Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Johnathon Pie – Does anyone watch him on YT?
  • v7fmp

I have been watching him for a while and he seems to just encompass all my thoughts about the world of politics (mostly British).

Its pretty funny to watch… until you realise its a pretty cold hard truth… which then becomes pretty depressing pretty quickly. such highs and lows in a short space of time 😀

https://www.youtube.com/c/JonathanPie

what are your thoughts on his ramblings?

tjagain

Once was funny and enough. After that I found him tiresome.

ThePinkster

Not a regular watcher but do look in occasionally.

As you say, I find him funny but at the same time he speaks a very deep truth that I find is very sad.

lovewookie

watched a bit, lost touch over lockdowns, then caught up a little more recently. always found his rants good, remind me a bit of the mark thomas comedy product.

also allows me to understand a bit more about the STW arguments. 😉

scud
    Free Member

I like him, whilst it is very much an act, he says exactly what I and many are thinking, but then again I love Mark Thomas and Mark Steele, and anyone that is prepared to constantly call our current governments mistakes and seek to keep them in check (I was hoping that an actual opposition party might do it, but until then i’ll have to make do with opinionated comedians)!

boltonjon

i think he’s great and watch every episode!

convert

I like him/it.

It is important to remember that he/it is a construct of Tom Walker but isn’t Tom Walker. Done for comic effect and ultimately clicks and income. As I nod and smile along I have to frequently remind myself that I, as someone who elects to watch it, am just getting refed my own opinions as confirmation in the same way a Daily Mailer is by their printed wafflings. That way there be dragons and some caution is required.

binners

He seems to be howling into the void so I don’t have to.

Kryton57

I agree with TJ. I don’t really need another expletive laden rant in my life.

james-rennie

I do like the character, but can only take him in small doses; although I agree with much of what I’ve heard, I find his ranting act quite convincing, enough so that it can make me feel some stress. If I met someone in real life ranting like that I’d either have to ask them to turn it down, or walk away. Or both.

desperatebicycle

Yeah, watch it whenever I remember. It’s too damn true to be funny anymore, unfortunately.

mashr

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Yeah, watch it whenever I remember. It’s too damn true to be funny anymore, unfortunately.

There’s a certain pain that comes with being reminded that your new Foreign Secretary thinks that drones are afraid of dogs

hatter

I’m a bit wary of him as he stared out on RT and relentless cynicism and negativity about Western-style democracy is very much ‘helpful’ to RT’s agenda.

He has tried to distance himself since and insists they never influenced his output but anyone who’s taken RT’s money should be treated with caution IMHO.

That said, whilst a bit of a one trick pony he can be pretty funny and he definately appeals to the ‘dispairing liberal’ demographic to which I very much belong. Good in small doses.

grum
    Free Member

Sometimes funny/insightful but shtick is getting tired and I’m less keen since I found it it’s a creation of someone from Spiked.

https://libcom.org/blog/unsurprising-reason-jonathan-pie-rants-sound-straight-out-spiked-06022018

Cougar

What’s RT?

grum
    Free Member

Russia Today

fasthaggis

I like him, whilst it is very much an act, he says exactly what I and many are thinking, but then again I love Mark Thomas and Mark Steele, and anyone that is prepared to constantly call our current governments mistakes and seek to keep them in check (I was hoping that an actual opposition party might do it, but until then i’ll have to make do with opinionated comedians)!

Every single word of this^^
    It’s just a shame that he often leaves me feeling a great sadness and the overwhelming fear that there is no hope.

Cougar

Russia Today

Aha. Thanks.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Posted 1 hour ago

^^^^Sadly,this^^^

MoreCashThanDash

Despite the endless opportunities the government keeps presenting him with, I find its got a bit samey.

I quite like the man in the other room thing, or whatever its called, which I seem to have missed until recently. The one trying to get Starmer to pay for social care via a wealth tax had me and Jnr ranting at the lack of bottle from the so called leader of the so called opposition.

dyna-ti

You have to laugh 😕 F****g cry otherwise

I prefer ‘A different Bias’

monkeyboyjc

I like him and his rants, but mainly see them on FB.

I do wonder if he’d carry on with the same act if someone else was in power, the current leadership provide copious amounts of material for him. I’m sure he’d find something to fire spittle at.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Johnathon Pie – Does anyone watch him on YT?’ is closed to new replies.