Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Just booked a week at Invermoriston – any route advice?
  • Gnnr

Going to take Mrs G & G junior (3yrs) to invermoriston for a week at the end of June, found a great looking cottage and have broken the news that the bikes are coming too!

Anyone got ideas for local loops 2-3hrs in length. just enough for me to be out all morning but not suffer the "where the ell have you been… its 5pm…! etc"

Noticed that the Corrieyairack Pass and Laggan are quite close… but I think that may lead to divorce!! Loops would be great. Cheers G

epicyclo

Corrieyairack is a great day out, but go prepared.

I was marooned overnight near the top in a blizzard in June about 40 years ago. Total whiteout. Luckily I had a tent and camping gear. Got sunburnt the next day. Highland weather is variable 🙂

I prefer coming from Laggan for a 1 way ride.

Ticklinjock

Glen Affric to the North – I think there's a trail from Loch Loyne. Could probably make a loop out of it too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    krixmeister

Corrieyarrick is a definite. If you can arrange for your better half to drop you off in Fort Augustus, then pick you up near Brae Roy lodge, it makes for a nice day out for both you and the family (the latter to see the "parallel roads"). Otherwise an up-and-back is still fun.

Another big-ish loop you can do from Invermoriston, but involves a few miles of road riding, is Great Glen Way down to Fort Augustus, across the Wade Road to near Dalchreichart, then A887 back to Invermoriston.

And if you can sneak away for a day, a must do is Wolf Trax down at Laggan – but that's a couple hours drive from Invermoriston.

–K

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Just booked a week at Invermoriston – any route advice?’ is closed to new replies.