Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • just awesome. fully working 1/3rd scale replica of ferrari 312PB!
  • racefaceec90

this is just awesome (and the guy is hugely talented).
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1yOfLM8N4[/video] ferrari should give him a job 😀

alfabus
    Free Member

1/3rd? looks smaller than that! (unless that bloke is a giant 😉 )

Dave

alpin
    Free Member

1. It’s tiny
    2. The film is in French.

I’m out.

tomhoward

I think Clarkson did a show with it on about 10 years ago, the guy was saying how no one will be able to report on how it handled. Seems a shame really.

Duane…
    Free Member

3. It was filmed with a potato.

Looks impressive none the less 😛

racefaceec90

apologies here’s an english version to make up for it 😉
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUMDY01uUA[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1__niLIAQ[/video]
    In english with added Clarkson (2006 vintage hair)

alpin
    Free Member

See 1.

Pointless though, really…. Would be different if he had a dwarf sidekick who could drive it.

seavers
    Free Member

Pointless though, really…. Would be different if he had a dwarf sidekick who could drive it.

My thoughts almost exactly. Fair play to they guy for building it but I want to see someone drive the thing.

Northwind

I want to see it being driven by a monkey.

toys19
    Free Member

The world is crying out for decent engineers, here is one, wasting his talent.

alpin
    Free Member

^^^^ ouch!

Rorschach
    Free Member

quality pwnage!

ds1
    Free Member

Maybe one of these drivers would fit

crankbreaker

To be fair isn’t cycling round woods pretty pointless?! If you enjoy it then it doesn’t matter does it?!

kristoff
    Free Member

If you like engineering/machining take a look at the vid in this link…

Worlds smallest v12

sugdenr
    Free Member

If you like engineering/machining take a look at the vid in this link…Worlds smallest v12

But its not an engine – it needs power to run! Took him 1200hrs ( 8hrs a day for average working yr is 2250hrs) – he ‘dedicated’ it to his grandkids, presumably to offset the guilt of not actually ever playing with them whilst indulging his OCD. I tried it with my wife – im off out riding for all my spare time for the next year, but i will dedicate it to you. She offered to dedicate the divorce to me in exchange.

toys19
    Free Member

I think pwnage requires a higher standard. I knew he was a telecoms engineeer from the video, that does notdetract from the fact that all that effort is a massive waste. With his obvious skills imagine what useful,or fun things he could have made, but a fully working car, that no one can drive, is patently a waste.

Now bigrich, the above is known as a difference of opinion, a counter to discuss, not an excuse to just insult someone. I wonder if thisplace might function better if you responded with discussion, not just opposing statements and a veiled attempt at insult.

marcus7
    Free Member

Toys, you didn’t make it sound like opinion, you actually insulted the guy who build it by SAYING it was a waste of time, time which was his to use as he saw fit. I guess you think that all art is a waste of time as your average painting cant do much or that music is a waste of time or whatever. He has certainly not wasted his time IN MY OPINION, he has infact shown that we as a race are capable as a group or as an individual amazing things. Be it going into space or mowing in straight lines. Everyone makes thier choice and in my opinion he did an amazing job which should be recognised for what it is. Of course i may be wrong 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘just awesome. fully working 1/3rd scale replica of ferrari 312PB!’ is closed to new replies.