• This topic has 30 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Just finished sons, what next?
  • grim168
    Free Member

Just finished sons of anarchy and need somtheing for the turbo. Watched sopranos, the wire and blacklist. Couldn’t get into arrow and i dont do zombies etc. So waddya all recomend.
    Thanks, Graham

mrsfry
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/AWZQ8pReHK8[/video]

He’s dreamy

donks
    Free Member

Hannibal was excellent
    The leftovers is great…. Season 3 starts later this year.. I think
    Black sails is also much better than I expected

Then if your on Netflix you could try daredevil and Jessica Jones both set in a superhero universe but don’t really feel to superhero… More dark and pretty disturbing… I loved them both.

If you can stomach syfi then you have to watch firefly…. Again a bit like the two above it never feels to syfi really more low tech but with loads of humour. It’s a classic… Just 14 episodes though.

And lastly… Outlanders…. It’s a period syfi, romance kind of thing set in Scotland in the 1700,s but it really is good…. And has one of the most violent disturbing episodes I think I’ve ever seen on telly. Well worth a watch and series 3 starts soon.

bensales
    Free Member

House
    West Wing

Mugboo

Breaking Bad? The wire is still my favourite though. We’ve got 3 episodes of Sons left to watch, I nearly gave up on season 1, they reminded me of the Black Widows, thankfully it improved!

I like boxsets that have finished.

grim168
    Free Member

Forgot to mention I’d watched breaking bad and better call saul. Anyone who watches sons stick with it cause the first series ain’t the best but it definetly improves. Tried first episode of lilyhammer which has Silvio out of sopranos.

konabunny
    Free Member

The Shield. Oz.

Sons of Anarchy is very uneven. Last episode is worst.episode.ever.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve just finished watching The Man in the High Castle which was all right. But then again, I got stuck at season 6 with sons.

I really like Orphan Black & Marvel Agents of SHIELD…. 😳

I also like Engrenages/Spiral a gritty French cop series. Waaaaay better than sons (and an opportunity to brush up on your, ahem, colloquial french…). There’s also the Returned/Les Revenants a zombie show with a difference (apart from also being French there’s very little flesh eating, etc).

I also liked Trye Detective but not watched season 2 yet, still waiting for the boxset cost to drop below £20…

Oh, **** me, it’s STW. Game of Thrones! Everybody ends up watching it in the end…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, very disappointing end. It’s like they’d completely run out of money

sadexpunk

just packed in watching sons a couple of episodes into the last episode. the OCD in me said see it to the end, but i was just so bored with it, it wasnt worth me wasting hours of my life on it any more. always the same old same old, we need to get out, i promise ill make it happen, just need to tie up this last loose end, oh no something else has happened, and repeat.

in answer to original question….. californication is very funny, also banshee is well worth a watch.

bigdean

I liked arrow, well the tech woman from it. Like the op dont do the z thing but enjoyed Mr Robot on amazon.
    Also really liked daredevil but cant find away to get it without netflicks.

monde
    Free Member

Try
    Gomorrah – Italian Mafia series that was on sky atlantic last year.
    House of Cards
    Show me a hero
    And as mentioned the leftovers is great

SaxonRider

I’m kind of enjoying Jessica Jones.

tenfoot

I went onto Lilyhammer after Sons. Have one more episode until I’ve finished that.

I have started rewatching Battlestar Gallactica. Great entertainment.

I agree with Jessica Jones, it’s well worth a look and Mrs T and I are watching Spooks right from the beginning, as we didn’t watch it when it was on the Beeb.

konabunny
    Free Member

Narcos if you have Netflix

tenfoot

I Should have mentioned Sense8. One of the best programmes I have seen for ages…

(On Netflix)

WillH

The Killing is very good. I’ve seen the US one, people also rave about the original Scandi version.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jessica Jones is very good, along with Daredevil

WillH

Also, Vikings. Gangs of big beardy fellas get into numerous squabbles over territory, women and money. Basically SOA set in 9th century.

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s a few years old but Deadwood is still a standout.

isto
    Free Member

Fargo, House of Cards, True Romance, mr Robot and Peaky Blinders are my recommendations. All awesome.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Boardwalk Empire.

AlexSimon

Fargo
    Sense8

nickgti
    Free Member

Narcos
    Luther
    Breaking Bad

thomthumb
    Free Member

I put hours, days into this series, for this! 🙄

The Shield.

I bought the boxset as i like SoA so much. it’s not dissapointing so far (into series 5).

but it’s spot the SoA cast!

anyone watched gang related? might be my next watch.

freeagent
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll throw a couple of curved balls in.

Chicago fire
    Chicago PD (Spin-off from Chicago fire – if anything it is better than fire)
    The man in the High Castle was OK – must have had a huge budget – was like a Hollywood movie.
    If you have Amazon – try Flesh and Bone – It is about Ballet Dancers in New York, but lots of Drugs, sex, Russian Mafia, etc.
    I’m not loving ‘Vikings’ – having to endure it as my Mrs loves it.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Watch Entourage.

It’s exactly the same thing, just with less violence, and more people you recognise. It also has some comedy going for it.

wrecker
    Free Member

Having done a lot of those mentioned, I’d look at;

Justified
    Narcos
    Banshee

I need to go check out sense8, I enjoyed Orphan black very much (maybe a little corny) and it seems similar.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I actually really liked the ending, and pretty much the whole thing.

rhid

Is entourage on netflix?

I am enjoying Mr Robot at the moment, lost the will to watch SOA and want to watch viking and Black sails.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Somegreat suggestions above, however I’d like to throw ‘Vinyl’ into the mix, providing you 1) have Sky 2) are happy to get into the mix early (there’s only been two episodes so far).

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Just finished sons, what next?’ is closed to new replies.