Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Juice diets (contains wife's latest idea content)
  • jruk
    Free Member

The Mrs wants both of us to go on a juice diet. I’m ok with losing weight but are juice diets bo!!ocks?

Happy to be convinced otherwise so any stories of how juice diets have turned you into athletic gods? Do I need to divert bike budget into more kitchen appliances? And do I have to start reading the Guardian?

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s the connection between juice diets and The Guardian?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You answered your own question in the first sentence.

Eat less, burn more.

I should write a book.

bearnecessities

Eat less, burn more.

I really need to increase my font size.

Jamie
    Free Member

I should write a book.

What about?

bikebouy
    Free Member

tomhoward

I really need to increase my font size.

Same outcome?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    I should write a book.
    What about?

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

bearnecessities

Same outcome?

Yup, still shit.

nickc

Juice of what?

If it’s fruit, it’s not going to work if it’s cabbage, probably more so

Jamie
    Free Member

Mmmmm. Cabbage juice!

jimjam
    Free Member

hooli

In simple terms. You will lose weight, but when you start back on normal food, the weight finds its way back.

Unless of course you stay on a juice diet forever.

It also does some pretty ‘interesting’ things to your digestive system. Both when starting the juice and when re introducing normal food.

oldnpastit

(I would think turning fruit into juice will just mean you absorb the sugars a load faster, which is probably bad).

ade9933
    Free Member

does steak juice count?

Jamie
    Free Member

It also does some pretty ‘interesting’ things to your digestive system. Both when starting the juice and when re introducing normal food.

Juice goes in, juice comes out?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Juiced bacon diet!

Just stop her eating sugar would be better. The low sugar and no alcohol diet. Sugar is tucked away in so many foods, especially a favourite of anything processed.
    Get that app to track your calories too if you need help with figuring out what your eating.

Dilwyn
    Free Member

Probably the worst thing you can do for long term weight loss in my opinion.
    Your metabolism will slow right down as your body will no longer need to digest your food.
    If you are using fruit juices, you will be getting all the sugar without your body having to chew/ break down/ digest the fruit.
    That’s only an opinion as I’m no expert.

Cougar

you’ll probably lose weight. It’s called malnutrition.

Dilwyn
    Free Member

What I should have said is that if you ate the fruit/veg you’re going to juice you’d be a lot better off.

soobalias
    Free Member

a juice diet can help weightloss as part of a calorie controlled diet.

or

depends what you juice

essentially a gimmick that fits/suits some peoples tastes/lives.
    i do smoothies in a nutri thingy blender, i can probably cram a full days calorie intake into a pint.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fruit juice is full of sugar. Natural sugar of course, but then sugar is natural anyway innit, comes from a plant.

I knew a bloke who tried fruitarianism. He got pretty fat, and it cost a fortune.

ade9933
    Free Member

We did get a nutri-thingy style kitchen appliance this Christmas though and so far they have been awesome. you can mix in proteins, carbs and greens as well as fruit – very tasty too but I wouldn’t swap the whole diet for one.

docgeoffyjones

I thought the point of juicing was to improve your gut health more than a weight loss tool.
    As said above juicing fruit is not going to work as it makes the sugars more easily available.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hi, yeh, that’s me. I used to be a cyclist; read the Guardian; lived off the fresh juice of many fruits and vegetables 😉 Infact, most people would actually describe me as a wet lettuce.
    Then I took up cage fighting and I turned into an athletic God. I swapped the Guardian (too many long words) for the Sun; I started eating steaks and protein shakes, and I now drive a sports car and have a fit lass on my arm at all times. Most of my mates don’t even have a description for me (they’re all too thick on roids) these days, they just say “you’re the opposite of a wet lettuce”
    So if you want to be an athletic god, do something that makes you strong. But there’s a trade off; your brain will turn to mush (which, coincidentally, has a similar consistency to pulped beets).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you can mix in proteins, carbs and greens as well as fruit – very tasty too but I wouldn’t swap the whole diet for one.

I have one of those it’s called a stomach.
    If you want to make a real change buy some decent kitchen scales and get onto something like MFP along with an activity tracker. As a generalisation most people under estimate consumption and over estimate exercise.

1-shed
    Free Member

The result may be sloppy poos and rotten teeth, sounds good. Cheers 1 shed.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

When did she afford time to learn about juicers ?

I assume your house is immaculately clean and all of your shirts are pressed.

😉

Cougar

I knew a bloke who tried fruitarianism. He got pretty fat, and it cost a fortune.

I used to know a bloke who was a fruitarian. He was skinny as a rake, used to turn up at work with a huge fruit basket and sit there all day eating constantly.

Must’ve had an arse like a blood orange.

sweepy
    Free Member

When my Mrs suggests the latest fad diet I say ‘you get started babe, when you’ve got to your ideal weight, and maintained it for a couple of years, i’ll be right on it.

johndoh
    Free Member

I really do not go in for all this bollocks – eat sensible amounts of the food you like and have a beer or two and make sure you are active. I have lost 10kg (76kg to 66kg) over the last couple of years by simply being more sensible rather than trying silly fad diets.

Del

most people under estimate consumption and over estimate exercise

i’d advise backing off the coffee and cake she doesn’t know about at the hub, and ride your bike more, tubby. 😈
    hny.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I used to know a bloke who was a fruitarian. He was skinny as a rake, used to turn up at work with a huge fruit basket and sit there all day eating constantly.

Must’ve had an arse like a blood orange.

Was he a welder from Oldham, made a whistling noise from his nose ??

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Juice diets (contains wife's latest idea content)’ is closed to new replies.