Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • JONES – anyone got a 24" I could throw a leg over?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone got a Diamond or Spaceframe with truss fork I could take a look at and not a million miles away from south west Brum (DY9)

Zillion thanks

singlespeedstu

Martin h has a 24″ spaceframe.

He’s down south though i think.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Ta, I’ll try and PM him – anyone else?

ton

land of the giants…….. 😯 😉

Houns

so there’s gonna be 2 (maybe 3) in the DY postcode region? Common as muck 😉

*moves from area*

rOcKeTdOg

bonesetter is a yam yam? blimey 😯

Houns

Well North Worcestershire/Yam Yam boundary like moi

tazzymtb

He’ll only be a YamYam if he’s blackcountry. Brummies get very funny about the linguist differences and the incorrect labeling of their speech impedimentregionaldialectsillyaccent. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

yes it always makes me chuckle that the posh folk of belbroughton have a dudley postcode

being born in wordesley myself, technically i’m a yam yam too (but i got smuggled out at 18 months old)

Houns

Ai Blakedown too ;0(

tazzymtb

Good lord, you funny talking midland people even get you own dialect dictionary! how terribly super 😉

http://www.thedialectdictionary.com/view/letter/Brummie/

http://www.thedialectdictionary.com/view/letter/Black+Country/

sc-xc

My son, and Ronnie O Sullivan were also born in Worsdley hospital.

singlespeedstu

so there’s gonna be 2 (maybe 3) in the DY postcode region?

There’s another one just up the road from me too.
    That ones a full custom build though.

Oh and correct me if i’m wrong houns but are you not originaly from Brierley Bonk? 😉

Houns

Blimey, i bet it has JJ thinking that DY is the mountain biking mecca of the UK

heh yeah well kinda, born in duglay

singlespeedstu

Blimey, i bet it has JJ thinking that DY is the mountain biking mecca of the UK

He has been to visit so sadly knows the truth. 😆

Houns

Has he really? I hope he was shown some good riding

singlespeedstu

He got taken to the peak district…

I’m not sure he’d have liked it up the mezza 😆

big-chief-96
    Free Member

there awfish cluthered shippen’s

bonesetter
    Free Member

He he, (Brum born and lived in Jeff Jones famous Yam Yam for 34 years and prefer it :-))

So, all this postcodes and accents talk is giving my thread lots of bumpage, but not that much further on finding a Large JONES

Looks like it’s trying your 23″ Stu 😉

wellhung
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

He’ll only be a YamYam if he’s blackcountry. Brummies get very funny about the linguist differences and the incorrect labeling of their speech impedimentregionaldialectsillyaccent.

He cor b a Black Country ite and a yam yam surely?

yams am Walsall no?

chiefgrooveguru

Are they sized by effective top tube length?

MrTall
    Free Member

Thought you were finally happy with your current stable of 29ers Nige?

That didn’t last long!!! Still unsure about the custom Strong or is it growing on you?

martinh
    Free Member

Yes I have and I’m not a million miles from DY, only about 120. Do you ever come dahn saath?

chiefgrooveguru

Is the Jeff Jones owner who’s been riding a fat front-tyred example near Brighton on here? If so that was me sessioning the same patch of woodland singletrack as you, twice in the same week… Nice bike!

timbur
    Free Member

cgg – there are a couple of owners in/near Brighton. It could have been Biff from the Outcast, Napalm or a chap in Haywards Heath to name but three :O)

chiefgrooveguru

I suppose it’s only to be expected in a town like this… Nichedom!

bonesetter
    Free Member

martinh – Member

Yes I have and I’m not a million miles from DY, only about 120. Do you ever come dahn saath?

Hey Martin – I think you may be da guy! Getting dahn would be no bother, cheers

I’m trying to decide right now between a sus fork or rigid, either on a custom ti Vertigo like this one or a Spaceframe Jones – I know tough call eh?

Or just sticking with my steel ‘AM’ Strong as MrTall points out and saving myself an awful of headaches and keeping my wallet intact

singlespeedstu

Mate you need to think long and hard about what you want.

There’s a vast difference between a truss forked bike and a 120mm travel bike…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Oh I have thought long and very hard – the answer is quite simple:

BOTH 😆

singlespeedstu

bonesetter – Member

Oh I have thought long and very hard – the answer is quite simple:

BOTH

Correct answer. 8)

martinh
    Free Member

I think I need a bigger shed

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Is the Jeff Jones owner who’s been riding a fat front-tyred example near Brighton on here? If so that was me sessioning the same patch of woodland singletrack as you, twice in the same week… Nice bike!

Yep that was me – I’ve been up there a lot recently – mines a 23″ I’ve also been using the normal front tyre this week – two bikes for the price of 4! 😉

I showed some riders around Stanmer last week – i was explaining to them about the truss fork – how stiff it was was and how the bike went where you pointed it, and one of them commented that he was trying to follow me on his hardtail and how the bike just wouldn’t turn as well.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘JONES – anyone got a 24" I could throw a leg over?’ is closed to new replies.