Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Just been cold-called and they hung up on me!
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just took a call from ''Tash at Kitchens Direct' and I answered with a cheery (if somewhat sarcastic) 'brilliant'.

She hung up on me! I am gutted, I had hoped for a couple of minutes of fun on that call. Shall I call her back?

theflatboy
    Free Member

my friend did a coldcalling job for a while – he became their best employee in a few days as the master of the 'click'… if the phone answer didn't sound right for the product he'd 'click' them and move on.

you're obviously not the kitchen type 😆

chiefgrooveguru

Don't worry, they'll call again, Kitchens Direct always do…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don't worry, they'll call again, Kitchens Direct always do…

This is true – they call me more than my wife does 🙂

st

My Step Mum had one a while back, she launched into a rant at them and hung up, the supervisor then called back to criticise her for being rude.

sofatester
    Free Member

My Step Mum had one a while back, she launched into a rant at them and hung up, the supervisor then called back to criticise her for being rude.

😆

What did she rant about? Must have been quite extreme to get a ring back from a supervisor!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had a phone call this morning, from a number my phone didn't recognise. I answered "Hello?" and there were some odd words I coudn't understand and a few 'Hello's back. I hung up.

A few mins later the same number rang again, so I let it go to message. When I checked my messages I had a rather confused message from a husky sounding woman called Diane (Husky rough, not husky sexy) asking me to get her some beer on the way over as she felt like having a drink with me. This was before 11am. I don't know a Diane. Honest!

badnewz
    Free Member

If only you could shoot someone down a telephone line.

clubber
    Free Member
    ourkidsam
    Free Member

For what? Selling you a kitchen or drinking before 11?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Clubber – the home number is registered with them. Does it work on mobiles to?

clubber
    Free Member

I think so – I certainly registed mine.

coffeeking
    Free Member

TPS never works for me, mainly because they don't cover calls coming from abroad and and low and behold where do most cold-calling centres operate from…

zaskar
    Free Member

I don't know a Diane. Honest!

Probably your wife testing you!

😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I had one hang up after I asked her what she was wearing.

nicko74

😀

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I hope none of you lot mind when someone has a rant at you when you are at work.

cynic-al
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    I had one hang up after I asked her what she was wearing.

I get male callers – must try that (I'm straight).

coffeeking
    Free Member

I hope none of you lot mind when someone has a rant at you when you are at work.

Not sure I'd do a job that involved calling people in their homes out of hours and asking them for cash. On principle.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

For some people it is the easiest or best option of staying off the dole.

Creg

Had one yesterday offering cheap global calls.

When I responded with "no thanks Im really not interested and I would like to know how you got this number as we are TPS registered" all I got in response was:

"well its your loss" *click*

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member
    For some people it is the easiest or best option of staying off the dole.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

perhaps, but it is fun to mock them when they call still.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Would you like it if you phoned me trying to sell some of whatever it is you sell and I was incredibly rude to you to the point of being abusive?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wouldn't ring you trying to sell you something.

hh45
    Free Member

I said to some upvc double glazing salesman that i wasn't interested because upvc were "ugly" and he retorted " like your face" and hung up. I'd like to be ruder but worry I'll get done for general harrassement and a part of me feels sorry for them. Surely they only take such jobs because nothing decent has come along? Then on the other hand cold calling is a king nuisance IMO bordering on being immoral. We're young enough to laugh it off but some people get quite distressed by it never mind ripped off by said windows / kitchen etc they don't need.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and BTW I am never rude to people but I do wind them up. All I said in the call I got today was 'brilliant' – that isn't really offensive is it?

Militant_biker

I sometimes stop talking mid sentence and remain silent, but stay on the line. Can be amusing listening to how long they'll keep asking questions. And trying not to giggle 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My grandad used to put the phone on the sofa and just let them talk 🙂

markgraylish
    Free Member

#
    Obi_Twa – Member

Posted 4 hours ago # Report-Post

I'm sorry but if you take a job cold-calling you have to expect this sort of response. Cold-calling pisses me off no-end and I have zero tolerance of it.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

But overtaking people who are doing 20mph in a 30mph limit is rude amongst other things. BOOM!!!! Have it! Busted. 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

I name you fredpaddedtalkewhovere and claim my £5!!!

You are Padded Fred.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Nope. 100% wrong. I'll have my tenner please.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member
    But overtaking people who are doing 20mph in a 30mph limit is rude amongst other things. BOOM!!!! Have it! Busted.
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

why is that rude?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Because you cant see through cars and you are pulling a dangerous manoeuvre therefore putting people at risk and that is just rude.

billybob
    Free Member

I had an a foreign call centre operative call me back 4 times 7 eventually leave a message to tell me how rude us english people are – it was a Sunday morning, the first call I said politely I'm not interested & told her I was going to hang up on her. The second time she phoned back I asked if she hadnt realised the reason I hung up on her. The third time I lost my rag a bit & shouted F-Off down the phone at her 3 times before hanging up.

She then rang back & I didn't answer & she left the message on my phone telling me how rude I was…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So how does one ever overtake another vehicle (which is a perfectly acceptable maneuveure – even the Highway Code tells you it is allowed).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Would you like it if you phoned me trying to sell some of whatever it is you sell and I was incredibly rude to you to the point of being abusive?

no but I wouldl expect that if I cold called people with something they doint want some will be rude to me.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

You dont unless they are crawling along. If they are doing a reasonable speed then to overtake them is wreckless and you will lose your licence if caught.

bruk

Had one recently when I answered the phone initially to hear muffled office noises and some laughing for about 10 secs before they went 'Oh could I speak to the homeowner please?' I told them they couldn't and hung up and then they rang back and 'Don't f***king speak to me like that' Then told them to piss off and tried to 1471 it but nae luck as was not available.

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Bloody parasitic leeches

Even more annoying when they lie from the start. 'Hi I'm Andy (in thick sub continent accent) calling from blah blah' No you aren't called Andy don't start the conversation by lying to me GRR

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member
    You dont unless they are crawling along. If they are doing a reasonable speed then to overtake them is wreckless and you will lose your licence if caught.
    POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I could overtake a police car doing 20 and not be prosecuted – as long as the maneuvure isn't dangerous it is perfectly legal.

Just what law do you think I have broken making that overtake anyway?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Just been cold-called and they hung up on me!’ is closed to new replies.