Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • John Fogerty/CCR Appreciation
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Great, weren’t they. I’ve just found this on You Tube:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0NjeZyhUU[/video]

It really drives home what a talented guy Fogerty is.

SaxonRider

I love that band, but am always surprised at who little they seem to resonate with people. I can’t think of a single friend of mine that likes them.

Do they have some kind of negative association? They were referred to in an episode of ‘Archer’ as a band that only the weird guy liked.

Oh well. Whatever the case, I agree with you, OP, and think they, and Fogarty, are great.

BoardinBob

Awesome band. Their music conjures up so much imagery of the time

mikey74
    Free Member

Really? I know quite a lot of people who like them. I do wonder if to some they seem a bit “aggressive”, almost hard rock. Most of my mates, including myself, are into metal and hard rock, so this is mellow for me :mrgreen:

mikey74
    Free Member

I never realised, until I read them a few minutes ago, how dark the lyrics to Bad Moon Rising are. I guess that may put some people off.

tommid
    Free Member

One of the greatest bands of all time and seemingly unappreciated now. Inspiration for so many other great bands.

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone listened to some of Fogerty’s solo stuff?

sheck

Saw him live with Springsteen last year … He was great and reminded me a lot of listening to music with my Dad when during my early teens he was trying to persuade me that real music needed guitars rather than Michael Jackson etc!

cinnamon_girl

I used to really enjoy their music but suspect they were seen as a little ‘uncool’ by some. Don’t forget that around this time there was an amazing amount of new music with different genres and boundaries being pushed. *Sigh* I remember it well!

Born on the Bayou is my fave. 8)

mikey74
    Free Member

he was trying to persuade me that real music needed guitars rather than Michael Jackson etc!

Your Dad is a wise man indeed.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you for posting that vid, it was excellent. The last track was particularly stonking with him on harmonica. 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

They were a bit left field of the west coast/hippy/psychedelics which went global, playing a more American southern style. They were and still are huge in America I believe, appealing to the southern central red neck types. Same as the Grateful Dead, were/are massive at home, but not really revered elsewhere or remembered.
    there are a lot of british bands who were huge in their time and had loads of hits, but now almost forgotten, bands like The Pretty Things.

ninepack
    Free Member

I was brought up on this stuff. Love Creedence. Sing my ass off in the car to Have You Ever Seen The Rain & put a candle in the window. Bad moon risin is still in my top 3 all time favourite songs.

Music has no sell by date if it’s written this well..

mav12
    Free Member

Saw him at hard rock last year thought he was briliant

molgrips
    Free Member

I bought a double CD of their hits on a whim a while back, partly cos I was buying CDs of old bands I’d heard of in a vaguely cool context, and partly cos The Dude listens to them. It’s frigging ace! Always gets cranked up when it comes on in the car.

“Now when I was just a little boy standin’ to my Daddy’s knee
    My Poppa said son don’t let the man get you do what he done to me”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘John Fogerty/CCR Appreciation’ is closed to new replies.