Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Julian Assange – is he completely fruit loop?
  • oldtennisshoes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45915017

What game is he playing? 🙄

rene59
    Free Member

A completely dull one. I think I would have topped myself by now, must be mind numbingly boring to do what he is doing.

wallop

He’s not taking on board ‘don’t shit on your own doorstep’, is he?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

His own seems to be the only doorstep he hasn’t fully covered in shit though. No more worlds to be conquered and all that.

Leku
    Free Member
    tthew

What are the chances he’s going to ”take a wrong turn” returning from the bog and find himself outside the front door in his pajamas this weekend?

cchris2lou

Could be worse, he could be in the Saudi Arabia embassy.

rene59
    Free Member

He keeps strange bedfellows..

Pamela Anderson!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Odd man.

Step outside, get some fresh air dear fellow.

And stand up to any case you are being tried for, prove your innocence.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can’t believe he is still in there! As they are not watching 24/7 out in the back of a car and off to the coast and away.

sadmadalan

Where is he going to sue them?  In the High Court?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mad as a shit-house rat, a total dick but, also I’m absolutely sure if / when he steps out of the embassy he’ll be snatched by the US.

xora

He must be really terrified of justice in sweden! I wonder what else he has done he hasnt been charged with yet.

white101

I always thought he would be in there for eternity, now I wonder if he wont get whisked off in some form of extraordinary rendition to the US where he will be embraced by the orange one

nickc

He must be really terrified of justice in sweeden!

They’ve dropped all charges

dissonance

also I’m absolutely sure if / when he steps out of the embassy he’ll be snatched by the US.

Why didnt they grab him earlier? Its odd how he only got worried about them grabbing him when the Swedish police got really interested in answers from him.

tthew

Yeah, the time limit on him being charged ran out. He’s still there because the UK government won’t give him any guarantees he won’t be off to the US if he comes out.

Of the embassy, not the closet obviously.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mmm, lock yourself away with no way out for years just to avoid (possibly…) being locked away for years with no way out. There must be more to this cunning plan.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why didnt they grab him earlier? Its odd how he only got worried about them grabbing him when the Swedish police got really interested in answers from him.

Because performing a rendition of a citizen of one country who is your ally from the country of one of your other allies is seen as very poor form and would end up in court along with some really bad press.

He needed to be in custody with somebody to be extradited. The UK would not due to death penalty clauses.

dissonance

He needed to be in custody with somebody to be extradited.

So he could have just been arrested on those grounds.  Just like other criminals are before being extradited.

The UK would not due to death penalty clauses.

So no fear of being extradited from Sweden either then. Since the terms of sending him from UK to Sweden would include the UK having to approve any further extradition.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He could adopt the “cloak of invisibility” and head home for the night, then catch the next train out of Kansas.

He’s now an Ecuadorian isn’t he? How did he change Banks and all that nonsense like Passports and Shit?

UK Banks aren’t keen on Ecuadorian citizens, they’re on the “unsure/naughty” list.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So no fear of being extradited from Sweden either then. Since the terms of sending him from UK to Sweden would include the UK having to approve any further extradition.

The 2 points were kind of linked and formed the base of the last appeal before he ran in there. But yes he could have been arrested at any time, in responding to the grabbing him part that won’t happen for the legal reasons against it.

MSP

I do wonder what he is really like, on the face of it he does appear to be a self aggrandising prick, on the other hand there has clearly been a smear campaign against him.

IMO wikileaks did good work, there is far too much incompetence and greed covered up by governmental “secrecy” throughout the world, and wikileaks was shining a light on that. The level of propaganda directed at the citizens of supposed democracies is now at ridiculous levels, and has lead to populism to gain a foothold so easily.

Is the persona he now is the persona he always was, or has the campaign against him changed him? His situation does remind me of how western powers treat country’s and there leaders, label them as being part of the “axis of evil” and that is what they become just to survive.

sadmadalan

Sorry @MSP Wikileaks was not a shining light.  In releasing documents without any review of documents, people died.  By all means release the documents but make sure that they are reviewed first.  In addition it was amazing how much of the leaks were from Western Governments.

And wikileaks biggest problem – Assenge.

allthegear
    Free Member

Agreed. Whilst I understand the idea, releasing large amounts of  protectively marked content is massively stupid. It’s just not possible to know you are not putting people at risk.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I do wonder what he is really like, on the face of it he does appear to be a self aggrandising prick, on the other hand there has clearly been a smear campaign against him.

In the vague internet thing… A good mate knew somebody who had to work with him , very little complimentary stuff about him.

As above any good wikileaks could have done (and did do) was outweighed by the cult of Assange really, his leak everything as it stands approach killed them. The later stuff with the clinton emails was just them being played. Question is does he know he was played or does he still think it’s all people leaking for the greater good

avdave2

Time for the SAS to storm the embassy, getting people killed and rape are minor allegations but this bastard wasn’t very nice to a cat. This is Britain, we will not stand for it!

MSP

In releasing documents without any review of documents, people died

Well that was the claim, but I don’t recall that it was ever validated. However they (wikileaks) did uncover “official activity” that certainly killed people and had been covered up. Who can forget the apache gunship opening fire on civilians and then the ambulance that tried to help them, is that what you would prefer to protect, war crimes and propaganda? wikileaks was a reaction to the routine cover ups of governments, if they don’t want organisations like wikileaks maybe governments of supposed democratic countries need to start being more honest. Frankly his “crimes” of releasing classified documents without review pales into insignificance with secretive states we have become and the use of misinformation as a standard governmental tool.

That said I have no evidence to offer that he isn’t a prick, other than to suspect a smear job. I also have no evidence to offer that he doesn’t have a superfluous mammary gland or the worlds smallest penis.

I don’t particularly care about Assange, but I do care that western governments have effectively shut down whistle-blowers exposing state corruption and crimes.

CountZero

but I do care that governments have effectively shut down whistle-blowers exposing state corruption and crimes.

There, fixed that for you. No, it’s ok, there’s no extra charge.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Maybe he had a point all along: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46232609

sadmadalan

To be able to get him from the UK (assuming he leaves the Embassy alive) the Yanks will need an extradition warrant.  They will need to demonstrate that he broke the law in the US and that a similar law exists in the UK.  In the US for Wikileaks to publish information stolen by someone else is not a crime, otherwise any US newspapers which have published would also be subject to arrest (or rather the publisher would be).  As such they have to prove to a UK court that Assenge was part of the plot to steal the information.

This is the weak part of the whole Assenge theory.  Any state or the US federal government can raise an indictment on him, but until he is the US they cannot try him.  He cannot be sent to Guantanamo Bay, since they would be illegal by the US Constitution. Any trial would be a huge embarrassment to the US Defense Department.

In any case I hope that when he comes out the UK Government simply returns him to his native country (Australia) and they can deal with him.  Hopefully after he spends time in a real jail for actually breaking the law in the UK by breaking the terms of his Bail

Still it is all good fun!

jonnyboi

Maybe he was working for the Russians all along

makes you think

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe he was working for the Russians all along

makes you think

Or more likely his arrogance stopped him realising when he was getting played.

andrewh
    Free Member

Was thinking about him the other day, as you do.

Question. What is a ‘diplomatic bag?’ Is it an actual thing (and if so how big is it?) or is it more of a concept?

If it’s a thing is it just big enough for some secret documents or could you put a human in one? If it’s a concept (‘don’t look in there, that’s a diplomatic bag’) could he be put in one/declared to be in one?

Basically, could he leave the embassy in one and go to Ecudaor itself?

tjagain

It has leaked out that Assange has been indited in the states so he was right to be so paranoid.

DrJ

And stand up to any case you are being tried for, prove your innocence.

That worked out great for Chelsea Manning. Years of solitary confinement and torture. Of course our noble government would stand up for his rights. Yeah…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, butt..

That might not happen, he may just walk out the door and pop to the co-op for a snickers and can of red-bull and pop back whilst no-one is looking..

Wonder if he hasn’t already done this 🤣

poah
    Free Member

he would be jailed for breaching his bail conditions here.

cornholio98
    Free Member

To be able to get him from the UK (assuming he leaves the Embassy alive) the Yanks will need an extradition warrant.

He is also worried about any deportation to Australia. Planes have to stop or can be diverted plus the Aussies have supported every war the us have been in since the 1940s

andytherocketeer

The diplomatic bag can be a bag or even a shipping container, but can only be used for shipping official supplies, documentation, etc. between a country and its missions. Shipping a person inside would probably contravene the Vienna Convention.

Make Assange the Diplomatic Courier for a Diplomatic Bag however, and every country* he passes thru would not be allowed to arrest or detain him without contravening the Vienna Convention.

(*every country that has ratified the convention, which is practically all of them).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Julian Assange – is he completely fruit loop?’ is closed to new replies.