Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jones loop bar vs Surly corner bar
  • ibnchris

Looking for some new bars for my Travers RussTi. Mostly ride what some might call Gravel… in other words the odd bit of bridleway and farm tracks with plenty of country lanes.

Was thinking the surly corner bars as a kind of monster cross but then maybe the loop bars are just as practical for long pottery rides…any thoughts? Or alternatives?

luv2ride
    Free Member

I use PX Geoff bars (Jones copies): https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBOOGBV2/on-one-geoff-handlebar. Bought as a cheap try out, but have been on my Silk Road for 18mths or so. I do similar riding to you by the sound of it, and they’ve been ace. Got a Jones bag for the loop and can still use all the hand positions. Haven’t tried the Surly bars…

stevious

I’ve got the surly moloko that I use for similar riding. A bit less extreme than the corner bars but the horns on the front give the option of a surprisingly effective TT-style position for long headwindy road sections. It’s also where the rocket booster buttons are for my 4yo to press when he’s on the shotgun seat.

rOcKeTdOg

you’d need to make significant changes if running a corner bar on a standard mtb, they are a lot lower so a higher stem or rise would be needed. I had a set to review and put them on a hardtail
    Surly Corner Bar Review

shedbrewed
    Free Member

As another option I’ve been trying some Koga Denham bars out. Bar end shifters in the forward sections. The sweep is very nice although after many years of road bars they feel very wide to me. I went from an 80mm stem with drops to a 120mm stem to get the handgrips where it felt comfortable. This is on a road bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.