Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just bought an Android phone, couple of questions for the Desire users
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

before I start……how freakin awesome is it?????

ok, i’ve added the Facebook widget but i meant to add a shortcut to the homepage…..how can I remove the widget?

And does anyone know the name of the android app to help you monitor your internet useage?

Any other app suggestions would be appreciated (and are you supposed to call them apps?) 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you hold your finger down on the widget you can then drag it into a “remove” bin that appears at the bottom. Don’t know about internet usage app but I will have a bit of that action. Someone on here will know.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

does anyone know the name of the android app to help you monitor your internet useage?

The one I use is 3G watchdog. I’m sure there are others. Ringdroid is a good app. You can edit mp3’s for ringtones/ text alerts etc.

billybob
    Free Member

lots of desire/android geeks people here.

You want to download the demo of angry birds & replace the stock music player with cubed.

bassspine
    Free Member

I use one called ‘phone usage’ it counts phone time and texts as well as data transfer.

search the forum for app recommendations, there’s too many to remember. The most vital one of all is AppBrainAppMarket.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Angry birds. Even the demo is mega.

beamers

+1 for 3g watchdog.

I use doubletwist as my music player (on the Legend) You can download doubletwist to your PC / Mac and it syncs with iTunes so you can drag music across onto your Desire.

bassspine
    Free Member

here’s a challenge: Is there an app that lets you see the contextual road map as you drive, like the google routes one does when it’s navigating you, but that doesn’t need to be navigating IYSWIM, I really like the view of the road as I drive with the side turnings marked,potentially handy for shortcuts etc…

bassspine
    Free Member

by the way not an attack, it just made me laugh. Especially having spent bl00dy hours trying to find a recent Swype beta version…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The desire isn’t that fantastic its got many bad points too which I am sure you will.find soon enough

bassspine
    Free Member

cheers for that dunc. I’m sure Boba wants to hear that on day 1 😆

I hate the keyboard my fingers are too fat[1]. And the missing search on the address book is annoying….[2]. battery life is feeble[3]. I still think it’s lovely.

[1]that’s what swype is for
    [2]ho hum
    [3]of course being able to fit a new battery helps that, and charging off the car, the lapdog and the mains too

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, found it cheaper than an i-phone, already have an i-pod touch, wanted a contract phone as in the last 4 months i’ve put £100 into my PAYG samsung with none of the t’internet benefits.

I’m sure its not without its faults but so far so good, it’s fandabbydozy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just bought an Android phone, couple of questions for the Desire users’ is closed to new replies.