Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Just bought a new Tamiya RC car and need help !!
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

can i make a warning here… you are on a slippy slope!

i bought my kid a tamiya offroad buggy a couple of years back. did all the research and got the best most powerful motor one for the cash. had a blast building it (xmas day with whisky) and its a scream to drive. way faster than expected. battery time is silly low though, 15mins at full chat.

so my warning is they are fun, but on batteries no, thats why i’m starting to look for a nitro one for him. uh oh, faster, louder… more toys! : )

demonracer

Here’s one of my current builds

ski
    Free Member

Demonracer – that is awesome 😉

A few years back a group of 8 mates all bought a tamiya mad bull each, used to race them all together once a month, great times, but as mentioned above, modifications started to take over and the original fun slowly ebbed away as some of the cars became rocket ships, while others were held together with fibreglass and arildite 😉

Watching eight equally matched cars gunning for the first bend and watching the carnage was a sight to cherish…

Enjoy

demonracer

Cheers Ski, trailer, cage and bumpers are all hand made and the body is heavily modified and started off as one of
    These toy grade RCs.

I know what you mean about racing in an even field, I used to race Tamiya minis at my local club … It was great fun!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ski, what sort of mods did you do to the mad bulls? thats what my kid has got now.

ski
    Free Member

gav, mine was standard, apart from aralditing and bracing the front end up a bit, to help with the steering, did make a fiberglass shell for it though. 😉

But others from our party, put in bigger turn motors, electronic speed controllers, and hop up suspension, very quick off the line.

Once you start with a simple upgrade, be warned, it starts a chain reaction, as every other component then seems to need to be upgraded too 😉

Great fun on dusty BMX tracks where the mad bull were sliding most of the way round 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ Rocketdog …. Thats Franklys track isn’t it ? …. have raced there plenty of times when i raced 1/8th nitros …. even helped lay the track when the club was formed there ….. if you think bikes are expensive to run , you should try these ! ….. uber expensive to run competitively with nitro fuel at £30 plus a gallon !

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a new Tamiya RC car and need help !!’ is closed to new replies.