Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Jotul F3 woodburning stove… any good?
  • nasher
    Free Member

I’m about to buy one of these with 5m of 3mm thick flue for 1250 Euros (£1k)

Reviews seem good and so does the price as this goes for £1.3k in the UK!!!

So anyone wish to share their experiences or is there better for the price?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Other than being ugly (in my eyes) it’s seems fairly average according to this good site.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Personally if I were spending that money I’d get a Clearview Vision 500 but I am biased! Love ours though and just got a vision inset as well now.

willb
    Free Member

We put a jutol 8 stove in 13 yrs ago with a glass lined domestic boiler. it is one of the best things we ever done in our house. later we out a charnwood in another room and it doeses not come close to the jotul. i know nothing about other makes but I hear morso are also good

hitman
    Free Member

did any of you fit the woodburner yourselves?
    tempted by one but installation costs seem high

willb
    Free Member

yip, I done both with no bother, just very important to make sure good draft in chimney to make sure smoke clears out

hitman
    Free Member

willb
    any detailed tips you can give me?
    have been quoted very high prices for install

yetim
    Free Member

What’s your quote hitman? I have just been quoted £3.3k for the install of a stovax riva 40, £650 of that was for the floating sand stone hearth tho, I think the install was £1,500

ononeorange

We just had a Morso fitted for £2,400 including the stove which gores for about £1,000. It was an absolute comedy of errors though – really cowboyish stuff, but the end result is good (at last!).

hitman
    Free Member

It was over £1000 which seems a ridiculous amount. Haven’t looked into this that closely but surely the work require isn’t that complex or difficult?

Mugboo

We had ours ‘proffesionaly’ fitted by a right pair of cowboys. Batley Barless sent them then claimed they were self employed so ‘it’s not our fault’! After threats of a solicitors letter they came back and sorted it.
    Painful but ended ok.

If you can get on the roof then do it yourself. If you don’t need a liner then definately do it yourself.

A mate of mine had a well respected firm round to smoke test his chimney. They told him it needed a liner, his mate then came round for a look at doing the job only to find the damn chimney was capped…

nasher
    Free Member

Got the jotul mf3 in the end, €1250 (£1k) inc 6metres of 3mm thick 120mm dia flue….

Absolutely amazing piece of kit…throes out over 6kw and I am now too warm!!!

Installed it myself…took 4 hours!!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

hitman

easy stuff to do, get on roof and drop the liner down your existing chimney, I had a kit with a chimney cap thing (several big jubilee clamps) – straightforward.

you need to go through building control to get it signed off if you want to make it official, which isn’t too difficult

nasher
    Free Member

Building control? in Italy?

che mentale!!!!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Should have kept my mouth shut up there ^^. As of last weekend my sister is giving me a Jotul F100 that is surplus to requirements….. so now, although not my first design choice, I think they’re fab 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Jotul F3 woodburning stove… any good?’ is closed to new replies.