Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • johnny marr
  • manitou
    Free Member

I've seen most of the rock n roll guitar greats over the years. Can someone explain how on earth this Marr bloke qualifies as a guitar legend?
    Jingle jangle strummy strummy… (and I'm not some fan of shredding metal players before you jump to conclusions!)
    Got to be along with Jack White, the most over rated guitar player ever.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Do not feed. ^

iamsporticus
    Free Member

What did you think of hendrix?

Or did you go home and cry and want to die?

andylux
    Free Member

Mark Yates, Greatest Rock Gitarist eva!!!! Yeouch!

Nico
    Free Member

Johnny Marr is really good. I mean really really good. Just great chords. Which means great harmony. Not great effects pedals. Busy, yes, but endlessly fascinating. Great name too: Johnny Marr/ J'en ai marre.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am with you on this. I liked the smiths but there is only one sound to their music and the main thing was morriseys lyrics anyway

andylux
    Free Member

You're the one for me fatty!

myheadsashed

His live stuff with The The – brilliant…

nickc

Playing the guitar well doesn't have to be technically complex to be beautiful and moving.

scaredypants

Yeh, a sad loss. I used to love animal magic when I was a kid 😥

colnagokid

manitou-carlos Santana fan perhaps?

grievoustim
    Free Member

marr

I assume your reacting to him being on the cover of one of the guitar mags this month – i find it hilarious that they felt the need to justify his place there to their readers

he's one of those players who just sounds like himself and is instantly recognisable on record – unlike most of the widdley merchants featured in guitar mags

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘johnny marr’ is closed to new replies.