Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Just been rumbled by the wife
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

Oh my I am in the pooo again 🙄 but doing a shed load of decorating before my crime was discovered softened the reaction I think

I bought a Cotic Soul and sold my 456 without telling the fun police but today I got caught with the evidence in the shed

I was amazed she could tell the differance between a 456 and a Soul

Perhaps the 456 being dark blue and the Soul being orange might of been a pointer.

Perhaps my SO aint so daft after all

Time to call the forth emergancy service

http://www.scillyflowers.co.uk

grantway
    Free Member

LOL like me you think they know nothing but my wife
    knows every part on my bike.

brakes
    Free Member

this is why all your bikes should be one colour

Konastoner
    Free Member

Just deny it, blame it on the “Paint Fairies”

Drac

I just tell the wife if I’m buying something.

deserter
    Free Member

lol, last time I did this I got the same colour and it was a month before she noticed when I was fettling in the dining room, the conversation went-
    “oh yeah how much did that cost”
    “£50”
    “bull***t”
    next time we went to the bike shop she was looking all over for a yeti 575

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Perhaps the 456 being dark blue and the Soul being orange might of been a pointer.

😆

D’you reckon, yeah? 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Perhaps the 456 being dark blue and the Soul being orange might of been a pointer

Women have 27 different words for pink, dumbass 🙂

trailmonkey

shouldn’t be a problem. souls have a lower wife price than 456s don’t they.

she should be happy that you’ve made a few bob by trading the 456 in.

mogrim

Why did you let your wife into the shed?

nealglover
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    POSTED 50 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s a revolutionary idea, but that’s what I do too.

Seems to keep me out of bother quite well.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d have to agree with this. Seems a bit odd to me all this hiding.

mogrim

Well, yes. But I like a little mystery in my marriage, and it’s more fun this way.

carlos
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    Well, yes. But I like a little mystery in my marriage,

So do I, thats why I let her cook now and again.

Don’t hide anything from her, bike stuff or not. She’s not interested really as long as I keep paying money into the bank to cover bills/living costs

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I could pull any bike in the world out of the shed & as long as it was white she wouldn’t have a clue. 😆

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I bought a Colnago road bike last year without telling the boss, she noticed it after about 3 seconds! They don’t miss much. Tried to say it was £500 off eBay which she believed briefly then somehow found out it was really about 15 times that. She was more bothered that I never told her the truth rather than the money spent.

partyboy
    Free Member

Is the emasculated males anonymous? Time to grow some.

donsimon
    Free Member

Has anyone ever thought that while they’re pulling the wool over their partner’s eyes, their partner is doing the same to them in this loving relationship that’s built on trust?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I waited until the day after my wife had just had a Caesarean, then accidentally went via the bike shop and bought a new cross bike on my way to Tesco with her list of stuff.

njee20
    Free Member

Tried to say it was £500 off eBay which she believed briefly then somehow found out it was really about 15 times that. She was more bothered that I never told her the truth rather than the money spent.

I’d be more pissed off that you spent £7500 on a Colnago. Presumably money’s not really an issue if you’re spending that sort of change, so I really don’t get why you’d lie!

grantway
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    I could pull any bike in the world out of the shed & as long as it was white she wouldn’t have a clue.

But you are in Essex !

globalti
    Free Member

Mrs Gti would encourage me to buy whatever I want that’s bike related, it gives her carte blanche to spend family money on boots and shoes.

NZCol

My missus bought me a Porsche 993 when i was swithering about it ! That to me was someone who was comfortable with me possibly mentioning that I might want a new bike 😉

weeksy

I’ve bought 20 new motorbikes in the past 3.5 years…. my missus has given up caring now 🙂

benslow
    Free Member

I get most of my stuff delivered to work then stealth it home to the shed.

In 5 years its only been visited once and that produced an exclamation to do with the tidiness of the shed compared to the house …

Torminalis
    Free Member

Get rid of the wife.

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab and I tell each other such buys and share a bank account. It seems to work OK.

bigsi
    Free Member

I buy bike stuff & the girlfriend buys shoes & bags.

We have a deal that she doesn’t ask me how much it cost if i don’t ask her how much that new Lulu Guinness bag cost………….how much? You could buy a set of forks for that!!!!!!!!!!

Think were about equal then 🙄

kiwijohn

My wife knows exactly how much my next bike costs, she’s paying for it.

chakaping
    Free Member

You should have left a half-used tin of orange emulsion on the side and just pointed to that when she noticed the colour change.

nbt

I just bought my wife a Turner Flux. Her bike’s worth a lot more than mine

aracer
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand why swapping one bike for another is an issue even if you do have a SO who’s bothered about you acquiring more bikes.

this is why all your bikes should be one colour

This is why I got my 2nd unicycle in black – mrs aracer does have an issue with me getting more stuff without getting rid of old stuff. I also had very obvious bright yellow pedals on the old one which I swapped over – I suspect going from a 20″ to a 26″ wheel might be a bit of a giveaway though. Unicycles are at least easy to hide in a garage which is already full of bikes. Oh, and a complete uni is also cheaper just than the frame on anything you’re talking about (though I realised after I bought a complete one that it would have been just as cheap to build one with the custom bits I wanted 🙁 )

IanMunro
    Free Member

Time to call the forth emergancy service
    http://www.scillyflowers.co.uk

The Germans have a word for this –

Drachenfutter

http://betterthanenglish.com/drachenfutter-german/

😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

MRsBouy has a mighty fine attention to detail eye like you wouldn’t believe. I bought a scarf and a matching black flat cap (to wear backwards BTW) the other day and she pulled me up on it saying “that cap has an interesting detail on it, not like your other ones” I didn’t even notice the detail.. So things like this I learned early on, don’t ever hide anything.

Honesty is most definetly the best policy, never hide, be open and honest, if shes doesn’t like it, tough.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a follow on thread to the one that got deleted Saturday morning. It had potential to be epic but I guess it was sailing pretty close to the wind

hora
    Free Member

I say ‘I’m just popping out love’

– Where are you going

‘Out’ wont be long.

Now she either thinks I have a mistress, going kerbcrawling or

Buying something from a bloke in a carpark again….

:mrgreen:

DezB
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a follow on thread to the one that got deleted Saturday morning

Ah, that thread which took place while we were OUT RIDING? How gutted to have missed that 😐

When I replaced my blue Merlin cheapie for a blue Cove Handjob, it slipped silently under the radar… or so I’m led to believe…

flip
    Free Member

Is the emasculated males anonymous? Time to grow some.

+1

MTFU

If she dumps you over a bike purchase she ain’t worth having…so move on.

emsz
    Free Member

It’s easier to apologise after than ask permission, right?

I’ve got no spare cash any way 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

If she dumps you over a bike purchase she ain’t worth having…so move on.

Dumped/not dumped aren’t the only possible states for a relationship. I’d suggest most of those at all bothered about this have moved well past that stage of a relationship (and most people making comments like yours have never had a relationship which has moved past that stage).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Just been rumbled by the wife’ is closed to new replies.