Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Just got back from a ride & u won’t believe what happened next
  • rOcKeTdOg

Absolutely nothing, no long cleaning session to save the components & to clear filth from the frame. I didn’t even blow the dust off….DUST people, DUST!

🤣🤣

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it won’t last, normal service will resumed shortly as I’m on holiday next week and off to the Lakes with the misses and the bikes! 🤣

jca

You got a new job as STW headline writer?

Bez

Absolutely nothing, no long cleaning session to save the components & to clear filth from the frame.

A bit like singlespeeding in the middle of winter, then 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You got a new job as STW headline writer?

This quote needs more C-list celebs on warm beaches wearing very little.

andy4d

Yep same here. 22km around the local trail centre and only a few splashes. When I got home the wife questioned if I had be cycling at all or was it a cunning front to some other unscrupulous activity as i was out of puff and sweaty yet clean bike 🤣.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

I love getting a dust sock line in summer rather than a mud sock line! Looking forward to the dry trails this weekend 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Dust dust sweet wonderful dust, sunburn, midge bites, beer garden till dusk, glorious isn’t it mmmhh.

rOcKeTdOg

Combing insects out of one’s beard after riding is the only negative I can find.

ThePinkster

Combing insects out of one’s beard after riding is the only negative I can find.

Oh I save them for later, a bit of extra post ride protein works wonders 🙂

fossy

Oooh, off out after work to find this mythical dust. Will be the first time this year I’ve not been using Winter boots due to the slop.

Planned in advance, tomorrow booked off as well for some Derbyshire miles, then more on Saturday when the missus is out and that ‘wedding’ is on the telly.

takisawa2

Assuming you were riding the fatty, this post is useless without claims of scalping roadies.

joemmo
    Free Member

Did you use one neat trick that cleaning product companies don’t want you to know about?

fossy

Its dry on rhe trails. Well I never. 16 mile blast done.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

It must be a dust pandemic sweeping the nation as I’ve just had a similar experience in the Peak District. I pretty sure my bike is now cleaner than when I set off. I is confused by the unusual turn of events

hardtailonly

It’s horrible, I hate it. No grip, skidding all over the place.

LittleNose
    Free Member

ace stuff that unicorn dust

rOcKeTdOg

It’s horrible, I hate it. No grip, skidding all over the place

🤔😂

big_scot_nanny

Its been 5 weeks of summer tires and sunburn here, until last weekend. Now it’s been raining solid for 6 days, heavy thunder and lightning, and the Bud/Lou and mudguard combo are back on.

The horror.

The horror.

dudeofdoom

Hmm i find i’m having to fish little flies out my eyes(thats  with riding glasse)

medoramas
    Free Member

FFS… I trusted you, guys… But you didn’t say that this massive muddy puddle just after a sharp blind corner after the rocky downhill bit in the woods that I hadn’t ridden for a while (due to that bloody puddle…) is still there nice and strong!

2 seconds and the bike looks like after a proper winter ride…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yup its ace – not seen any mud for a couple of weeks. Washed the last of the spring mud off my bike this week and swapped to surt lube so I’ve probably broken the weather!

Had two dry rides in the peaks too; lovely one last night despite smashing my knuckles on a tree.

andy4d

Well that didn’t last long, normal service has resumed today……..how long until I see these dusty trails again?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Just got back from a ride & u won’t believe what happened next’ is closed to new replies.