Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Journaling
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Morning All

I’ve been keeping a journal for the last 6 weeks or so and it’s a revelation to me.

It’s allowing me to get things off my chest that would have otherwise gone around and around in my head causing me nothing but bother. But more than being a tool for looking back and digesting the day, it’s also having an effect in the here and now. I’m finding that any response I make in day-to-day life, either thought or spoken, knowing that I’ll be looking back on it later, tempers any poor reaction. As such, I’m so much calmer and more relaxed.

Add it to the 15 mins daily “Yoga”/stretching, that I started at the start of the summer, and I feel like a new man !!… lol

(although I think it’s also just getting older and chilling, 50 next year)

So anyone else journal? Any tips? I might start using prompts (maybe one for the week and see what emerges)

What do you use as the actual journal book? At the moment I’m using a crap pad.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I started doing it about a year ago as part of the Personal Development section of a Masters I’m doing.
    As annoying as it was to have to find ‘difficult’ situations to journal about, it was a very valuable part of the course.
    We had a fairly rigid structure to follow that included considering the situation from the other person’s point of view and also from a third-party’s point of view. We then had to think of what we could have done better.
    Further to your point about it changing the ‘here and now’, this happened for me because I was thinking about whether I should be behaving in a different manner (related to teaching in the course).
    I haven’t continued with it, probably because it was something that was forced upon me as part of the course.
    Once the course finishes next year I think I’ll re-start it.
    I did mine online so they could be submitted but I’d get myself a nice notebook if I was doing it for ‘pleasure’.

TheBrick
    Free Member

No. I have considered it a few times but not sure what to write for personal situation. I get it more for people dealing with many people though out the day but less so for myself. I just sit there with nothing to write….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.