Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Just driving along…..
  • singletrackmind

I got T boned at 45 – 50mph . I was only doing about 3mph at the time. Interestingly enough it was by a 206 as well . I was in 1995 Rover 218td.
    The passenger door handle nearly touched the center console , my engine pushed up and sideways opening up the bonnet.
    The row of cars behind the lady all confirmed her speed . Although they failed to notice the Transit van that smashed into the back of my car punting me across the road into her path.
    I was fine , just whiplash and muscle damage to my lower legs where the steering column dropped.
    Lady in the 206 ( which caught fire ) broken sternum, ribs , whiplash ,seatbelt injuries adn whiplash.

The police were 1/2 mile away ata petrol station and having a coffee adn heard the BANG. They were expecting alot more injuries , but because I didnt have anyone else in the car we were all lucky.

I drove likea girl for about 1 month afterwards and bought a Saab for abit of extra security.

Keep a diary of anything that is relevant . Pain , nightmares , flashbacks etc . The insurance claim may be along drawn out affair and in a years time you wont remember everything as clearly so writing it down will help to jog your memory.

Its at times like this thst you really appreciate all the great work done by the emergency services who all do a fantastic job when it goes abit wrong

samuri
    Free Member

Glad everyone is OK, that looks nasty

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Just driving along…..’ is closed to new replies.