Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Just been buzzed….
  • pondo

… by a flight of nine low-wing monoplane prop aircraft, flying pretty low (I can only guess but between 500 and 1000 feet?), flying east over Bromsgrove. Who would they be, do we think?

(I say just – probably an hour ago, if I’d have thought I’d have used a flight tracker)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ze Luftwaffe?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pussy Galore’s Flying Circus?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gary Numan.

Cougar

Nah, he’s in cars.

Andy_B

Austerity Arrows. Not powerful enough for aerobatics so just formation flying.

matt_outandabout

First of the new MP’s escaping the enslavement of the non home counties constituency they won, back to Londonium politics village?

wwaswas

Murdoch’s released his Nazgul following election disappointment, hasn’t he?

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

There was an airshow on at RAF Cosford at the weekend, maybe returning home from that?

v8ninety

I saw them too (Kinver wayish). RTB from Cosford was my thought.

whitestone
    Free Member

On a similar topic.

During the HT550 several of us saw a pair of WW2 planes flying around (I saw them during the group start ride and richpips saw them the week before when he and Tom were riding the route). Any of the Scots contingent on here know what they were? Both were single engined monoplanes, one looked like a two seater, the other could have been a Mitsubishi Zero.

Edit: the other could have been one of these

thepurist

Harrison Ford on his way to Birmingham International Airport?

andysredmini
    Free Member

Whilst riding yesterday I got buzzed by a eurofighter doing the display at cosford. It came towards me doing some rolls then went directly up above me still rolling. It was pretty amazing and unexpected.

CountZero

@whitestone: either one of these two? The top green one is a Yak 52, I think the other is as well.

(Ninja edit of the bottom one, the pilot makes an attractive addition…) 😉

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Could have been a display team like this lot?

The Blades

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Piston or turboprop?

If turbo, could have been baby RAF fast jet pilots. They have a squadron of Tucanos but I think they’re based in Yorkshire not the Midlands

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Just checked and The Blades flew at Cosford at the weekend so probs them?

whitestone
    Free Member

@countzero One could well have been the top one, I saw that side on but the other flew straight over me so hard to tell.

globalti
    Free Member

ISIS Airways out training?

sargey

Cycled to Cosford from stourbridge on Sunday and yes what you saw was one of the display flights.
    Great show again and for me the b bombers were the stars,a fly past from a b1 b lancers, a b52 and a display from a b17.
    Unfortunately the typhoon display was just a fly past as the pilot had a technical problem with the airbrake.
    Andysredmini I think that was the Norwegian air force tornado that you saw which did an impressive display.

CountZero

@whitestone – most likely one or both of those, I think they display together, although they fly singly. There are Harvards around, and there is one, Gary Numan’s I believe, which is modified to look like a Zero, although he may have got rid of it, I’m not certain, but it’s possible it may have been Harvards.
    Most likely the Yaks, though.

whitestone
    Free Member

The reason I thought of a Zero was the frontal aspect, initially I thought it might have been a Mustang as the plane I saw to the side had Russian/Chinese insignia so I thought maybe one American, one Russian. Not an expert on all WW2 planes so those were the two makes I aligned with what I saw.

TheWrongTrousers

There are no airworthy Zeroes and Gary Numan’s Harvard Zero lookalike is long gone. The Royal Jordanian Falcons display team have been around recently flying Extras, not sure if they were at Cosford or not.
    And the colourful Tornado was Italian, the Norwegians don’t have Tonkas.

TheWrongTrousers

@countzero Where was that photo of Yak red 27 taken ? Curious to see that Royal Navy Phantom in the background

MP2484
    Free Member

Sounds like it was the Swiss PC7 team

https://www.pc7-team.ch/en/#topnav

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Just been buzzed….’ is closed to new replies.