Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Joplin v Spoon
  • timraven

I've just been given a much needed, shiny new Charge spoon saddle. It's great, but fouls the remote lever on my Joplin seatpost, so when I go over a bump the saddle drops, bloody inconvenient when climbing!

Anybody had similar problems? More importantly anyone got a successful fix?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I've got a Charge Spoon on my Joplin and it's fine!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Not sure about the joplin, but my speedball has a little screw above the lever so you can change where the lever sits, a bit like the reach adjuster on brakes.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Joplin has that too. You've probably just got the lever too close to the saddle.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Aye, in that case screw it out a bit and the lever will lower down a bit giving the clearance you need.

timraven

I'll give that a try, but doesn't look to be that much room for maneuver. Spoon's the new one, 2010, and seems quite low profile

mr_mills
    Free Member

Change to a cable remote instead of the lever then. Much better anyway! That's what I've just done.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Nope couldnt get my spoon to work well with my joplin (remote version) no matter how much i dug out the inside of the saddle.

Had to change saddle.

timraven

I've got cable remote, I think that's the problem. I think I can modify the lever, but just wanted to check if there was another way. Hopefully will get through this work and be able to get to it soon. 🙄

timraven

Just a little update, hopefully it's helpful.

I adjusted the lever and cut 5mm off the top, which worked great during a fabulous day at Afan yesterday.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Can you put a pic up? Can't work out what you mean. Intrigued!

timraven

At work at the mo, but will post one soon.

Little more description. I've cut 5mm off the top of the lever on top of the post, the one the cable attaches too, and wound the adjuster screw (on the same lever) in, so that the lever points slightly forward. Gives about 10mm of clearance.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Joplin v Spoon’ is closed to new replies.