Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • John Lewis advert
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s out

Depressingly the day after Bonfire night, guess that’s the way things are now 🙁

Anyway, don’t think it’s as good as past ones, but sure some rooms will get dusty…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuz2ILq4UeA[/video]

Kryton57

*sniff*

Bloody cold germs…

iainc

belter indeed !

Heard on the radio this morning that for every £1 they spend on tv advertising they get an extra £10 store revenue

maccruiskeen

I don’t get the christmas feeling until I’ve seen the first John Lewis advert first really good John Lewis advert spoof

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfuGsbK0Io[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Looks at calendar …shakes head walks away muttering bah humbug to himself

martinhutch

Faked

scandal42
    Free Member

Not even late November

wwaswas

I don’t get the christmas feeling until I’ve seen the first John Lewis advert first really good John Lewis advert spoof

here you go.

2nd one gets a bit gruesome later on…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPVC3oty-10[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09e5DO1uwXs[/video]

Drac

Bloody hell that’s a good one.

mark90
    Free Member

Where is the version with the original track dubbed over it?

BoardinBob

scandal42 – Member

Not even late November

This +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Two shops have lost my business this week. Goods in hand on the way to the till when suddenly I realised they were playing Christmas music in the firsts ****ing week in November!!! Put the stuff back on the shelf and walked out.

For the record, Christmas is awesome but all this nonsense is just engineered to squeeze as much money out of folk as possible and to put pressure on them. Capitalism at its very worst.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

What a load of drivel.

“For the record, Christmas is awesome but all this nonsense is just engineered to squeeze as much money out of folk as possible and to put pressure on them. Capitalism at its very worst.”

Hear hear.

Kryton57

chipsngravy – Member
    What a load of drivel.

“For the record, Christmas is awesome but all this nonsense is just engineered to squeeze as much money out of folk as possible and to put pressure on them. Capitalism at its very worst.”

Hear hear.

Like the smartphone thread, only if you choose to subject yourself to it…

Drac

Two shops have lost my business this week. Goods in hand on the way to the till when suddenly I realised they were playing Christmas music in the firsts ****ing week in November!!! Put the stuff back on the shelf and walked out.

🙄

rOcKeTdOg
    mark90
    Free Member

I think they missed a trick with the casting of the man in the moon….

wwaswas

This is almost as good as the real thing 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxQ2jk66ls[/video]

doris5000

<covers eyes, sticks fingers in ears>

not gonna look! ➡

sharkbait
    Free Member

#bringbackthepenguin

doris5000

speaking as someone who works in marketing though, i probably should look, because what a perfect example of everything held holy in marketing.

an advert that people like so much they post it on message boards and tell other people to watch.

an event.

shareable content.

delicious, wonderful, content

Drac

This is almost as good as the real thing

Ironically his hashtag is John Lewis’ message this year. 😆

maccruiskeen

all this nonsense is just engineered to squeeze as much money out of folk as possible and to put pressure on them. Capitalism at its very worst.”

I leave all my christmas preparation pretty much to christmas eve – but thats because – a) I have quite a small extended family, no children and very few people to plan and cater for. and b) I’m reasonably well off.

Shops would argue that they put christmas stock out as early as a lot of people start shopping that early. Christmas will be the biggest thing they do all year and if you’re on modest means and have a lot people to cater for then buying a little bit at a time, over time, is the way people prefer to achieve that.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think it’s clever, a pseudo-satirical look at what Gary Glitter’s life would be like in 20 years. Is he on the moon because he was exiled there, or did he go willingly and he has a sex slave in that shack? Still trying to make contact with small children without their parents knowing. I know we see the girl make first contact, but there must have been something before, otherwise how did he know who sent the telescope and where to look? Eh?

wwaswas

that whole ‘he’s a paedo’ thing seems to be quite prevalent on twitter too.

All seems a bit, well, unnecessary. And really is that the best humour people can extract from it old man = paedo?

bencooper
    Free Member

All seems a bit, well, unnecessary. And really is that the best humour people can extract from it old man = paedo?

Not at all – it’s the weird way there’s no explanation why he’s on the moon, no explanation why it’s only a small girl who makes contact. Plot-wise it makes no sense. The paedo thing is a jokey way of making a plot that makes sense.

Drac

Not at all – it’s the weird way there’s no explanation why he’s on the moon,

Ermm! The man on the moon. 😕

wwaswas

So a padeophile being launched to the moon, with a house and a bench and surviving there with no apparent oxygen supply is a plot that makes sense?

bencooper
    Free Member

Doesn’t make sense scientifically, but at least holds together as a plot.

wwaswas

as Drac said – the man on the moon has always lived there, he doesn’t need a plot device does he?

Drac

So a padeophile being launched to the moon, with a house and a bench and surviving there with no apparent oxygen supply is a plot that makes sense?

😆

bencooper
    Free Member

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t think of that connection because that the man in the moon, not on the moon.

Drac

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t think of that connection because that the man in the moon, not on the moon.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_B7CT_-Cs[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, if we’re going to use CBeebies as evidence… 😉

hels
    Free Member

This was on the BBC NEWS this morning, yes that’s right NEWS.

I am now boycotting both BBC news for finally becoming totally pointless, and Christmas.

13thfloormonk

Yeah, bit embarrassed for the Guardian Website as well, making a story out of a new John Lewis advert… 😳

hels
    Free Member

Nooooooo, Not the Guardian !! How will I know what to think ??

Drac

Nooooooo, Not the Guardian !! How will I know what to think ??

Daily Mail.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent.

Business is so competitive now retailers who wait till December are dead. Black Friday copied from the US Thanksgiving sales has meant your full price sales have to be done prior, ie in early November as the bargain hunters wait till Black Friday which is now a major focus for the Christmas market, miss hitting your sales targets by then you are dead.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Jesus that was depressing 🙁

pedropete

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘John Lewis advert’ is closed to new replies.