Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Jools Holland
  • athgray
    Free Member

New series in a new studio. Looks like he has taken over a branch of Ikea.

ElShalimo

I don’t watch it for the decor

🤔

maccruiskeen

Seems smaller, more brightly lit with less audience.  The music is the music I guess but the show as a whole seems to lack atmosphere compared to older series – the audience seem slow to respond..

Watty

New CO-presenter. Has Jools had enough?

nick1962
    Free Member

If they’d played recordings of Jools Holland’s talking on repeat to the prisoners at Abu Ghraib Al Qaeda would’ve folded after a week.

theotherjonv

PP Arnold though…… 73!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think Jools has indeed had enough, and TBF he’s done an awesome job of hosting it.

I love Later..

theotherjonv

Now I rarely listen to music radio, it has almost become a more middle aged mainstream John Peel show to me – I’ve seen a few on here that have made me go and look properly for them and as a result get into some different music I wouldn’t have known about before.

Chvrches, Ghostpoet, Wolf Alice, just a few that immediately spring to mind as some I’ve seen for the first time on there. I know not DezB levels of esoterica but I wouldn’t have found them otherwise.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pretty good show if occasionally uneven. I forgive every moment I personally didn’t like just for this

russianbob
    Free Member

One thing to say about this deceitful man – the Hootenany is pre-recorded.

bikebouy
    Free Member

this deceitful man

Ohhh.. do tell..

maccruiskeen

I know – as a child I was once sitting in the TV lounge of a hotel watching Jim’ll Fix It when Jim’ll himself walked in to watch it himself. He confessed, when subjected to a grilling from my 6 year old fomer self, that although screened on a Saturday evening the show was actually recorded on a Thursday.

So if Jools is lying about time – what else might he be lying about?

Makes you think, eh.

136stu
    Free Member

Makes me think – were you sat on his knee at the time?

bigblackshed

Makes me think

Did Jim Fix It for you to milk a cow blindfolded?

neilthewheel

I stood next to Joolz in the lunch queue at the BBC canteen in Newcastle once. He had chips.

Rubber_Buccaneer

He had Chipps

😮

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I think Jools has indeed had enough, and TBF he’s done an awesome job of hosting it.

I love Later..

Nothing to do with that. The tender for the programme came up this year and the bidding production companies were tasked with revitalising the format as part of the bidding process.

JP

CountZero

No shit! Well, who’d a thunk it, I never would have guessed, etc, etc.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

In other shocking news strictly come dancing’s results show is recorded after Saturday’s live show! Blimey. It’s hardly a deceit.

Excellent talent on display during last nights episode, epitomised by PP Arnold and Steve Craddock.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Jools Holland’ is closed to new replies.