Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • just fixed my boiler
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

P.S. I know the meaning of “competent person” in context such as these from other work.

nealglover
    Free Member

if you feel that your failure to test for let by, tightness, gas rate or ega the incomplete visual inspection then by all means let you your partner family friends and neighbours take that risk.. would they think it was acceptable..
    otherwise celebrate with the 50 quid you saved .. do it soon you might not have a chance in the near future..

Very well put.

wrecker
    Free Member

Please do. It’s in the definition of terms at the back from memory. It’s quite explicit about what constitutes a competent person, from memory it refers to a person who has been deemed competent by the health and safety executive to undertake work on gas installation or fitting. It also defines ‘work’ too, should that be unclear.

It’s the terminology which is usually…..wooly. Usually something along the lines of ” all persons working on appliances must be competent, competence can be demonstrated by registration with XXXX”
    It’s pretty much ; we’re not saying you need to be registered, but if you’re not and you **** it up; you’re stuffed.
    Not necessarily relevant for gas stuffs though, just an observation about the tiptoeing in some regs RE competence.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘just fixed my boiler’ is closed to new replies.