Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • jools hollands hootenanny
  • decky
    Free Member

WTF Adam ant, Petula Clark, Bobby Wommack,and i thought xfactor was sh-te

teethgrinder

Sky 310.

That is all.

colournoise

Dubliners FTW though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bobby Womack is always appreciated.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

House Party on Ch4.. 8)

teethgrinder

That Adam Ant backing singer with the PVC pirate dress might have to be the future Mrs Teethgrinder 😈

jekkyl

They couldn’t even get old Paul macca to come in & do his singalong about jude or something like he does every other weekend.

athgray
    Free Member

I normally quite like Jools at Hogmanay, however I have noted Jools orchestra can cover a multitude of sins. Also Adam Ant saw Pirates of the Carribean and thought a comeback was in order.

bruneep

teethgrinder – Member
    That Adam Ant backing singer with the PVC pirate dress might have to be the future Mrs Teethgrinder bruneep

ampthill

Adam Ant looks like Chipps!!

zippykona

Adam Ant is rocking to a very high standard.

teethgrinder

bruneep – Member
    teethgrinder – Member
    That Adam Ant backing singer with the PVC pirate dress might have to be the future Mrs Teethgrinder bruneep

Sod off. I have first dibs 😛

Taff
    Free Member

I thought its been pretty good. Liking the back singer too – not made of wood

jkomo

The Hives, mega.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep hootenany is embarassingly **** this year….I would plough that pvc clad singer though!

Jamie
    Free Member

I would plough that pvc clad singer though!

😐

zippykona

Liking the hives.

bruneep

What’s going on with her eyes?

zippykona

Come on ,one of you clever people can put up a picture of PVC lady.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Petula showing Macca how to continue singing into pension though.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m hammewrted Jamiec what is the issuie?

highclimber
    Free Member

I was upset to hear that it wasn’t live! is this really true?

Tom-B
    Free Member

it never is?

Taff
    Free Member

empy
    Free Member

The Hives! Why haven’t I seen them live…..new years resolution.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ok it’s not recent, but…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWkYNQtfCi0[/video]

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The backing singer is her from that whole Russel Brand/Jonathan Ross shennanigan

MrSparkle

I’ve enjoyed it. Jake Buggs has some **** talent. Terrahawk seems to be enjoying Adam Ant. PVC dress ftw though. Ding dong

bwaarp
    Free Member

On New Year’s Eve, music’s most odious penises gather together at the BBC and torture the general public with their ‘jams’. Marvel as Sting sings ‘Let it Be’ with the Goombay Dance Band while Lenny Henry plays the spoons. Oh look, there’s Ray Winstone and Tom Jones dancing to Sex Bomb with Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Beverley Knight! And ‘Who’s’ this in the audience? – why it’s a totally pissed David Tennant, tapping his funky Converse to those crazy beats! And then of course, there’s Jools, indiscriminately dropping doo-wop shit bombs all over everything. No matter what the song, whether it’s a plaintive folk ballad or the National Anthem of Swaziland, Jools will be there, liberally lacing it with mindless tinkling jazz wankery, like putting ketchup on a salad. Prick.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Some great soul voices (not from AdamAnt) and Jools’ band don’t half rock/groove/skank. I thought with this lineup it would be crap, but not so.

CountZero

I dunno where bwaarp got that from, although Hootenanny has been very boring and formulaic over the last few years, tonight’s was really excellent. A good bunch of people, doing some great songs, and everyone was putting on a really good performance and having a really excellent time. Hives were outstanding, I’d forgotten just how good they can be, Paloma and Emilie doing some really excellent soul, overall, really impressed.
    Vastly better than the turgid crap on TOTP in the afternoon.
    With the sole exception of The Maccabees; no idea what they were doing on there, so much better than anything else, they stuck out like a sore thumb!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘jools hollands hootenanny’ is closed to new replies.