Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Just been Egged
  • nbt

From my point of view no it isnt’ if you thing hoying eggs at people is fun then you;re a ****,

binners

if you thing hoying eggs at people is fun then you;re a ****

That may well be the case fella, but its not throwing solid, dangerous objects at people is it? Like I said – a sense of proportion is in order.

There’s a world of difference between the 2 IMHO. The motivation for one is because, I’m guessing, you think its a bit of a laugh*. Whereas throwing a full bottle (or anything similar) at someone is for one reason only. To do them some pretty ****ing serious damage!!

* This may indeed make you, as you’ve stated, a ****!

Lifer
    Free Member

As TJ used to say, I find it hard to believe that people on a cycling forum have that attitude.

nbt

Having had stuff thrown at me, I don’t care if it’s solid or not, just having stuff thrown is enough to distract me from riding and that means there’s achance I’m going to get injured

binners

Fair enough mate. Seems I’m definitely in the minority in not being particularly bothered about stuff like this, and certainly not considering it as serious enough to involve the police

Weren’t you with us when both me and the Mack got egged? On the road climb after our refreshment stop at the Black Dog?

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 If you’re aware that something has been lobbed and is “incoming” but don’t know if it’s an egg/stone/bottle/whatever then you’re going to take evasive action which could result in a crash or accident.

nbt

Wasn’t me on that one mate.

Coyote
    Free Member

Don’t report it, they do it again. Chucking eggs becomes an acceptable pastime. I admire the laid back attitude of some on here but personally I’ve got better things to do than cleaning egg etc off my kit.

hora
    Free Member

Why not wait on that particular road/keep a look out? At traffic lights it can be a bit embarrasing for the driver…..

stumpy01

Yeah, it’s not so much the object but your reaction/shock at having something lobbed at you.

Could potentially cause you to lose control & have some kind of accident. I doubt the people doing this kind of thing think that far ahead.

I had a car full of kids come past a couple of years ago & what appeared to be the remnants of their lunch chucked at me. The two girls in the back were looking out of the back window & laughing their heads off. There’s a level crossing about a mile ahead so I absolutely beasted myself to get to it in the hope that the crossing was down so I could have a word. Must have been the only time I have ever got to that crossing and it has not been down. Gutted.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Just been Egged’ is closed to new replies.