Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Just broken my wheel. Which new wheel-set. (Superstar or On-One ?)
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Just put a pretty hefty ding in my rear rim, along with the many others it has got. This one doesn’t look fixable. I think my rim is more bend than not. And the front hub is dying so think it might be time for a new wheelset.

Not a massive budget to work with so looking basically as cheap as possible.

What do people think of the Superstar AMX £130

The Superstar AM-490’s £160

Or the On-One Max £150

Any opinions or previous experience would be great!

Cheers!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just got a set of the On-One wheels. Only had one ride on them so far, but seem good. Lightweight for the price, look good and the hubs seem to be good quality too. Cant comment on the others.

zerocool

I’ve been abusing a set of Super Star Switch AM wheels on my DH bike (and he XC as well) for 2 years and they are still true and play free.

Tom kp

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rickos
    Free Member

The on-one wheels are considerably lighter, so unless you’re a chunker or they’re for your freerad bike I’d go with on-one.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I weigh about 11 Stone.

My current rims are DT Swiss 4.2’s and I have destroyed them in a relatively short space of time. But I think they might be Uber lightweight XC rims?

They will be going on a Ragley MmmBop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Just broken my wheel. Which new wheel-set. (Superstar or On-One ?)’ is closed to new replies.