Jumps session with ‘Jedi’ booked, any tips?

• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by  goby.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Jumps session with ‘Jedi’ booked, any tips?
  • Premier Icon Akers
    Subscriber

I’m booked on a ‘Jumps and Drops’ day at UK Bike Skills next week. I’ve not been for any coaching before. Does anyone who’s been for coaching, at UK Bike Skills or elsewhere, have any tips for me? Cheers.

Premier Icon grahamt1980
    Subscriber

You don’t need tips, just go with an open mind and enjoy it

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

take lots of food

enjoy yourself

Don’t forget your Maxle!

Premier Icon jairaj
    Subscriber

Double check bike and equipment are all working in advance so you have time to sort out any problems.

Take more food and water than you would normally for a ride of similar length.  For some reason I also get knackered quickly on lessons.  I guess it’s because the brain is working overtime too?

other than that, go enjoy, try to absorb as much as you can. You may not nail all the things tought in the lesson but remember what you are tought and practice practice practice!

Premier Icon frogstomp
    Subscriber

Make sure you practise the stuff you learn afterwards!

kayla1

Just enjoy it! +1 on practising stuff after the fact as well 🙂

Premier Icon Akers
    Subscriber

Thanks everyone. Bike will definitely get a thorough check over on Sunday, I’ll make extra sarnies too!

Practising after will be the tricking bit. Maybe I’ll take an afternoon off and spend time looping the runs around the Clubhouse area at Swinley.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

looping the runs around the Clubhouse area at Swinley

For jump practice?

Premier Icon Akers
    Subscriber

For jump practice?

Yeah. The small stuff on Camel seems as good a place to start as any for practising technique learnt, then move up from there. Not a good idea?

I’m open to better suggestions from the STW collective mind…

Rob Hilton

The small stuff on Camel seems as good a place to start as any for practising technique learnt, then move up from there. Not a good idea?

Perfect thinking; if its not working on small stuff it won’t work on bigger stuff

Assume you know nothing.

Have an open mind.

Enjoy every minute.

Take enough food for energy for the whole day.

Do not plan to drive home urgently. I was in a total daze with mental as well as physical exhaustion at the end of the day.

Premier Icon nwmlarge
    Subscriber

dress for any weather as you will ride in rain.

I would also check your brake pads, its a short hill you will use them a lot

take party rings too

Premier Icon onewheelgood
    Subscriber

Get a decent night’s sleep beforehand. Don’t have a hangover. Enjoy!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

The small stuff on Camel seems as good a place to start

Dunno! Didn’t realise there was still anything jumpy at Swinley. Will have to get Weeksy to show us 🙂

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Not me DezB, i heard that on another thread a month or two ago and have absolutely no idea what they’re on about 🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Never mind 🙂

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

decide if you have a preference for suicide no handers or huge heel clickers

Premier Icon maxtorque
    Subscriber

FFS don’t tell him his coffee sucks……..   😉

(or your first practice jump will be a 35 foot gap…..  😉

Premier Icon goby
    Subscriber

Yep he is brilliant, as said previously take food and water and come away chuffed to bits! I must go again to build my confidence back up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Jumps session with ‘Jedi’ booked, any tips?’ is closed to new replies.