. Road block, very nice, “would you like to give a breath sample, sir?”. I suppose they would have insisted, but were feigning tactfulness. Considering my passenger was rolling about pished, with a pile of Fosters cans in the foot well, I went for the easy option.
    This was a completely different situation, the guy was immediately aggressive and was looking for some reaction.

deluded

In a minute I’m gonna have to post my fav Banksy picture.

geologist

As a law abiding citizen , I hate the police!

I have had several bad experiences with them.

1. Whilst in the RAF in scotland, I was driving back from the chippy, when I was flashed and so I pulled over. Copper gets out and says “what have I stopped you for?” Me ” Dont know are my brake lights out?” Copper says ” how bout driving without a seatbelt!” Me ” I have had my seatbelt on since before I started my engine” as I point to seatbelt strapped on. Copper says ” well me and my mate both saw you driive off without a seatbelt on”!!!!

Well I did have my belt on from when i drive off, I dont have a deathwish, it just goes to show how corrupt (or f***ing stupid our coppers are). It was a 30 quid fixed penalty with no points, so not worth contesting, as being an innocent guy, I would have lost.

I have a couple more bad experiences with them, that lead me to believe they are a bunch of stupid thick useless ****wits.

Rant over.

Elfinsafety

Ooh! Tasty… 😀

(Opens nuther can of beer…)

deadlydarcy

In a minute I’m gonna have to post my fav Banksy picture.

You’ve probably got it hanging up on your living room wall in the mansion in Nailsea – bought with the proceeds of years of backhanders. Do the constabulary ever check the size of the houses you guys live in? Heated wing mirrors? Jeezus, I bet this place has heated toilet seats – along with a souped up Audi on the driveway. It’s bloody disgusting.

I_Ache

I have to say I agree with elf, although not to the extent of saying how nice they look. The best way to deal with an arsey twit is to be nice.

In every other situation (and there have been a few) I have had to deal with the police they have been brilliant very professional and friendly.

geologist

Blimey, engish police I am sorry, I am on my second botttle of wine 🙂

deadlydarcy

they have been brilliant very professional and friendly.

Try borrowing a couple of bike carriers off ’em. Flipping third degree. “I’ll be expecting something nice in return for this sir. I have just passed your registration on to my mates at the traffic HQ, etc etc.”/ Jeez, talk about victimisation.

deluded

DD – from now on consider yourself persona non grata 😀

And I wish I could chop that Audi in and get my Lexus back.

Kevevs

can’t be bothered. but get yer cop stuff right deluded, it’s important.

falkirk-mark

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8129373/Drivers-to-face-random-drink-and-drug-tests-under-new-powers.html

Technically they cannot just stop you and insist you take a breath test but could easily find another reason to stop you then give you a breath test (thought they smelled drink)

falkirk-mark

double post

B.A.Nana

Elfin is right (I hate to admit it), I was shocked that he came on all aggressive immediately, rather than the opposite, ie diplomatic approach and then see what transpires. Especially when dealing with just a general public type like me, on a very tenuous possibility that i might have been drunk.

deadlydarcy

And I wish I could chop that Audi back in and get my Lexus back

Oh, I’m sure somebody could sort you out a nice little Lexus deluded…and a runaround for the missus. You know where you need to look. 🙂

geologist

Basically. alot of the police are the older set of the playstaion generation, they think computer games, and movies, are real life. I work closely with the security services, and its v funny how you get good cop bad cop, with a pair of junior coppers who are 23 yrs old each. When they have never left the town they grew up in, and have no life experience.

deluded

Basically. alot of the police are the older set of the playstaion generation, they think computer games, and movies, are real life. I work closely with the security services, and its v funny how you get good cop bad cop, with a pair of junior coppers who are 23 yrs old each. When they have never left the town they grew up in, and have no life experience.

And on that pearl I’m off to bed. Night all.

Elfinsafety

Ultimately, you should expect to be treated with respect, regardless of who speaks to you, copper or not.

You don’t walk into shops going ‘Oi you! Give me that thing over there, now!’ do you? So, why should you expect a copper to talk to you in such a rude manner?

Dirty Babylon…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOjZKDoo08[/video]

RIP Smiley. 😥

geologist

Unfortunatley deluded, it is my experience with them, that has formed me to have such an opinion.

ernie_lynch

showed no respect, tact or diplomacy

Don’t be so precious. You got stopped, breathalysed, and passed, sounds like a result to me. At this time of year the old bill are busier than normal breathalysing people, so don’t expect too much in the way of pleasantries. I’ve been stopped and breathalysed for spurious reasons, can’t say I remember being upset about it. I’m just glad I’m not black and regularly stopped for being, well, black.

As a law abiding citizen , I hate the police!

You are a law abiding citizen but claim to hate the police because you once got incorrectly accused of not having your seatbelt on ? FFS

B.A.Nana

I guess Junkyard is ultimately right, I just encountered the wrong person tonight. Next time it might be a whole different experience.

Kevevs

deluded goes to try figure out the law and what he can and can not do (assuming he’s a copper)… LOL at Ernies spite about something. Strangely Banksy is wanted by the cops mostly for fulfilling middle class dreams. hey ho.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘Just got breathalysed by the Rozzers’ is closed to new replies.