Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • John Lydon
  • kayak23

My god, bit late to see this clip, saw it while surfing some epic punk clips last night but, is there a more overbearing, opinionated, arrogant, weapons grade, god complexed cockwomble of a human on the entire planet?

Henry Rollins just looks like he’ll explode with embarrassment and Marky Ramone does well not to flatten the ridiculous, butter-munching ****wit!

So kind of him to allow the token female a couple of sentences eventually too, and so nice of him to compliment a female audience member on her tits.

I cannot stand seeing this bloke in any punk documentary that pops up but he’s always wheeled out as if he’s the only one that was there. What an arrogant and despicable character he is.

This line up is to do with the recent documentaries on Netflix where the origins are explored. A good watch if you’ve not seen.

YOU DIDN’T INVENT IT LYDON SO SIT THE **** DOWN!

Sorry… and relax. 😠😉😂

hols2
    Free Member

Well, he got famous for acting like a ****, no idea whether that’s what he’s really like or he’s just putting on an act (or maybe he’s been putting on an act so long he no longer knows the difference), but I’d rather listen to his music than some lame talentless dick like Billy Joel.

Drac

My god, bit late to see this clip, saw it while surfing some epic punk clips last night but, is there a more overbearing, opinionated, arrogant, weapons grade, god complexed cockwomble of a human on the entire planet?

Trump.

boomerlives
    Free Member

I do recall someone meeting Lydon backstage and he was pleasant and matey.

In front of the cameras he was transformed into a full blown monster just by having an audience.

I doubt he cares about anything much other than what’s in the fridge these days; it’s all a pantomime to keep himeself ‘relevant’

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Can’t sing for sh1t & barely a musician..

Always thought Strummer was better & Jones….well, in a different league again.

jekkyl

ever feel like you’ve been cheated?

kayak23

Yes, yes I do..

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

You could be right, you could be wrong…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anger is an energy…

mooman
    Free Member

Never mind, its all boll@cks

frankconway

Next year we will have 54 opportunities to avoid him; he’s doing a ‘speaking’ tour aka promoting a book.
    I won’t be buying one of the 5,000 signed copies.
    His Lincoln gig has tickets ‘…from £30’ with meet’n’greet at £75; that’s a week’s earnings in the area!
    He needs the money.
    Not for me.

gnusmas

He’s coming to Carmarthen soon too. Not seeing him myself but I know some people that are. Not sure why though?

FB-ATB

John Piedon?

kelvin

Can I still enjoy Open Up?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

@kayak23 Are you the guy who shouted “Lydon, you’re shit!” at every opportunity when PIL were supporting the Roses a few years ago?

JP

jkomo

No one beats Polly Styrene, her lyrics are probably more relevant now than ever, her vocals more visceral than the men, just wish I’d seen the X-Ray Specs live.
    Let’s face it, no one has more to rebel against than a mixed race working class woman in the seventies.

jkomo

wordnumb
    Free Member

C**ntry Life.

rOcKeTdOg

Can’t sing for sh1t & barely a musician..

Wasn’t that the whole ethos of punk music?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I can forgive him for pretty much anything because of the music.

DavidB
    Free Member

Yep he is definitely at the pointy end of a bell. But “Holiday’s in the Sun” is one of the greatest songs ever and I forgive him for that alone.

dudeofdoom

In front of the cameras he was transformed into a full blown monster just by having an audience.

Stage persona Innit giving people what they expect him to be like.

singlespeedstu

jkomo.
    Cheers for posting that up.
    Never seen in before.
    Great viewing.

Kryton57

Whats the reference to Ian Astbury / The Cult?

kayak23

@kayak23 Are you the guy who shouted “Lydon, you’re shit!” at every opportunity when PIL were supporting the Roses a few years ago?

No, wasn’t me. Good idea though. 👍

senorj

Shame.i saw that a few months ago.It appears that since his long term partner has developed Alzheimer’s he’s started to drink. A lot. Quite sad really.
    Anger certainly is an energy.

jkomo

SSStu, glad you liked it.

binners

Could be worse. Could be Morrisey

dannyh
    Free Member

The Pistols were as much of a confected boy band as One Direction. Tell him that, the self-obsessed ladypart.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

@eddiebaby did you link to Turquoise Days there, as well as PiL? Only it’s something I’ve been listening to a lot recently and wondered if I’m only seeing that due to some YT algorithm.
    I always thought PiL were WAY better than Pistols, though mostly in the 80s. When he was wheeled out a few years ago, it was obvious where all the talent had gone.

kaiser
    Free Member

I thought he was hilarious!
    The show was for entertainment purposes and I’m sure it entertained many.

tjagain

dannyH – thats the point. Even thought you are being cheated? the great rock and roll swindle? Who did kill bambi?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Billy Joel , lame talentless dick ? Really , you may not like his music but he has more talent in his little finger than Lyndon .

hols2
    Free Member

you may not like his music but he has more talent in his little finger than Lyndon .

He’s the epitome of mediocrity. Dull and cliched. Sort of the musical equivalent of Tom Hanks.

BillMC

John Lardon?

kayak23

God save the Quorn?

Pigface
    Free Member

When I was 16 met him in Cardiff before a PIL gig, I was completely starstruck and he was really cool to us. Warned us to watch out for idiots at the show, signed autographs and photos.

Cougar

did you link to Turquoise Days there, as well as PiL? Only it’s something I’ve been listening to a lot recently and wondered if I’m only seeing that due to some YT algorithm.

There’s something odd going on there, I got Gun / Word Up.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

did you link to Turquoise Days there, as well as PiL? Only it’s something I’ve been listening to a lot recently and wondered if I’m only seeing that due to some YT algorithm.

There’s something odd going on there, I got Gun / Word Up.

Gojira Global Warming (and then Mastodon viewing the thread a second time) here. YT thing, I guess. Listened to both of them recently.

I actually thought eddiebaby was making a link between the PiL track and Gojira’s Global Warming, implying the former was somehow related to the latter. Not totally impossible as it turns out! (well, in my mind anyway!)

Cougar

The link includes a “list” parameter which seems to work if you go directly to the URL but does something funky when it’s embedded. From looking at the URL, I think he meant to link to this:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘John Lydon’ is closed to new replies.