Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Just got a PS4 now what?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi all, I received a PS4 as a gift . It’s my first I have owned since a SNES, although I did play a fair bit of PS2 at Uni.

Anyhow, what games are good (2 player ideally) what should i wait for, Whats this internet subscription thing, can I play online and so on… i have seen ther eis a subscription charge?

Thanks!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

just got one too, stepped up from a 360. played fifa14 and COD Ghosts becasue they came with it but was not impressed. couldnt see too much difference from the 360 versions. then i bought myself Watchdogs! wowzers. you can really see the potential with that. looking forward to the next gen offerings of fifa and COD advanced Warfare, unchartered 4, Arkham Knight, No Man’s Sky .. they are all inthe future tho. out now, Second Son is supposed to be pretty awesome?

online is similar to xbox live, costs about £3 or £4 a month. ive signed up but hardly used it yet…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi i read a little bit saying that most of the games now are ‘remasterings’ of current PS3 games.

So say, for example I get fifa 2015 in a month or so. To play online i pay for the online service to play other people?

I have also seen you can download free games if you are a member of online services is that right?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

most games are re-masterings. the ones i listed before are the ones that are/will be next gen specific.

yeah much like xbox arcade, there are free games, demos etc or their are paid arcade games too. one of the best was Limbo which i beleive id to be sequelled soon. you can also buy full games and DL them to your hard drive rather than buying the disc from a shop, but you’ll soon use up your GBs dooing that.

you pay for the subscription to play online against other people yes. you probably get a month free trial. you dont need to be a paid subscriber to use the online facility thing, just pay for certain services.

LMT
    Free Member

The next gen is currently in a blimp as in nothing is really coming through, its like it caught the developers out. Games which may be of interest, Infamous Second Son is pretty good, Wolfenstien if you just want to blast everything, Resogun which was free with ps plus.

Games coming Destiny looks immense, then yesterday at Gamescom they announced lots of new stuff tearaway looks insane! the bad news is the new Lara Croft game is going to be Xb1 exclusive.

back2basics
    Free Member

that playstation Now when it gets over here looks interesting, online gaming with entire ps3/2 catalogue too – of course who knows what the subscription rates might be….

i do wonder if/when we’ll just need a controller and the movement signals get sent up the webby to a big gaming server and the HD images come down the webby to your tv and we wont need any kind of console at all….or buy physical games?

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I downloaded “The Last Of Us-Remastered” the other day based on it having the best reviews of any game out on the PS4 so far. Haven’t played it yet but…

CoD Ghosts is good, if you like getting shot really quickly by teenagers with quick reactions.

Watchdogs didn’t hold my interest for long.

Trials bike thingy (can’t remember the real name) is addictive if a little repetitive,

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is it backwards compatible for PS2 games? If so then Downhill Domination is of course the finest PS game.

I generally don’t favour combat games, but really enjoy Sniper Elite V2. Terribly addictive, get to fight Hitler’s war machine, lots of challenging sniper fun, trap setting, skills-honing yet can also jump straight in and get up and running with easy mode. ‘Bullet cam’ is very smart, combined with the frankly bonkers x-ray cam at impact – IME this cinematic contributes to an already massive replay value. Not new by any means, but v good if you like something different that can also be immersive: [video]http://youtu.be/UPHmLCyEsNw[/video]

And GTA V, of course.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m avoiding combat games so my girlfriend doesn’t think it is just some mindless gaming device for slaying thousands of people.

Eventually I will succumb though so thanks for the tips

Playstation now looks really interesting but yes as you say it’s all about the cost

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m avoiding combat games so my girlfriend doesn’t think it is just some mindless gaming device for slaying thousands of people.

Make sure that when she walks in yr seemingly immersed in playing ‘Flower’ or ‘Journey’ 8)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ha that’s the plan

Drac

Few due out next few months that are making use.

Far Cry 4
    GTA V which is a fantastic game but your GF may not agree
    Destiny
    The Crew

Just far starters.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Violence is fine just perhaps not immediately 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

ust got one too, stepped up from a 360. played fifa14 and COD Ghosts becasue they came with it but was not impressed. couldnt see too much difference from the 360 versions. then i bought myself Watchdogs! wowzers. you can really see the potential with that. looking forward to the next gen offerings of fifa and COD advanced Warfare, unchartered 4, Arkham Knight, No Man’s Sky .. they are all inthe future tho. out now, Second Son is supposed to be pretty awesome?
    online is similar to xbox live, costs about £3 or £4 a month. ive signed up but hardly used it yet…
    POSTED 12 HOURS AGO #

Funny thing is, is that they completely basterized watchdogs for the PS4/Xbox One. The modded PC version looks as good as the demo E3 version as long as you turn off depth of field.

Russell96

Wolfenstien is single player but surely wiping out Nazis doesn’t count as a killing game does it.

Watched some of the demo videos of the forthcoming games for the PS4 at Gamescon and there looks to be some really good original games coming along as well as the usual genres.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/gamescom/

samuri
    Free Member

I’m a bit miffed so far to be honest. Watchdogs is alright but nothing special. It’s nothing on GTAV on the xbox 360.
    I’ve played a few downloadable games just to keep myself amused but I’m really waiting for a half decent driving game. Drive Club looks OK.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXeeDTZg6Tk[/video]

And The last of us remastered looks like a worthwhile try.

But overall. I’ve not been given the amazing experience I was promised. I’ve got a macbook and an Audi and those too, have failed to deliver on their scrotum tightening promises.

Thank god the remaining STW staples, wood burners and axes, are still holding up their side of the bargain.

kerbdog
    Free Member

Haven’t played it personally, but i have watched others playing The Last Of Us.
    It looks pretty good graphically and the story is reasonably engaging. A few pretty keen gamers i know have said its the best thing they’ve played in a few years.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

GTA V for the PS4 and PC etc looks awesome. Completely different to the Xbox version.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thank god the remaining STW staples, wood burners and axes, are still holding up their side of the bargain.

You forgot the expensive bike with the new old sized wheel!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m actually really enjoying need for speed rivals . Will wait for the big games to come thought too. GTA V a fifa is a must.

Perhaps a games with where you have to work out how to install your woodburner and keep the flame going is what PS4 needs.

Drac

I can’t decide which driving game to go for, both The Crew and Drive Club look very good.

olly2097
    Free Member

My ps4 has been unplugged for the last two months. The ps3 sees plenty of use.

prettygreenparrot

Enjoy its sleek lines and just wait until the ‘holiday season’ for some PS4-specific games to start showing what it can really do.

Drac

My PS3 hasn’t been used in months. The PS4 sees plenty of use.

AdamW
    Free Member

I’m using both my PS4 (The Last of Us, currently waiting for inFamous: First Light and gagging to get my hands on Destiny as the beta was awesome) and my PS3 (just bought the Ratchett & Clank trilogy for laughs).

loddrik
    Free Member

Alien Isolation is out soon and looks amazing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Quick question, is it a good idea to order games from the playstationn store? Is it cheaper/quicker? Do they send you and actual game or is it a download? Sorry for my complete ignorance

Drac

It’s not no, more expensive and download only.

LMT
    Free Member

PS Store is massively overpriced, best bet is to shop around, I got some pre-orders at Tesco as they had a £5 voucher last month off each pre-order. They need to get the ps store cheaper than the retail price.

Oh and you don’t get a physical copy so you just get the download.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As I suspected… Thanks!

Klunk
    Free Member
    ashweee
    Free Member

If you want an interesting and free game to play go to the psn store and in the demo section download P.T.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

P.T looks dark. Like it!

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUv-bBrb6Y[/video]

AdamW
    Free Member

I see that Sony have started to embed the tech they got for PS Now into the PS4 itself. With the new firmware (v2) you can “share” a game with a friend or get them to take over your controller remotely even if they don’t have the game. Should be fun!

Russell96

Forgot to mention that I’m really enjoying Transistor on the PS4

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni02F7l4lAg[/video]

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Just got a PS4 now what?’ is closed to new replies.