Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • John Inverdale
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Does anyone else find him irritating, he seems uninterested and even turned away to look at the track when Michael Johnson was answering a question Inverdale asked him. I think he is an arse.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Did you see him choking back the tears with the light weight rowers who came 2nd? He cares.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know he is an arse.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Did you see him choking back the tears with the light weight

Nah must of been his makeup running into his eyes.

Markie
    Free Member

Less of an arse than Colin Jackson, so that’s something.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’m glad i’m not the only one. I assume he’s continues to get work because he knows loads of people in sport and broadcasting. Give me Humphrey and Balding over him any day. Hell, even Linekar.

Pigface
    Free Member

Cant stand him and he is worse when it comes to rugby than the Olympics

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I always used to chuckle when some sweaty meat head pushed him into a pool every xmas on the worlds strongest man.

Pieface

He looks like a bi-product of experimental plastic surgery in the 70s

martymac

there was some **** on bbc a couple of mins ago imparting some gems of wisdom about the olympic 100m final, such as ‘its not the type of race where you just run as fast as possible’ and ‘its not about trying to win gold’
    really?
    i obviously have completely the wrong idea about racing.

loddrik
    Free Member

Not as irritating as Nick Knowles, I **** hate that man.

brakes
    Free Member

I quite like him.
    yes, he’s an arrogant arse, but he’s not got a rod up his arse, he’s confident, he’s polished with a few scratches and he’s funny.

jimmy
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

For some reason, I look at Inverdale and can’t help that think he could ultimately become the next David Icke. No idea why I think that though!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

My wife thinks that he’s always pissed! She’s a big tennis fan and said that some of his comments during Wimbledon were very random!

diggers
    Free Member

rapidly morphing into Mark Lawrenson

Edric64
    Free Member

I think Inverdale is fine ,I have no problem with his presenting at all

Crell
    Free Member

Forget Inverdale, Colin Jackson is where the TV venom needs to be directed. He’s terrible.
    He reminds me of that “royal commentator” on the Armstrong and Millar show coming out with speculation constantly. He sounds like he’s reading from a script of cliches.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know he is an arse.

Wow, that’s, like, really impressive.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Humphrey and balding? Do one!

Poopsies
    Free Member

I like him and have always liked the stuff he does with rugby. He seems to have a sense of humour. I’d happily never see Balding present anything on tv ever again though.

Harry_the_Spider

I have an irrational dislike of him. Can’t quite put my finger on why though.

[doesalittleclap]Colin Jackson on the other hand, I love his camp enthusiasm. [/doesalittleclap]

thegreatape
    Free Member

I hope you’re not all slagging off Balding just because he’s got a bit of a girly voice.

Taxi.

TooTall
    Free Member

At least Jackson is enthusiastic and has a bit of subject knowledge. Inverdale and the crisp-eater just make noise to fill space.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Invardale has been super arrogant in the past, think he’s been better recently.

But pundit saying something alone the lines of ….”I’m lost for words”… Grrr…. No that’s not the right answer, Say something/anything… that’s what we’re are paying you for!! Lazy gets.

Oh… and why do we have to see the pundits “unedited” reaction to the what’s happening infront of them? I’d prefer ordinary punters in the crowd smiling, cheering, crying with pride.

(Thankyou STW for allowing me to get that off my chest… while I’m at it…. Asymmetric bars, ASYMMETRIC bars 👿 )

donsimon
    Free Member

Having seen Inverdale interviewing the rowing crews a matter of seconds after having competed, I feel that the athletes should be given a bit of time after the events to recompose themselves before offering their profound insights into what happened during the race. Cav has the “I’m not ready to be interviewed yet” attitude down to a T.
    Invers might be an arse, but he’s not helped by circumstance.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I like him, and Balding too.
    Jackson is there as expert viewpoint and to add a bit of flounce.
    The Olympic live commentary though has been somewhat lacking, watching hockey has been painful – absolutely clueless and full of inane comments.
    As a devout disliker of Alan Green, I did find him rather good during his sessions, not his usual PITA negative comments when we are subjected to 24/7 Wendyball on R5 for 9 months of the year.
    😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Jackson was on top form last night

“Look at wotsizname coming through!!!”

He did guess the time of the 100m though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Wow, that’s, like, really impressive.

😆

totalshell

Inverdale is rank.. he makes up stuff and sticks to a point even when pointed out hes wrong.. last night he insisted that carl lewis wasnt in the modern era and that he’d been beaten fairly by drug cheat johnson.
    get back to the radio and take your jkts with you ..

in a similar vein why do we have to put up with denise chip on my shoulder lewis. if its not women getting enough SPY time its black athletes getting a bad deal in uk.. TOWIE clothing world owes me a living attitude .. dont need it.

kimbers

inverdale is a bell end fact

he wears blazers ffs!

anagallis_arvensis

John Invertwat

I think the floodgates will open in the second hald and England will run away with this

or words to that effect halftime England v Wales Twickenham 2008

Having said that he’s better than Gary **** I’m bored Lineker, at least Inverdale is into it. That bloke from Countryfile has been the best, he almost made me intrested in Gymnastics.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Inverdale I still can’t warm too, I think he’s slowly loosing his neck, on occasion I’ve heard inspiration fall from his lips but on the whole.. he’s a bit dull, but then he’s done well in his Rugby career so has depth of knowledge and all that.

Was in the Balding Haterz camp for some time until she got on a bike and toured around the Dales, which I thought was a most excellent programme. Now she is most insightful and fits the BBC rather well and I like her Horsy attitude.

Gary Linakers accent is going more “Burminum” by the day and I’m getting irritated the more I see his face.

Shirley Robinson I like, but I know her.

That Guy in the rib, the one trying desperately to get Ben to bite needs one of his lungs deflating to calm him down a bit, or come off the helium.

The bloke who commentated on the rowing.. another fella that needs to calm down a bit and lay off the helium.

I all very few of the commentators I’ve had the privilege to watch have actually been encouraging when someone has won Silver rather than Gold, which I find irritating like having sand in your shorts.

10pmix
    Free Member

Inverdale’s clash with Michael Johnson over Carl Lewis last night summed him up nicely. What a total pillock.

But the prize knob is Colin Jackson who seems to have been hired purely to irritate everyone watching. His “commentary” on the opening ceremony was excruciating. Calling St. Kitts “St. Nitts” was a classic as well as not knowing who the lead singer in the The Who was can calling the song “A Message to You” by the Specials “Two Tone”. And the rest of the time it was say what you see or read from ‘schoolboy geography for dummies’.

The BBC’s choice of pundits is incredibly poor. I cite John Mcenroe being asked his insight on the Mens Road Race is a prime example. Even he looks a bit confused as to why he’s there..

lazybike
    Free Member

BBC 1 coverage has been dire, too much chat, same point made over and over…. I want to watch sport, not presenters….

scuttler

The BBC’s choice of pundits is incredibly poor

Surely Michael Johnson is the glorious exception to this.

Stuey01
    Free Member

The most irritating presenting in all the Olympic coverage is the dappy woman on 5 live, no idea what her name is but I don’t think she has any actual interest in sport. My god she is annoying. Stupid question after stupid question.

Gabby Logan is really good on the highlights prog IMO.
    Michael Johnson is, as ever, brilliant as a pundit. I think we are lucky to have him on British TV, I wonder why he doesn’t work for one of the big American sports networks?
    Ian Thorpe a big coup for the bbc as well, I thought he was really good on the swimming, knowledgeable, self-deprecating and funny. He’s also genuinely been there and done it.
    I’m a balding fan, haven’t always been but a few turns on comedy show like hignfy where she was genuinely funny and I’ve warmed to her. She does her research too.
    Colin Jackson is a prat but he’s there as light relief.

Inverdale is good on the rugby and I liked him when be was comforting those rowers and got all choked up himself. He’s not been great on the Olympics but not so bad as to wind me up as he obviously has some of you.

mboy
    Free Member

The BBC’s choice of pundits is incredibly poor. I cite John Mcenroe being asked his insight on the Mens Road Race is a prime example. Even he looks a bit confused as to why he’s there..

Johnson and Thorpe aside, I’ve been quite confused too. Wheel McEnroe out for any Tennis insight absolutely, but having him there for pretty much everything else? Why?

Michael Johnson is as has been pointed out already, an absolute legend. That he works for the BBC rather than a big US Network is awesome. His subject knowledge is quite rightly 2nd to none, but he’s also a natural presenter and commentator. Ian Thorpe is superb too IMO.

Hugh Porter has been a nightmare, and to be honest, needs putting down to do him a favour! Or at least pensioning off…

But here’s a question for you… Why have Jake Humphreys and Gary Lineker featured so heavily on so many sports, but we’ve hardly seen any of Sue Barker outside the Tennis? Sue may not be to everyone’s tastes, but she’s vastly more knowledgable about a whole array of different sports than these two (don’t get me wrong, I think Jake is brilliant with F1, but his knowledge of other sports leaves a lot to be desired), so why does she feature so lightly?

Impressed by Gabby Logan in the evenings too. Used to dislike her, simply cos she was essentially the female face of Football, but she knows her stuff about pretty much any sport these days it would seem.

As for Colin Jackson? He’s only ever been in there for the same reason he always has been… Comedy value. He’s harmless enough (as long as they don’t let him talk when you NEED to be PC, like in the opening ceremony), his enthusiasm works for lots of people less involved though as he is bonkers mad.

Balding? Usually very good, personally I think she’s been off form this Olympics, maybe cos she’s spent so much time at the pool when she’s been wanting to cover the Horses? Certainly she’s shown gaps in her knowledge about swimming on live TV…

EDIT: Oh, and as for Inverdale… He’s got worse as he’s got older hasn’t he! I remember when he started covering Rugby ages ago, and he was like a breath of fresh air, he knew his stuff but didn’t come across as arrogant or annoying. These days it’s like he’s not bothered by anything, just wants to take his big pay cheque home, and do as little work as possible. And Lineker… Needs to do more homework too on sports he’s less familiar with!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The guy who commentates on the pommel horse stuff* sounds like he should be a character on the Fast Show.

*Which is pretty astonishing

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘John Inverdale’ is closed to new replies.