Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Judgemental motorbiker
  • akira

Was out riding on the road bike with a mate, riding single file then we got into a town and stopped at some traffic lights. Since we were in the bike square at the front and it’s a long segment of lights we were next to each other chatting. Motorcyclist comes up beside us and tells us we shouldn’t be two abreast and should let traffic past, obviously he hadn’t been behind us and just felt like having a go. Told him gruffly we had been riding single file as its a fast section of road and he mumbled an apology then the lights changed and we all left. I don’t get it, miffed me a bit but I’m over it now.

FOG

It’s that old British right to tell anyone else how to conduct their life!
    I was in a caff on a ride when some old woman started lecturing me about riding two abreast. What I should have said was, ‘Tell your car driving friends not to pass so close, if I am responsible for all cyclists you must be responsible for all drivers’

martinhutch

Motorcyclist comes up beside us

Doesn’t he know three abreast is illegal?

DezB
    Free Member

Judgemental people using Britain’s roads?? Well I never!

nedrapier

And he shouldn’t be next to you in the bike box anyway! Even if you had been riding abreast, he’s broken the law to tell you about it. Bonkers.

Reminds me of following a guy at Highbury & Islington roundabout, shouting at a girl to look up from her phone. She was crossing on green, he was riding through a red.

I did catch up with him later to say that if you’re going to call someone out, don’t be wronger then them while you’re doing it.

akira

Damnit I should have thought about him being in the bike box and told him to get bent. Hindsight.

nedrapier

That’s going to wind you up more than his comment in the first place, isn’t it? 😀

miketually
    Free Member

There is no law that prevents cyclists riding 2-, 3-, 4-, or whatever-a-breast.

thepurist

There is no law that prevents cyclists riding 2-, 3-, 4-, or whatever-a-breast.

Other than the universal law “Don’t be a dick”. So if you’re riding 9 abreast and not being a dick that’s fine.

bigyinn
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    Reminds me of following a guy at Highbury & Islington roundabout, shouting at a girl to look up from her phone. She was crossing on green, he was riding through a red.

Nightmare roundabout that one. Was sat at the Wetherspoons opposite that and it looked total chaos. Hottest day last year with lots of angry tooty motorists, amazed there weren’t actually any accidents.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I ride motorbikes as well as cycles and in recent years I have had quite few close calls with motorbikes when out cycling don’t know if its because they are getting on a bit these born again bikes or what never had a problem before just think they are getting more bolshy you would think they would have more idea being on two wheels as well Hay Ho.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

don’t know if its because they are getting on a bit these born again bikes or what never had a problem before just think they are getting more bolshy

It’s a national trend, no matter what form of transport people use. I blame it on the US cultural cross-pollination (one-way it seems) and the virtual anonymity of antisocial media breaking out into real life.

Aint nobody got no time for no-one no mo!

philjunior
    Free Member

I once nearly did something similar but realized at the last minute that the light was red (woman not on phone, just couldn’t see why she was confidently striding out in front of me – somehow had got confused with the rear lights of a bus or two that were just beyond the red lights 😳 ) I still didn’t manage to stop for the red light.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Judgemental motorbiker’ is closed to new replies.