Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Joe Blow Sport v Wiggle LifeLine Digital Track Pump
  • escrs
    Free Member

So my trusty Joe blow sport track pump’s head has died (2nd one in 5 years) now a replacement head is £12

Now the Wiggle lifeline digital track pump is only £20

So is it worth spending £8 more and buying the Lifeline digital pump rather than buying a new head?

Pump is mainly used for topping up before a ride, for tubeless set up etc.. i have a air compressor with a 50 litre tank

jonba
    Free Member

No idea how accurate/repeatable the digital gauge is. Strikes me as something that would fail more rapidly than the old school dials. But I’ve never been one for precise tyre pressures, even in cx racing.

The lifeline basic one is very good. I got one to replace a joe blow years ago and notice no difference. Same price as the head unit!

joebristol

Digital gauge is battery powered – I’m sure I looked at reviews of a similar pump on CRC and loads say the battery just randomly dies and really quickly. So I bought a slightly more expensive Lezyne one to give a try.

My Topeak Joe Blow 2 died when the collar that goes into the barrel snapped one of the lugs off randomly when pumping up a tyre.

I’ve just also had a CRC Airwave pump fail before it even got to 2 years old – I’ve emailed to see if it’s “warranteeable” but I’d not rush to buy that brand again.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Good news, a friend has a spare head that i can have so no need for a new pump now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Joe Blow Sport v Wiggle LifeLine Digital Track Pump’ is closed to new replies.