• This topic has 55 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by g5604.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Just found a dead body
  • CountZero

I do a lot of walking these days, rather than riding, and it does cross my mind that one day I might come across human remains, either someone who’s died through natural causes, or committed suicide, or possibly been a victim, as there have been cases of people just vanishing, but fortunately it hasn’t happened as yet.
    I’m not sure that it would bother me unduly, I don’t have the mindset, and I have seen and touched a deceased accident victim without it praying on my mind afterwards.
    I would, however, be very, very sad and upset for those close to the unfortunate soul.
    I can understand just how much of a shock this must have been for Ioddrik and his little ones, hope it fades away with time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not good. Make sure you talk to someone about it, your kids too. A neighbour hung herself, fortunately we where away so didn’t have to witness police breaking in to cut her down. Was still very upsetting having seen her just a few days before. Post natal depression and left 4 kids behind 🙁

neilthewheel

Thanks for doing all the right things.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s sad to hear but nothing unusual.

You did the right things, keep the kids occupied and entertained for the foresable. Tend to built up anxieties and keep the family close.

franksinatra

Unfortunately suicide is much more prevalent than most people realise

As a member of local Mountain Rescue Team I’ve spent a fair bit of time searching woods and looking up in the trees.

The is a fair chance someone was missing him and you finding him will have given some form of closure. Small comfort but perhaps something to think about.

mdavids
    Free Member

In the past year, 2 people have been found dead by suicide (hanging) on my local dog walking routes, one of them a heartbreaking case of a bullied teenage girl. Very sad.

On my commute home a few months back, somebody had just thrown themselves off the high level bridge in Newcastle and landed right on the spot where I would have been riding. They were getting CPR as I arrived on the scene but were beyond saving. That one shook me up for few days thinking of the what-ifs.

poolman
    Free Member

Chap last year tried to walk in front of a train next to me. He just stepped out as it approached and i happened to be next to him. I didnt think i just wrapped my arms round him and pulled him back.

Bit shaken up after, tbh the only thing i could think of was the coutney lawes tackle of the french guy when he just wrapped his arms round him in the same way, athough mine was a lot less dramatic.

You dont really have time to think, if he was big he could have taken me with him.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I hope someone claims him and marks his passing.

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that loddrik – for you and yours as well as the dead person…

sharkbait
    Free Member

I had the same experience about 18 years ago near Delamere – found a guy who tied the rope around a tree trunk, put it through the back of the van and and then around his neck…. then drove forwards 🙁

Same police response. Still think about it to this day when we go to that place.

Not good really.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Keep your eye on your kids mate. My mrs always tells me the story of when she was little her and her mates were playing in the woods and a freind of hers ran into a hanging body and it totally messed her up. Think these days there are better support mechanisms about.

globalti
    Free Member

It doesn’t get any easier; we quite often see bodies in the street when on trips to Nigeria; either in bits smashed up by the traffic or well-dressed men and women just lying by the roadside. Nobody will go near them because of the juju and because they fear getting involved. Apart from the shock of realising what you’re seeing, what absolutely wrenches my heart is the thought of the children waiting at home that night for Mum or Dad to come home and probably never finding out what happened to them.

chomp
    Free Member

To echo what has has already been said, these things can come back a while after the fact when you’re least expecting it.

I was first on the scence of a RTA about 20 years ago and didn’t think anything of it really, until about 5 years ago while on a first aid work course there was a picture on the slideshow that brought everything flooding back. I was asked to leave the room by one of the trainers who took me for a cup of tea and a chat after which I felt much better. I hadn’t realised but as that picture was shown I went a shade of green and just stared into the distance for a minute or so before someone pointed it out.

I hadn’t thought about the incident for years, and it didn’t trouble me at all at the time (quite the opposite, I felt really good about being there and able to help in some way, and the driver fully recovered) so even if you feel ok now, talking it over might help (either now or in the future)

loddrik
    Free Member

Looks like he was a little older than first thought. Still tragic.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mans-body-discovered-childwall-woods-12913098

stevextc
    Free Member

It doesn’t get any easier; we quite often see bodies in the street when on trips to Nigeria; either in bits smashed up by the traffic or well-dressed men and women just lying by the roadside. Nobody will go near them because of the juju and because they fear getting involved. Apart from the shock of realising what you’re seeing, what absolutely wrenches my heart is the thought of the children waiting at home that night for Mum or Dad to come home and probably never finding out what happened to them.

Funny but I was going to say almost the same.
    The bit gets me is the sickly sweet smell when they appear to just be left for days….

It is something you kinda get immune to though.

Years ago when I lived in Libya a mate and his wife were going to one of the about 3 resto’s and came across a whole load of immigrants being rounded up and the ones that ran shot in the back..
    He and his wife told me this was what made their decision to leave.. not because they witnessed this but because they then drove back and around and went for the meal

g5604
    Free Member

I ride along undercliff everyday in Brighton – Have seen two people trying to jump and two on the floor.. still have nightmares…

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Just found a dead body’ is closed to new replies.