Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just found out a mate has been killed up in the Lake District !!
  • renton
    Free Member

Pretty gutted really.

I have just heard that a good mate and work colleague has been kiled whilst walking yesterday up the lake district.

Apparently he was on stridings edge, helvelyn and had a bad fall.

He was a top lad and always smiled even when there was nothing really to smile about.

Hadn’t seen him for a month or so and the last time I did he was looking forward to getting out of the RAF and starting something new.

Rest Easy Donnie. !!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Striding edge, beautiful and terrifying in equal measures.

Rip

stu170
    Free Member

Used to work with donnie at benson. Heard something about this through facebook. Awful news. Thoughts with his family

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

Stu maybe we know each other too then as Ive just left Benson and was on 28 with him

Such a waste.

piemonster

Not much I can say.

But sympathies to all those concerned. A sad loss.

stu170
    Free Member

Maybe so. I was on 28a flight as an amm between 10 to 12

renton
    Free Member

ah ok I was one of the armourers on there from jan 2011 until two weeks ago so may have passed each other!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

V sorry to hear this. Must have been v unlucky to have such a bad fall at this time of year. RIP

grim168
    Free Member

wow sorry to hear that. was on helvellyn yesterday. conditions weren’t great.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Really sorry. As someone who often wanders hills and crags alone, this feels quite close to home. 🙁

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Was planning Helvellyn tomorrow but fall off the bike yesterday has put paid to that.

Will raise a glass to your mate tonight.

Karinofnine

Oh dear, sorry to hear this. x

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terrible news. Our thoughts are with his family and friends, that means you too @renton. Tough time.

Daffy

My sympathies. I’ve seen a lot of accidents on the Hel and the Edge. It’s a tricky little ridge and catches a lot of people unawares.

ddmonkey

RIP – it never ceases to amaze me how someone can be here one moment and gone the next doing something they love doing.

dannyh
    Free Member

Condolences. Dreadful to hear of things like this. Best wishes to his family and friends.

slackalice
    Free Member

Shocking and devastating for all his family, friends and colleagues. I trust in the good memories and times shared to keep those we miss, with us forever.

jamj1974

Very sorry to hear that you guys have lost a friend. My thoughts are with his family.

stu170
    Free Member

The jengo may find out what happened to his bike now

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just found out a mate has been killed up in the Lake District !!’ is closed to new replies.