Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Joplin 4 any good?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Seen a good deal on remote or lever Joplin 4’s and can’t afford a reverb.

How are these reliability wise? It’s the new gold collar version by the way.

deserter
    Free Member

my local shop had them all on special offer, when I asked I was told its because they are still crap and as such they are stopping doing them

I don’t have personal experience with joplins but I had a KS one for about 4 years and no probs at all, only got rid as I changed frames

kayak23

I preferred her first three albums.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve had one for nearly 2 years and it’s fine. There’s side to side play but you can’t feel it while you’re riding. I was having to take mine apart and grease it every couple of rides or it would stop working, then I fitted the seal off a Fox shock instead of the standard crap seal and I haven’t had to touch it since. That was ages ago too.

pastcaring
    Free Member

mines been good for the last 18 months. had one problem but was down to me **** up trying to add some air, i lost a little oil so the post wouldn’t stay up.

neil853
    Free Member

fitted the seal off a Fox shock instead of the standard crap seal and I haven’t had to touch it since

please tell me more…… Presume it’ll work on my Joplin 3?

mr_mills
    Free Member

fitted the seal off a Fox shock instead of the standard crap seal and I haven’t had to touch it since

please tell me more…… Presume it’ll work on my Joplin 3?

Not much more to tell really. The fox seal is a much tighter fit. Last time I checked though, you could only get these as part of a shock service kit which contains all the other seals / o-rings etc. Yes it will fit the Joplin 3. There have been a couple of threads about this before so do a search. It’s well worth fitting one though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Joplin 4 any good?’ is closed to new replies.