• This topic has 39 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tails.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Joe Cole – What's he actually for?
  • IvanDobski

Other than running into trouble, not passing and missing penalties?

He annoyed me when he played for Chelsea, now he's playing for the team I support it's even worse.

Archaic

At least he made a single worthwhile contribution in an otherwise dire team performance. Why Lucas Leiva still wears a red shirt I will never know.

Joe Cole – premiership man totty to keep teenage girls happy.

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

He would turn in his gravy

villa got a good result with their reserve team tonight, you can tell it was a shit villa team as Heskey started.

Sorcery and trickery according to the commentator. Couldn't work a spell on that penalty to put it in though could he.

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

i hear he is quite fast in a car
    120mph fast
    he has had a bad week

now he's playing for the team I support

Try supporting him then. Did you watch him play against Rabotnicki in the last round? Fantastic. Liverpool swapped Benayoun for Cole, and got several million quid off Chelsea? Best bit of transfer bargaining in ages. Arsenal and Spurs would love to have got Joe Cole.

So he missed a penalty. So what? He created the only goal, and his work-rate was as fantastic as ever. Joe Cole always gives it his all, and is a great player. Trabsonspor aren't a shit team, and played pretty well.

Liverpool had a B team out tonight and still got a result. Bigger game on Sunday to consider.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

Arsenal and Spurs would love to have got Joe Cole.

Spurs maybe, but Arsenal? You're havin' a larf, innit.

Not at all. Joe Cole is the skilful sort of player Venger seems to love. I think most premier league clubs and a fair few big European clubs would jump at the chance to have Joe Cole in their side.

I expect JC to shine at Liverpool. Remind people what a great player he is.

project

Is he the gay lad off X facor thingy,didnt know he played with a football.

Joe Cole is like most english players, vastly overrated and has achieved very little himself.

Achieved very little? Eh? 3 PL titles and 2 FA Cups with Chelsea!

He's been set back by injuries and Abrahamovitch. Watch him flourish at Anfield.

How many of those titles did Joe Cole play a dominating role in? Joe Cole has not been a driving force at Chelsea and will not be as crucial to Liverpool as Torres or Gerrard.

Ro5ey

Spurs did very well in missing out on him.

We've got enough little jiggery pokery wingers with no end product… lennon, bentley, dos santos

Ro5ey

"Not at all. Joe Cole is the skilful sort of player Venger seems to love"

Ha… yep you are right…. fannying about with the ball in the last third without getting a shot away… just like lots of other Arsenal players

So shut up!

Ro5ey

"So Shut up"

Are you aged 8

😆

Subscriber

Not at all. Joe Cole is the skilful sort of player Venger seems to love. I think most premier league clubs and a fair few big European clubs would jump at the chance to have Joe Cole in their side

Just what Arsenal need, another pint-sized flair player – like… Cesc, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Vela, Wilshire etc. Which is why I queried your original comment that Arsenal would love to have him. We already have loads of Cole-like players, most of them better than him. Why would we want another one?

Fabregas is off to Barca at some stage, Arseshaving disappears from at least half the games he plays, the others are powder-puffs and lose their bottle at the slightest hint of having to work to get a result (be honest, Liverpool would have done you had Cole stayed on the pitch- you had to rely on Reina gifting you a point). Cole would at least give it some, unlike most of the current Arsenal team. You'd love Joe Cole if he played for you. And considering how much Arsenal fans hype up their players, he'd achieve God-like status within a few weeks.

tails

joe cole is good enough you don't play for a premier league team without being very good! i was a bit surprised fergie didn't get him for cheap as i would say he is more proved than valencia. I'm even more surprised ozil went to real for what £12m thought the prem guys would have had him.

avdave2

When a club lets a players contract run out so he if free to move to any of their rivals it tells you all you need to know about how they regard that player.

tails

come on elf I'm no gooner fan hell I even think their "football" is a bit overrated but they are a better prem outfit than pool http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_FA_Premier_League_table

When a club lets a players contract run out so he if free to move to any of their rivals it tells you all you need to know about how they regard that player.

What often happens is that it's the player that lets it run. Often, it's the club saying, ok, no future for you here, but you've given the club great service. Off you go and get yourself a whopping great signing-on fee. We don't need the money. Sometimes it's the club not wanting the player, fair enough, but not always.

Ro5ey

That all time table is good…. quite surprised Spurs are 6th…. would have thought we would be a bit lower

tails

hahahahahahaha!

RepacK

Oh dear there are going to be quite a few disappointed 'pool supporters come Christmas when they realise that what they actually have is an expensive bench-warmer…

Let me put in into perspective for you with some numbers..

Salomon Kalou 25 (who is regarded as being very hit & miss by CFC fans..) played almost exactly the same number of games (apps &s subs) as Joe Cole last year. SK scored 12 & MR JC scored 2..SK is on about £60k a wk, JC (who is 29) wanted parity with Frank Lampard..Parity? With Lampard? Its no wonder CFC let him go.

Oh dear there are going to be quite a few disappointed 'pool supporters come Christmas when they realise that what they actually have is an expensive bench-warmer…

Come Christmas? I can assure you, the disappointment is semi-permanent 🙂

Subscriber

You'd love Joe Cole if he played for you. And considering how much Arsenal fans hype up their players, he'd achieve God-like status within a few weeks.

He appears to have managed that already at Liverpool. You're so far up his backside after three matches that you seem to have trouble seeing out. Never mind. Good luck with improving on last year's epic Premiership finish and all the best in the Europa thing 😉

He seems to have managed that already at Liverpool. You're so far up his backside already that you seem to have trouble seeing out.

Is this so? Can't say I agree but I guess it's just perception. [goes off to see if this is true]

all the best in the Europa thing

😆

Now, now, woudn't it be best not to start mentioning Europe given the dearth of European trophies in the cabinet at the Emirates.

Oh no, there was the thing back in the nineties..what was it, the Winners Cup Trophy, the Cup Cup Winners, the Cuppa Tea? And there was the Funfairs Cup thing too…fair dues. Not bad for bottlers.

tails

Out of interest how do people think the CL places will finish this year, United and Chelsea are a given, Arsenal with city also improving and taking a spot. pool and spurs to miss out?

Out of interest how do people think the CL places will finish this year, United and Chelsea are a given, Arsenal with city also improving and taking a spot. pool and spurs to miss out?

3rd and 4th will be the usual bunfight between the usual three or four. Not sure Spurs can repeat what they've done. My money would be on Arsenal third again and probably Citeh for fourth. Liverpool are still three or four players short of contending and if they get a CL spot, it'll be failure on Citeh's part.

Subscriber

Yawn, the point I'm making is that Cole is relatively old, seems to be injury prone and regardless of his skill levels, was never likely to be an Arsenal player – we've already got loads of small, skillful, attacking midfielders who are prone to injury without getting another one.

The backside thing was aimed specifially at Elfin', who seems convinced that Cole's the second coming a bit prematurely and that every other team in the Prem wants him. I just don't think that's true, but he makes sense for Liverpool if he can stay fit.

Sorry, I know that's all a bit reasonable, but there you go. And you did come seventh in the Premiership last season and you are playing in the Europa League…

Subscriber

Surely this will be the year when the Spuds overtake Arsenal yet again?

I just don't think that's true, but he makes sense for Liverpool if he can stay fit.

Aye, tru dat. I was going to say "…and he's free" but not exactly. If he stays fit, it might work.

And you did come seventh in the Premiership last season and you are playing in the Europa League…

Stop reminding me. 🙂

El-bent

SK scored 12 & MR JC scored 2..SK is on about £60k a wk, JC (who is 29) wanted parity with Frank Lampard..Parity? With Lampard? Its no wonder CFC let him go.

Or perhaps they thought that they already on moderately talented midfielder on stupid wages, why would they want to pay another one the same amount?

Ro5ey

"Surely this will be the year when the Spuds overtake Arsenal yet again?"

We live in hope, we live in hope.

I can honestly say I have never been sooooo happy about a football result than when we beat them a few months ago…. (this is not a wind up to arsenal fans, I say it with repect and admiration to an excellent opponent… that's why it felt sooo good)

RepacK

El-bent: JC wanted £120k..Thats significantly more than £60k. In fact I think its twice as much – for a player who contributes significantly less & is 4 yrs older..So not really the same at all is it..Next time try comparing like with like.

tails

I know all footy players are money grabbing good for nothings and we hate them all – Ashley Cole being a popular target but you gotta love his reaction to being offered £60k a week not a year a week!!!

“Ash! Are you listening?” said a virtually hyperventilating Jonathan. “I’m here in the office and David Dein is saying they aren’t going to give you £60k a week. They’ve agreed £55k and this is their best and final offer. Are you happy with that?”

When I heard Jonathan (Barnett) repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the piss, Jonathan!” I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I suppose it all started to fall apart for me from then on. I’d trusted Mr Dein to push the deal through.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Joe Cole – What's he actually for?’ is closed to new replies.