• This topic has 27 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by rj2dj.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Just a nod in the direction of MTB Batteries
  • bikerevivesheffield

Whilst i am aware that for many people money is the driver when making a purchase i thought that i’d share a bit of love for a fellow small business. Smudge at MTB batteries is a cracking fella!! He sold me a Lumenator approximately 6 years ago, yes it may not be the brightest in the light arms race BUT it is now in its sixth winter of heavy use, the battery is still bob on, the head unit is tiny enough for helmet mounting and bright enough for peaks riding. Last week i emailed him and bought the GoPro mount for my helmet which no makes it super adjustable! All for a cost of £4.99 delivered.
    Great product long term , support over the duration with any advice, cheap “updates”. All in 10/10 for a great Great British business. Keep up the GREAT work Smudge 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

2nded

I have a hybrid trout light which uses an MTB batteries battery that is lumicycle fitting but with a hope connector on the light.

My old charger died after many years so needed a new one with custom connectors.

No problem, and with me in a few days, and at a great price.

Much love for Smudge and MTB batteries here too.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Smudge is awesome 😉

trumpton
    Free Member

I got a nihm battery pack years ago, for a headlight – still going strong.

phillconnell

Yes, Smudge does a cracking job. I’ve had a Lumenator 2 for a while and it’s faultless: bright, directional and light with bombproof fixings and wiring. Smudge also replaced a charger for me when I accidentally connected one to the wrong light and blew one up. That’s still going strong too. Knowledge, service and all at a good price. Can’t go wrong.

poltheball
    Free Member

+1, great lights at a great price with great customer service

scuttler

100%

I don’t have the brightest lights in the pack but I probably have the most reliable, supported and budget friendly (Lumen800 and Lumenator).

wors

Great Service from Smudge when I have used him.

Sui
    Free Member

agree with all the above, he’s a top chap having helped me out with some bits. Lights get not a lot of love, but still keep trucking..

ceept

My lumen800 & spare battery arrived last week in preparation for the puffer. Great service & really happy with it.

hardtailonly

Agreed with all the above. I had one of the V1 lights back in the day, it was the first light I had when I first started night riding and opened up a new world for me of riding opportunities whilst having a young family. Think the lead split about 2 years after I got it and Smudge replaced it FoC. Got a replacement battery pack at a reasonable price about 4 years in. Shame some scrote pinched it from the commuter whilst locked up for 10 minutes outside the hospital. Got a Lumenator now, which is excellent.

Had other lights over the years, including several cheap Chinese eBay specials, and also a couple from Torchy, which have been ‘Okay’, but when the light developed a fault after 13 months, just wasn’t interested. Have also found his battery packs have not lasted any longer than most of my Chinese eBay lights.

senorj

I have a 7 yo luminator, and the little one is 6. Still work great.

Cheezpleez

Another happy customer here

fathomer

And here, I think my Lumenator is one of the original 1200 lumen ones and now in its 7th winter. I did have an issue with the original battery but Smudge had me a new one within 48hours.

jedi

Such good service too and a lovely bloke to boot

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Good bloke, very helpful with my enquiry.

oldnick

I’ve had a v2 and a lumen800 for a few years, still going strong.
    And this thread made me go look at the site, and I’ve now got a rear light on it’s way for Christmas 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

I recently brought a Luminator 18 because of the above love.

stevemorg2

Great bloke – just bought probably my 5th or 6th pack off him having used them with Lumicycles, Troutlights and now Gloworms – service is spot on, quality excellent

big_scot_nanny

Smudge just sorted me out with a new pack for my old troutie (RIP fella) Spider Eyes. Super quick, great comes, fast delivery. Job jobbed!

Now I’m back to making everyone else’s lights look ‘a bit shit’ on night rides 🤩

simes80
    Free Member

Absolutely agree. My MTBBatteries replacement for my premium German brand light has been performing faultlessly, at full capacity for the past few winters. Smudge is a great bloke and I’d thoroughly recommend anyone who fancies a new light to give him a go.

tillydog
    Free Member

All this love, and nobody has posted a link yet!

How does one get in touch with this paragon of luminosity?

oldnick

Err, Google “MTB Batteries”

StirlingCrispin

Agreed.

Many lights over many years – with much helpful service at minimal cost  when I’ve had issues (like my son ripping the cables out in a crash).

Friend has just had her Exposure helmet light rebatteried for beer money. She’s chuffed to bits.

https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

h4muf
    Free Member

Yes, brilliant lights and top bloke 👌

tillydog
    Free Member

Thanks @SterlingCrispin – I had it in my head that he was on ebay…

rOcKeTdOg

Smudge is a power pack power house. The only good thing about longer nights is using the lumenator on full chat

rj2dj
    Free Member

Agreed – great service. I bought an original V1 type light and had great service from Smudge. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one as a helmet light if i ever need to, or whatever his latest model is!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Just a nod in the direction of MTB Batteries’ is closed to new replies.