• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by joat.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just another day on the roads….
  • matt_outandabout

…. Would love to have seen the ‘shouting at cyclists’ persons face when the ‘cyclist’ was a copper…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2119122614792312&substory_index=0&id=162735270431066

I like this operation close pass.

trumpton
    Free Member

good work.

Simon

Good work but some of the comments 🙁

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

The comments are shocking, waste of time being the most common, i live here and no longer road bike due to how bad it is. For me its certainly not a waste of time…

MoreCashThanDash

Given that it’s a Police social media feed, at what point can the Police “have a word” with some of the dickheads who post such stupid comments that display a complete lack of understanding of the rules of the road, and by inference, are unfit to have a driving license?

We had one on Facebook locally, dashcam pic of a group of cyclists, 6 of them neatly riding two abreast on a wide straight piece of road and the guy was complaining, and generating lots of similar comments. Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit got tagged in and explained very patiently that it looked textbook perfect and still the knobs were arguing the toss.

matt_outandabout

It is a worry who we share the roads with, and thier not only ignorant but sometimes aggressive attitude.

crashrash

Wish the Devon and Cornwall lot would do this – close passing is a major issue in this part of the world.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice one, woild have liked to be a fly on the wall for some of those.

joat

To paraphrase:
    “are they expecting us to drive into oncoming traffic to overtake”
    No, no they’re not, they’re expecting you to to wait until it’s safe to overtake, much like if there was something parked on the side of the road or a slow moving vehicle. FFS.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just another day on the roads….’ is closed to new replies.