Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • JohnLewis
  • Premier Icon Sandwich

The new partnership ad is superb. Miss Miller. . .

Premier Icon Kuco

Thats great 🙂

Premier Icon Caher

One of the stores I hope does not get bazookerd by Amazon.

Premier Icon Drac

That was pretty cool.

Premier Icon SaxonRider

?

Premier Icon Drac

Premier Icon LeeW
    Free Member

Would been great if Brian May was the choreographer/teacher.

Cool advert though

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One of the stores I hope does not get bazookerd by Amazon

Quite. A partnership, one that treats staff well, sources products ethically, farms well (they’re over the hill from me) and prices competitively (Never knowingly undersold, etc) or…

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/mar/11/hired-six-months-undercover-in-low-wage-britain-zero-hours-review-james-bloodworth

Yet, for some, the lure of “cheaper” is more important than the people behind the products.

Premier Icon juanking

Epic!

Premier Icon peterno51

We will not let you go!

earworm engaged..

Premier Icon bigG
    Free Member

Yep, it’s a good ad. I’m a partner and it’s certainly very personal for me.  I just hope to god it encourages more customers to spend money with us otherwise the recent job losses will be followed by lots and lots more.

Premier Icon footflaps

Amazing!

Premier Icon solarider

That has to be the least ethnically diverse school in Britain! Unless the Partnership can make itself relevant to anybody other than little Tarquin’s parents and their banker friends Amazon will be snapping at their heels.

I love the partnership concept and we are big fans of both banners. The company has tremendous heritage and is a wonderful concept, but these saccharin sweet Middle England ads are beginning to get tired.

And if times are tough, why spend so much on a needless rebrand? Do they seriously think that anybody will stop saying ‘Waitrose’ and start saying ‘Waitrose and Partners’ and the same for John Lewis?

Am I just sounding like Mr Grumpy?

Premier Icon tinybits
    Free Member

Yes, much better to spend nothing on marketing and wait for the sales to come rolling in….

Premier Icon martinhutch

That has to be the least ethically diverse school in Britain!

I don’t know, some of them looked pretty unscrupulous.

Premier Icon solarider

You could spend money on marketing the partnership concept and the link between the 2 companies (to the 3 people in the country who aren’t already aware) without going to the expense of a rebrand and still deliver the same message at a lower cost, or even reinforce the message more by spending more on the media and less on needlessly changing signage, stationery, carrier bags, name badges, websites etc etc etc.

Love both brands, but think this ad is out of touch with the times and the diverse nature of the population that they need to be spending money in their stores. It is particularly unecessary given their profit hole. I am not usually sensitive to such things, but this is really blatant.

Premier Icon Drac

That has to be the least ethnically diverse school in Britain!

Errrrrr! Ok.

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

UR WTRSE HMMS IZ RCIST!

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Free Member

Sanitised lyrics. Pulled trigger… not dead.

Pretty cool though. Surprised not done as a Christmas ad.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

That has to be the least ethnically diverse school in Britain!

I spotted 4 BME, out of probably 30-40 kids, so bang on quota.

Great ad.

Premier Icon batfink

I thought that was ace – I suspect it WAS the Christmas ad but they’ve pulled it forward.

I think the rebrand is good too – trying to remind people that this isn’t just a faceless corporation (unlike their main competitor).

Premier Icon chrismac

I cant believe the band have allowed one of the best songs ever to be abused just to sell us more stuff. They cant be that desperate for the royalty fee

Premier Icon Drac

It’s almost as if there was a film coming out about Queen.

Premier Icon Sandwich

Drac such cynicism! 😀

Premier Icon Jamie
    Free Member

Yet, for some, the lure of “cheaper” is more important than the people behind the products.

Sometimes it’s less the lure and more the only option.

STW company excluded, obvs.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

I think the rebrand is good too – trying to remind people that this isn’t just a faceless corporation (unlike their main competitor).

Those that care already know

Those that don’t care (or can’t afford to care) still won’t care

Premier Icon thepodge
    Free Member

I cant believe the band have allowed one of the best songs ever to be abused just to sell us more stuff. They cant be that desperate for the royalty fee

Not seen the Flash advert then?

Premier Icon DezB

I cant believe the band have allowed one of the best songs ever to be abused

This is the band, whose singer, the main personality of their music and image, died and they carried on with someone from a TV talent show. Yeah I can’t believe they would let their poncy song be abused either. LOL.

Bloke who never speaks at my work, turned to me this morning and started telling me about this ad! Thing is, I hate Bohemian Rapsody, so I’ll never see it. Marvellous. 😆

Premier Icon chrismac

Not seen the Flash advert then?

Yes and its just as bad. At least its shorter

Premier Icon olddog

I should like everything about John Lewis – price matching, warranties, employee ownership -but the smugness and artificial sweetness  of the adverts really winds me up.

Premier Icon cynic-al

I’d hate to see it go but it’s not that great, it just shows how crap our high streets are IMO.

As per oldog, it’s dull middle-ageness in bricks and mortar. I’ve shopped for some hifi there recently and the product knowledge was abysmal – reading off the box etc.

Never knowingly undersold

B0llocks!

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

There’s a Waitrose on my way home from work…. I like going there.

Bought some Wi\Fi stuff from JL on Monday on a price match against Currys, picked it up yesterday, emailed them my order number and requested the difference refund at 10am, refund confirmation email arrived at 11:30.

Good service.

I’ll alwys buy from them if I can.

Premier Icon PrinceJohn

Good rip off of School of Rock showing Spinal Tap sensibilities.

Premier Icon Frankenstein
    Free Member

Best after sales service I’ve ever had.

5 year warranty for free?

One of ny TV’s blew after 2 years. They replaced the panel and motherboard £260 worth of parts and plus an hour of labour.

Now my main TV (4yr old) signal pickup is playing up.  Repair techy is coming next week.

Why would buy elsewhere?

Premier Icon gauss1777
    Free Member

You’d have thought they could have found children who could sing. I thought it was cringeworthy.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice ad.

Premier Icon muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I cant believe the band have allowed one of the best songs ever to be abused

If their fans can forgive them for breaking the United Nations cultural boycott to play Sun City in apartheid South Africa I’m sure they’ll get over a bit of advertising.

Premier Icon twinw4ll
    Free Member

No one should ever have to listen to children singing.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘JohnLewis’ is closed to new replies.